• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisenberg

The state of strikers is so ****ing dire ffs. Can't believe this lad is getting hyped up, he's done nothing in his career so far. I understand why Arsenal fans would be happy considering the current starting striker is worse than getting a Mexican cartel acid bath, but still.

They literally have twice the player playing for them already in Dybala, yet top clubs are fighting for their bench warmer. Even Mandzukic was chosen above him.

My head can't take this.
I follow you... There should be better options out there. Definitely. Zlatan?

Some rumours say that Juventus was using Mandzukic over Morata because of the clause Real Madrid has. It sounds a bit unrealistic, but it has been mentioned.

But I must admit I would appreciate Morata if we consider the alternative options. For me, he his a better fit than Lukaku due to better technical abilities, and he should be able to score more goals. And to defend him, he was often used as a sub this season. On the other hand, paying that much for a SUB (!!!!!) seems insane.

PEA is bound to end up in Spain. He talks about it at least. Griezmann will probably not leave - and why should he leave Atletico now?

Zlatan is the only top class player we realistically can get. And I am not even sure that is realistic.

Arsenalman365

M
The state of strikers is so ****ing dire ffs. Can't believe this lad is getting hyped up, he's done nothing in his career so far. I understand why Arsenal fans would be happy considering the current starting striker is worse than getting a Mexican cartel acid bath, but still.

They literally have twice the player playing for them already in Dybala, yet top clubs are fighting for their bench warmer. Even Mandzukic was chosen above him.

My head can't take this.
Morata has world-class ability. He's very different to Dybala. To be fair, Dybala will soon be even better than Aguero. He's much better than Aguero. Arsenal, Chelsea, United etc are interested in Icardi who would be cheaper and has a better scoring record but Morata is something special. He's the perfect striker with a perfect all round game. He's achieved more in the Champions league than Ibra has in his entire career.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

My head can't take this.

He'll be a good 3rd choice striker to Giroud and Welbeck. ;)

Arsenalman365

I follow you... There should be better options out there. Definitely. Zlatan?

Some rumours say that Juventus was using Mandzukic over Morata because of the clause Real Madrid has. It sounds a bit unrealistic, but it has been mentioned.

But I must admit I would appreciate Morata if we consider the alternative options. For me, he his a better fit than Lukaku due to better technical abilities, and he should be able to score more goals. And to defend him, he was often used as a sub this season. On the other hand, paying that much for a SUB (!!!!!) seems insane.

PEA is bound to end up in Spain. He talks about it at least. Griezmann will probably not leave - and why should he leave Atletico now?

Zlatan is the only top class player we realistically can get. And I am not even sure that is realistic.
Apparently, there was a bit of interest from Wenger in Zlatan but it was never going to happen because of the rediculous wage demands of 200k+. At this stage of his career, Morata is a much better fit.

It does seem strange that Mandzukic was starting over him. Those rumours may be true. Morata is twice the player Mandzukic is.

If you take Aubameyang's insane pace out of the equation, he's inferior to Morata in every single way. To prefer Aubameyang is absurd. Not only is he inferior but he would cost more.

Based on what I've seen, Morata is the only top class striker realistically available this summer. If not they Wenger would probably target Icardi or Vincent Janssen.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It could just be that as a duo up front Allegri sees Dybala and Mandzukic as a better partnership. Mandzukic as the traditional target man and Dybala as the second striker. Basically it's essentially what they had with Llorente and Tevez. When partnerships work then you don't really want to change them.

You can't deny what Morata did for Juve during their Champions League run of last season scoring vital goals. Or Yesterday evening scoring the winner in the cup.

Heisenberg

It could just be that as a duo up front Allegri sees Dybala and Mandzukic as a better partnership. Mandzukic as the traditional target man and Dybala as the second striker. Basically it's essentially what they had with Llorente and Tevez. When partnerships work then you don't really want to change them.

You can't deny what Morata did for Juve during their Champions League run of last season scoring vital goals. Or Yesterday evening scoring the winner in the cup.
Also an element, true.

But Morata just seems like a player that could be a decent partner to Dybala too. Similar size as Mandzukic, but a much more allround player.

Arsenalman365

If there is any striker being hyped up by Arsenal fans, it's Icardi IMO.
Icardi is an incredible poacher. He's like Podolski with much better movement, agility, heading and first touch. Icardi doesn't offer much other than putting the ball in the back of the net, not that that's a bad thing. A lot like Ruud Van Nistelrooy.

Arsenalman365

I
Also an element, true.

But Morata just seems like a player that could be a decent partner to Dybala too. Similar size as Mandzukic, but a much more allround player.
Beats me. Morata is literally an inch taller than Mandzukic. He's also got pace, dribbling ability and is much more clinical. Mandzukic hasn't lived up to his price tag. He's the undroppable son of Juve. He's only scored 10 in the league.

Morata is also a big game player. He's super reliable when you need important goals. As seen in the Champions league and on Saturday.

Arsenalman365

Mahrez - Özil - Sanchez
-----------Morata----------

This would just be unfair to the opposition.
Mahrez appears to be tabloid rumours. Leicester wouldn't want to sell and he'd cost a fortune. We do seem to be interested in Mhkitaryan though who would cost 20 million quid and is probably better than Mahrez. This is because he's in the last year of his contract at Dortmund. It may not happen unless a wide player leaves (Walcott please). He had a better season than Mahrez with 18 goals and 20 assists in 48 games. That's a goal/assist per game.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure either of them is what we need to be honest. I would rather have Ramsey or Wilshere on the right if I am honest. Mahrez literally is a luxury player. He defends as much Özil and I really don't think we can afford to be imbalanced as we actually commit men forward when we have the ball. We don't just sit and wait to counter.

------------------------------------New striker-------------------------------

Sanchez--------------------------Özil------------------------------Ramsey/Wilshere

-----------------------------Xhaka----------Cazorla-------------------------------

Arsenalman365

Not sure either of them is what we need to be honest. I would rather have Ramsey or Wilshere on the right if I am honest. Mahrez literally is a luxury player. He defends as much Özil and I really don't think we can afford to be imbalanced as we actually commit men forward when we have the ball. We don't just sit and wait to counter.

------------------------------------New striker-------------------------------

Sanchez--------------------------Özil------------------------------Ramsey/Wilshere

-----------------------------Xhaka----------Cazorla-------------------------------
I agree that it isn't a need but he's a bargain at £21.5 Million. His market value is £40 Million+ in reality. 18 goals and 20 assists in 48 games is an insane record. One benefit is that he's completely ambidextrous like Cazorla. That means he's good right and left.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I agree that it isn't a need but he's a bargain at £21.5 Million. His market value is £40 Million+ in reality. 18 goals and 20 assists in 48 games is an insane record. One benefit is that he's completely ambidextrous like Cazorla. That means he's good right and left.

I didn't realise that. I thought he was right footed only. That changes things as he can swap with Sanchez constantly. He seems like an Arsenal type player if I am honest. We shall see. Would be amazing if we tied up two players in two weeks.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Sorry, did I miss something here ?
Mahrez for 21 million? Which (credible) source states this ?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Back on topic, I am not sure why there is such a split position on Morata. He brings, pace, movement, skill aerial presence and assists to the forward line. Isn't that what Welbeck brought. I think he is more natural a finisher also. Numbers don't tell you everything. I can't see why he wouldn't score goals with his movement and ability to get in the right positions. If I see Özil get behind the midfield and have to turn back because he can't play a through ball to Giroud due to lack of pace I will lose my mind.

The problem is the complexity of the deal. We will be absolutely mugged off by Real. They will sell him for £45 million and we won't pay that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom