• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Allan Saint-Maximin

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Untitled.jpg

Expected this, but you'll find stuff like this with 1000's of posts in the summer windows and often rightly so. Almost nobody expected Pepe and that's why we had such a party when it actually happened.

You'll find a lot of positive posts there as much as you do stuff like the ones you are quoting me with

:lol::lol::lol: - pretty sure you are playing this role quite often - not as good as @American_Gooner
at fetching old quotes, but pretty sure AM remembers quite well about us throwing a GIF party when we signed Pepe whilst you were angry calling Pepe a bad signing

Dont think I have ever hated signing as much as Pepe. Maybe Laca... Im trying a few meditations to black it out of my memory!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I think Saka would be on the left of a midfield three in a 4-3-3 rather than at no. 10 in a 4-2-3-1, but yeah it would be very exciting indeed.

Tbh who knows about this rumour, it could just be paper talk after some good performances recently. But I think it's pretty plausible that the club might want to buy a new forward.

If you asked me to put my tin hat on and guess which forward Arteta personally likes, I'd say Mikel Oyarzabal. There's the Sociedad connection, they're both from Gipuzkoa. He plays on the left but can drift inside, and I think Oyarzabal is the sort of personality Arteta likes. I was reading up on him recently, he's very level-headed and very hard-working.

Arteta's probably known about him for years, way before he came to the attention of most people. He's also managed by his parents. I think if you wanted to get him out of Sociedad you'd have to convince his parents, and Arteta's pretty much the perfect man for that.

But anyway, that's just me speculating.

Can't say much with him, but who knows, maybe his name will show up here sooner rather than later :;)

Its very weird to see how all are positive about Maxim but before he was linked I dont think I saw one post of someone wish listing him.

Is he good enough? Is he better than Gouri?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Saka would be on the left of a midfield three in a 4-3-3 rather than at no. 10 in a 4-2-3-1, but yeah it would be very exciting indeed.

Tbh who knows about this rumour, it could just be paper talk after some good performances recently. But I think it's pretty plausible that the club might want to buy a new forward.

If you asked me to put my tin hat on and guess which forward Arteta personally likes, I'd say Mikel Oyarzabal. There's the Sociedad connection, they're both from Gipuzkoa. He plays on the left but can drift inside, and I think Oyarzabal is the sort of personality Arteta likes. I was reading up on him recently, he's very level-headed and very hard-working.

Arteta's probably known about him for years, way before he came to the attention of most people. He's also managed by his parents. I think if you wanted to get him out of Sociedad you'd have to convince his parents, and Arteta's pretty much the perfect man for that.

But anyway, that's just me speculating.

Problem with Oryazabal is that he’s pointless if you have plans for Pepe. They play in exactly the same positions naturally, like to cut inside onto their left high up the pitch from the right channel.

Neither really gets involved that much deeper so it means you’d have three players in a front for us who don’t create much or carry the ball.

It’s why links to ASM make sense, he loves to beat his man and carry the ball and is more creative than Pepe and can play on the left if needed.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Problem with Oryazabal is that he’s pointless if you have plans for Pepe. They play in exactly the same positions naturally, like to cut inside onto their left high up the pitch from the right channel.

Neither really gets involved that much deeper so it means you’d have three players in a front for us who don’t create much or carry the ball.

It’s why links to ASM make sense, he loves to beat his man and carry the ball and is more creative than Pepe and can play on the left if needed.

Whoscored says he's played most of his games on the left, and he's listed as a left-winger. But I've not been watching him so I'll take your word.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Expected this, but you'll find stuff like this with 1000's of posts in the summer windows and often rightly so. Almost nobody expected Pepe and that's why we had such a party when it actually happened.

You'll find a lot of positive posts there as much as you do stuff like the ones you are quoting me with

Pepe wasn't even in the list I mentioned at the time. You didn't think we could get Tierney, Saliba etc...

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Its very weird to see how all are positive about Maxim but before he was linked I dont think I saw one post of someone wish listing him.

Is he good enough? Is he better than Gouri?

It's more about the profile as he'd help in getting us more unpredictable.
Just someone like Zaha, Maximin from the perspective of an explosive, direct dribbler you can set up goals

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whoscored says he's played most of his games on the left, and he's listed as a left-winger. But I've not been watching him so I'll take your word.

Yeah so he’s nominally a left winger but most of his goals come from where Pepe tends to get his as he drifts inside behind Willian José or Isak a lot.

Oryazabal is a decent passer tbf but I think ASM is more of what we need.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
No please. I like steve bruce and i like newcastle and they desperately need him as a creative outlet

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Pepe wasn't even in the list I mentioned at the time. You didn't think we could get Tierney, Saliba etc...

I certainly didn't say we won't get any of them, rather had some pissed off posts like 99% of AM when Tierney turned into the worst transfer saga ever taking us to the last day - you can pretend all you like, but I won't believe you saying you never had doubts on this/those deals at some point.

Would you've bet for us getting Tierney when all window was almost closed ?
There was hope for me and most of us, but nobody knew this would end that way - probably not even Raul etc knew this.

It's not like we haven't had 2-3 seasons of ending up with nothing at the end when we expected it.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I thought he plays mostly on the right, but I see on whoscored he most often plays on the left for Newcastle. Interesting.

Fits the profile of what we could use on the left, but I haven't seen him enough to judge if he's the quality we need to make a push back into the CL.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

After all he went to Newcastle to earn a move to a bigger club, and Newcastle bought him to earn a profit on him. What's the problem if it happens after a year instead of after 2-3 years?
Dembele did the same thing at Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom