• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alleged Player Crisis Meeting

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Because it broke in The Guardian. They don't do gutter journalism or sensationalism. If their journalist said it happened then that's the way it was reported to them which is all they can go on especially if the source is a player at the meeting.
I'd add to this too to say that the Guardian is always careful to differentiate between fact and conjecture, and doesn't pass on gossip from other sources as if it comes from them

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why can’t men cry? Why does a man crying make him less of a man? Why can’t leaders cry?
I’m a bit confused

It's not a good look, leaders are expected to keep control of their emotions and show strength that the other players look to. If your captain isn't emotionally strong then the players will find it incredibly hard to respect him and see him as the guy to lead the team. By crying it's a sign that he's lost control of his emotions,

I'd rather if he did broke down it'd be in private on his own. A few of the players won't be able to take him seriously at all.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It sums up this group of dickheads that the coaches were blamed straight away & then all leaked to the press.

Good on Kos or Per... You know it was one of them with the passionate speech.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It's not a good look, leaders are expected to keep control of their emotions and show strength that the other players look to. If your captain isn't emotionally strong then the players will find it incredibly hard to respect him and see him as the guy to lead the team. By crying it's a sign that he's lost control of his emotions,

I'd rather if he did broke down it'd be in private on his own. A few of the players won't be able to take him seriously at all.

Well I disagree. If he was shouting at the players and losing control of his emotions in that way I’m sure you’d think it was good.
Maybe we’ve had different leaders that shaped our opinions on what makes a good one so that’s fair enough. To me though, crying in front of other men is quite brave

Apparently it is because of stuff like this what you said, the expextiations that men needs to be men, need to be hard and not show emotions that men commit a **** at lot higher rate than women.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd say the opposite. If I saw my captain crying I'd do everything possible to correct it.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well I disagree. If he was shouting at the players and losing control of his emotions in that way I’m sure you’d think it was good.
Maybe we’ve had different leaders that shaped our opinions on what makes a good one so that’s fair enough. To me though, crying in front of other men is quite brave

Men in general won't respect other men if they're seen crying and losing their emotions in that way, it's just the sad reality of it. If that's the way you are when things are going bad then how are you expected to get out of the mess we're in without show some mental strength and keeping control of your emotions. Players want to see strong leaders, they need emotionally strong leaders.

Maybe in an ideal world men would be able to cry in front of other men and they'd think nothing of it but in the real world they'll see it as quite week. You can't go to war for a man who's like that. How Kos gonna be able to tell another players to work harder on Sunday when he's thinking "why should I listen to this guy when he had a mental breakdown the other day?".

Like someone said you think Vieira would have cried during a bad spell? Or even someone like Arteta? It just doesn't work, look at Gallas and the mental breakdown he had guys like Van Persie completely lost all respect for him.

Top Bottom