• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinderz

From a legal background myself, this whole Madrid to buy morata and sell him on instantly makes very little sense to me. The buy back clause is only relevant if the player himself is willing to move and sign a contract. For Real Madrid to sign him and sell him. He would have to agree a contract with Real Madrid. And then as a completely separate event be sold on and agree a new contract with a different club. I don't neccessarily see why he would agree to go through Real Madrid when he can just be sold directly. Unless real give him a cut of the transfer profit. But then we start to get into very murky waters legally. I don't feel like any journalist seems to know what the actual process would be if Real Madrid were to activate their clause.
It doesn't make sense from an economics point of view either. If he (or his agent) and the other parties are self interested, it doesn't make sense; compared to turning down Real, structuring a deal to avoid Juve's penalty for selling him before 2017 (a loan with an option to buy in 2017 or a like) and splitting Real's supposed middle man profit three ways between Juve, the player and the buying club

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I struggle to remember of a case where a club wanted to activate a buy back cause, merely for profit and not to get the player back.
I guess Vela with Arsenal would be closest to such a case. Wasn't Sociedad forced to pay us 14m to remove the clause when we threatened to activate the clause? If we use that as precedent, doesn't seem there's much Juve or Morata can do if Real activate the clause. I'm sure the contract would have adequate addendums to rule out all other possibilities...

Hinderz

What wage would Morata receive? The one he used to get at Real, the same as what he gets at Juve, or that plus a percentage? For how long, until the end of his current Juve contract? Without any benefit he can be sold against his will, like a piece of meat...It all seems unlikely without him agreeing to a deal with his new(old) employer. Im sure Real have Juve stitched up, but i'd be surprised if it has any bearing on the player.

eye4goal

Established Member
Madrid could buy him for €30m, sell for €60m. Morata gets a €10m pay off (from Madrid) and a big wage at wherever he's going. He's only started 16 league games at Juventus this season so there's a chance he'll want to go.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
Alvaro Morata’s agent says the Juventus striker ‘doesn’t know where he’ll be playing next year.’

The Spain international’s future in Turin is in doubt as Real Madrid have the option to re-sign him for €30m this summer.

Speculation has suggested the Merengues want to pay the fee in order to then sell the striker on to PSG, Arsenal or Manchester United.

Morata scored the decisive goal in extra-time during last night’s Coppa Italia final to secure a domestic double for the second consecutive year with the Bianconeri.

“I’m happy for the goal, it’s an important strike for him,” agent Juanma Lopez told Calciomercato.com.

“He’s a player at the top level in the world. Future? For now he doesn’t know anything, he doesn’t know where he’ll be playing next year.”

http://www.football-italia.net/84752/‘morata-doesn’t-know-his-team’

"He is a top player at world level," Lopez told Calciomercato.com.

"As for his future, we do not know anything yet, we do not know where he will play next year.

"There is nothing definite with English clubs and Juve can still hope."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/tran...hing-definite-with-english-clubs-morata-agent

Hinderz

Madrid could buy him for €30m, sell for €60m. Morata gets a €10m pay off (from Madrid) and a big wage at wherever he's going. He's only started 16 league games at Juventus this season so there's a chance he'll want to go.
Or he could turn down any contract Real put in front of him, push for a €40m more from Juve (who are happy for the extra €10m), ask for €10m sign on fee, and even higher wages knowing he's saved the buying club an extra €10m simply by cutting out Real

RandyMarsh

Established Member
So they buy him for €30mil, I reckon we can get him for €45 off Real. That's about £34 mil. Bargain for a striker in this day and age.

Lancelot

Established Member
Real Madrid has €30M buy back clause according to SSN

Do they desperate to buy this guy back?
It's all too confusing.
I think @Marquis the prince has released the info before in this thread but in bits and pieces.

Here is what I can find and I'd say that Morata's contract is pretty much a glorified loan agreement, to be honest. Things will certainly become much more intense during 1-15 July, provided that we are still looking for that illusive center forward by then.

Transfer:
  • 4,000,000€ during the first 15 days
  • 5,330,000€ on July 15, 2015
  • 5,330,000€ on July 15, 2016
  • 5,340,000€ on July 15, 2017
Buy-back option:
Juventus and the player concede Real Madrid the right to exercise a buy-back option during any of the following periods:

• 1-15 July, 2016
  • 1-15 July, 2017
Buy-back price | II:
  • If the player has participated in less than 25% of the matches* during the previous season, Real Madrid will have to pay 20,000,000M

• If the player has participated in more than 25% and less than 50% of the matches* during the previous season, Real Madrid will have to pay 25,000,000M

• If the player has participated in more than 50% of the matches* during the previous season, Real Madrid will have to pay 30,000,000M
    • (*Not counting injuries. 45' or more per match)
Other clauses
  • Juventus can't transfer or loan the player until July 15, 2017. If they do, they'll have to pay 80,000,000€.

• If Juventus and the player receive an offer after July 15, 2017; Real Madrid will have the right to match it. Real Madrid and the player agree to sign a contract of employment with the same terms as offer.
Credit - reddit.com

Ps. And the actual copy of the contract (not in English)

Source - footballleaks2015.wordpress.com

For those of you who don't want to go through the whole clicking and downloading through redirecting sites: ;)

Attachments

• Real Madrid & Juventus - Alvaro Morata.pdf
    494.1 KB · Views: 1

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Real will look to double their money.

Morata will cost PSG/Chelsea/City money.
PSG, City and Chelsea to an extent are all win now teams. They have the money to go for the best not players like Morata who are yet to explode.

I think that's what will help us here while they fight over Lukaku, Higuain etc

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
From Lancelot's link:

Juventus and the player concede Real Madrid the right to exercise a buy-back option during any of the following periods:

• 1-15 July, 2016
  • 1-15 July, 2016
And this is what both Juventus and the player signed. So basically he has no choice but move back if Real trigger the clause.

No wonder we wanted no part of it a couple of years back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
PSG, City and Chelsea to an extent are all win now teams. They have the money to go for the best not players like Morata who are yet to explode.

I think that's what will help us here while they fight over Lukaku, Higuain etc

Yeah but the striker market is crap, which means even guys like Morata look attractive to the very best teams.

Would put Morata and Lukaku on the same level.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So they buy him for €30mil, I reckon we can get him for €45 off Real. That's about £34 mil. Bargain for a striker in this day and age.

No but Real will probably want us to stump up cash for his buy back clause. It's why the 50M figure is being quoted.

alwaysmassive78

Morata is more talented than Lukaku, but I'd take Lukaku every time. Truly think he's Drogba mark 2. Really wanted him before Chelsea got him.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Morata is ****. The figures being thrown around are ****ing unreal, he's a complete nothing forward. Not even a proper prospect anymore, turns 24 this year.

There's no way Wenger would pay this much for such an average player. Say what you want about Wenger but the guy only spends big on genuine quality, Morata is average as **** and is living off the fact that he once played for Real Madrid.

No one would give a flying **** about him if he'd never played for RM. Put him in a mid-table PL side and he would be a complete nobody.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So Juve have to pay Madrid €80M if they sell Morata to someone who isn't us.

Looks like this has to go through Madrid. Deal is dodgy as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom