• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alou Diarra

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 347
  • Views 16,445
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Wenger really is an ass if this becomes a vieira replacement.

We need presence and combative spirit.

Not thuggery and ineptitude.

LeTallec

Kha0z said:
Wenger really is an ass if this becomes a vieira replacement.

We need presence and combative spirit.

Not thuggery and ineptitude.
you have not even seen the player.. hes a french international who has done well.. get a life and to resort a genius like wenger to name calling shows really who you are.. you should support chelsea

nazo

Established Member
hes 25 isnt he, i know abit about him and he isnt that great, brianfrance should know more because of his french knowledge.

something that caught my eye was:
Liverpool reject Alou Diarra, if he is a reject at liverpool, i dont see him good enough for us.

Diarra had previously failed to make the grade in two seasons at Bayern Munich: same we are at the same level of bayern and if he cant play there, he wont play here and wont help us in the CL.

A

Anonymous

Has he had a good season then? He must have done something good to get a £5 million price tag.

kel varnsen

Established Member
never really impressed me. decent defensively, but pretty useless going forward. wouldn't really improve the first team at all.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I watched Alou Diarra's game in France last season. He played poorly then. Afterward I watched Lyon's quaterfinal in CL and was very surprised by the player's calibre..... Only later I found out it was a 'different' Diarra.
I don't rate the player, the Alou one.

A

Anonymous

tactica442 said:
I watched Alou Diarra's game in France last season. He played poorly then. Afterward I watched Lyon's quaterfinal in CL and was very surprised by the player's calibre..... Only later I found out it was a 'different' Diarra.
I don't rate the player, the Alou one.

:)

LeTallec

sabret00the said:
LeTallec said:
sabret00the said:
a premeriship reject w00t
really.. how do you become a reject when youve not even played one game
he played a game then got shipped out on loan, not once but thrice. it's not like he's 21 or something.
he went out on loan to Bastia and Lens iirc.. its harder to play in front of a Hamann Alonso and Gerrard.. Diarra wanted first team guarantees which didnt go down well with Rafa.. hes not a Vieira but hes a decent player.. he will be better than Gilberto or Flamini defensively imo.. the guy is a monster...

patrick42uk

Established Member
big fella, but i dont rate his technique. this is the danger with our our problems physically in the center i.e buying a strong person who lacks the technique to truly have an impact on our game.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
^Yep. They need to have sharper distribution as well. Our distribution from central midfield has been woeful this season, and is imo the main reason our counter-attacks have become non-existent. Please let this link be a smokescreen.

A

Anonymous

what the hell, i say buy him.
we need to take the 5 million dollar risk if we want champions league football.

henry and vieira were flops at their old clubs aswell so what the hell man.

wenger seems to know how to buy rejects and make them good. cause everytime he buys a known good player, they turn out crap.

eg. Jeffers, Reyes, VanBronckhorst, Wiltord, Hleb

Spartan

is this the diarra that plays for france?? seen him a couple of times and at 1st thought it was vieria, not just coz he looks like him!!

he looked good to me

rojos

hes hardly a 'reject'.

Liverpool wanted to keep him, but Diarra knew he wasnt' going to get any games with Gerrard, Alonso and Hamann here - and then quickly joined by Sissoko. No way was he going to get into the team on a regular basis in front of them.

SO he asked to be allowed to leave. Fairrynuff really isn't it!

Of what I've seen of him - and that is just playing for France, he is what you need! He's a good player, and would be well suited over here.

Wenger14

Established Member
This is what caught my eye,

Guardian said:
However, since moving to Lens in 2004 he has won seven caps with the France national team. Capable of scoring goals from a holding midfield position, Diarra is regarded as France's answer to Chelsea's Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien.

rojos said:
hes hardly a 'reject'.

Liverpool wanted to keep him, but Diarra knew he wasnt' going to get any games with Gerrard, Alonso and Hamann here - and then quickly joined by Sissoko. No way was he going to get into the team on a regular basis in front of them.

So if he can't get in ahead of Alonso Hamman and Sissoko, why would he be good enough for us?

Our midfield is weak, but it's hardly a time to reduce the quality of it by purchasing mediocre players.

Anyone who can elaborate well on Diarra?

Chips&CurrySauce

I have to admit I don't even rememebr seeing this player at Liverpool... I've no idea how good he is but not exactly the kind of player I was hoping for... I'd much rather have Toulalan..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom