• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
After all he went to Newcastle to earn a move to a bigger club, and Newcastle bought him to earn a profit on him. What's the problem if it happens after a year instead of after 2-3 years?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Even if they'd sell, how do we go about buying Partey, which is and should be the priority, probably another CB OR midfielder AND Allan for big money as well ?

From just selling Guen, Laca and some old guys ?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Would love this by the way, but unrealistic dreams as an Arsenal fan are just super painful.

Cannot start with this - too many ifs before this could be a goer.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I also think if Saudi didn't take over the US investors will buy club there won't be Mike Ashley anymore

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Get this guy in. Good lively winger who gets involved further down the pitch and makes things happen.

Good contrast on the opposite side to Pepe, there’s a limit to how much we should pay obviously.

25M is fair, don’t think he’s worth double what Newcastle paid or anything mental just yet.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Get this guy in. Good lively winger who gets involved further down the pitch and makes things happen.

Good contrast on the opposite side to Pepe, there’s a limit to how much we should pay obviously.

25M is fair, don’t think he’s worth double what Newcastle paid or anything mental just yet.

Newcastle paid 16m for him and I think he will well and truly explode next season. Double the price would be fair right now.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think he only missing scoring from his game he always get in great positions but miss chances

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Even if they'd sell, how do we go about buying Partey, which is and should be the priority, probably another CB OR midfielder AND Allan for big money as well ?

From just selling Guen, Laca and some old guys ?

I don't think we'll buy another CB tbh.

If Arteta thinks that Saka can play as a midfielder then I guess it makes sense to buy a left-winger.

I'd either play Saka at LW and buy an attacking midfielder, or play Saka in midfield and buy a left-winger.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
But I really do understand where this is coming from, it makes a lot of sense for Arteta to want him.

In the end, he's learned from Pep and even though they have clear differences in their respective approach, he knows how valuable it is to have proper competition in certain areas.

Personally think that we will have a great time when Pepe has fully settled, you can see sim steasily improving and making better use of his abilities.

That being said, I think his contribution to the game, even if he is not involved in a given attack, is undervalued. In the end, he's often occupying 2-3 players at times which implies more room for others to exploit this space.

Just dealing with Pepe on 1on1's seems doable, but if you are looking at the same nighmare from the other side with Maximin, you'll find yourself in big trouble.

Pretty unpredictable - will stretch defenses constantly and get our forwards served way more frequently.

Edit: why can't I still upload pictures without getting an error ?

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Looking at amount of stories, which link us with handful of players, only 100mln warchest articles are missing:lol:

People forget that Covid and budget losses still exists.
Funny because in that Article say despite the crisis and not being in CL Arteta will still have alot money to spend.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I don't think we'll buy another CB tbh.

If Arteta thinks that Saka can play as a midfielder then I guess it makes sense to buy a left-winger.

I'd either play Saka at LW and buy an attacking midfielder, or play Saka in midfield and buy a left-winger.

Cannot upload a picture so I'll just post the ugly version:

-------------- Leno -------------
NewRB Saliba ? Tierney
------ Partey ---- Xhaka----
Pepe ---- Saka ----- Maximin
----------- Auba -----------------

This would, given that we find good options for the vacant positions, have me feel like we'd have a team similar to Klopp's two years ago where you could see them trashing any team at times, but falling back to less good games and dropping easy points.

Would like this a lot, especially with all the talent that can come from the bench.
Scretching my head though as to whether I like Saka in that position, but it would be the only one that's left.

I personally see ESR as the biggest talent yet to make his claim in our first team, mostly due to his injuries, but I'd see him in that De bryune role that Saka would have then.

Pretty difficult to slot everyone in - not a bad thing though. Maybe we just dont have to find all great players in one side, gotta learn from the rich ones :)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Is it going to be another summer of non-stop negativity from you?

Laughing at those claims so much as I really don't know where they are coming from.

I only give my oppinion to the really unlikely ones and why, but actually feel super positive most of the time !

One of the few constantly defending our team as I see so much talent from the young guys, seeing huge improvements under Arteta and think we could challenge like Klopp did in like 3 years with a constant improvement season by season.

Think we'll get Partey and that's already huge by the given situation, but Maximin seems like so so hard to do given what's happening at Newcastle and our/or better so say all team's limited funds.

Newcastle is most mikely to sit on the other side of this with super rich owners and a 6 years contract of Maximin.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Laughing at those claims so much as I really don't know where they are coming from.

I only give my oppinion to the really unlikely ones and why, but actually feel super positive most of the time !
As if we'd just splash 80m on Pepe after bidding 40m for Zaha, trying to safe some pennies on add-ons for Saliba, lowballing Tierney,... the list goes on :lol:

Not sure, if Pepe is 80m good anyways. That gets you Everton + Ceballos.
Really pissed that Saliba seems to have been smoke without fire - got me the most excited along with Tierney.
200 ****ing pages for Kieran Tierney without even being close to signing him :lol:
Untitled.jpg

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Cannot upload a picture so I'll just post the ugly version:

-------------- Leno -------------
NewRB Saliba ? Tierney
------ Partey ---- Xhaka----
Pepe ---- Saka ----- Maximin
----------- Auba -----------------

This would, given that we find good options for the vacant positions, have me feel like we'd have a team similar to Klopp's two years ago where you could see them trashing any team at times, but falling back to less good games and dropping easy points.

Would like this a lot, especially with all the talent that can come from the bench.
Scretching my head though as to whether I like Saka in that position, but it would be the only one that's left.

I personally see ESR as the biggest talent yet to make his claim in our first team, mostly due to his injuries, but I'd see him in that De bryune role that Saka would have then.

Pretty difficult to slot everyone in - not a bad thing though. Maybe we just dont have to find all great players in one side, gotta learn from the rich ones :)

I think Saka would be on the left of a midfield three in a 4-3-3 rather than at no. 10 in a 4-2-3-1, but yeah it would be very exciting indeed.

Tbh who knows about this rumour, it could just be paper talk after some good performances recently. But I think it's pretty plausible that the club might want to buy a new forward.

If you asked me to put my tin hat on and guess which forward Arteta personally likes, I'd say Mikel Oyarzabal. There's the Sociedad connection, they're both from Gipuzkoa. He plays on the left but can drift inside, and I think Oyarzabal is the sort of personality Arteta likes. I was reading up on him recently, he's very level-headed and very hard-working.

Arteta's probably known about him for years, way before he came to the attention of most people. He's also managed by his parents. I think if you wanted to get him out of Sociedad you'd have to convince his parents, and Arteta's pretty much the perfect man for that.

But anyway, that's just me speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom