• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Álvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Okay :lol:

But firstly, Mkhitaryan would most likely cost more than that. More like 40-45 million euros, even with only 1 year left. Dortmund sold Hummels for almost 40 million with 1 year and he is a ****ing defender.

Mkhitaryan was their best player tearing the league apart and is an OFFENSIVE player. They always cost a lot more.

But most important - secondly, the media is full of reports that Guendogan's move to City is all but complete. Like I said, Dortmund stated in public that they will not sell Hummels, Guendogan AND Mkhitaryan at any costs.
They will let him run his contract down like it happended with Lewandowski. They are that bullish and to be honest, I can understand that - with loosing all three of them it would be hard to repeat a similar standard to this saison, not to mention to get one level up.

Sadly, this dream has died for me since Guendogan is on his way out ...:(

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

But firstly, Mkhitaryan would most likely cost more than that. More like 40-45 million euros, even with only 1 year left. Dortmund sold Hummels for almost 40 million with 1 year and he is a ****ing defender.

Mkhitaryan was their best player tearing the league apart and is an OFFENSIVE player. They always cost a lot more.

But most important - secondly, the media is full of reports that Guendogan's move to City is all but complete. Like I said, Dortmund stated in public that they will not sell Hummels, Guendogan AND Mkhitaryan at any costs.
They will let him run his contract down like it happended with Lewandowski. They are that bullish and to be honest, I can understand that - with loosing all three of them it would be hard to repeat a similar standard to this saison, not to mention to get one level up.

Hummels only went for that much because it was to a rival.

Most comparable transfer recently would be Kagawa to Utd which was only between 10-15M.

Heisenberg

But Dortmund has a problem with Mkhitaryan: His contract expires in a year.

If they want to earn some money, it is now. The contract would probably have been extended by now if it was going to happen. If they do not sell him now, he will join Bayern on a free in a year.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We could wait for the wide player till after the Euros. The centre forward is what we need to nail down ASAP. Mahrez isn't going to the Euro's, Draxler will be available as will Schurlle, wide players are not hard to find. The problem is the striking position. It would make no sense putting a wide forward before getting a striker or centre back which is more of a necessity considering we have 6 wide options currently.

Add to that, we could be seeing a change in formation. I wouldn't put it past Wenger to go to a diamond considering we are stocking up on central midfielders at the moment. Coquelin, Xhaka, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, El Neny. Thats six players for two positions unless he plays one of them wide. Then what would be the use of a wide player?

CF must be priority right now.

Heisenberg

People think we're buying a CF and a wide player.

:eek:

Not a chance.
People dream of a CF and a wide player.

People think we will buy one of the two.

Most likely a CF due to Welbecks injury and the number of players who can play out wide in our squad. Furthermore, Walcott is likely to be sold leaving us with only Giroud until Welbeck is back in 2017.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not really convinced by Morata to be honest. I would be fairly pleased because it's at least someone different and pretty established. I mean I know that half way through the season if we only had Giroud still I'd be like "Why didn't we sign Morata?" but it's not a great basis for signing a player :p

Arsenalman365

Back on topic, I am not sure why there is such a split position on Morata. He brings, pace, movement, skill aerial presence and assists to the forward line. Isn't that what Welbeck brought. I think he is more natural a finisher also. Numbers don't tell you everything. I can't see why he wouldn't score goals with his movement and ability to get in the right positions. If I see Özil get behind the midfield and have to turn back because he can't play a through ball to Giroud due to lack of pace I will lose my mind.

The problem is the complexity of the deal. We will be absolutely mugged off by Real. They will sell him for £45 million and we won't pay that.
Everywhere is saying he's our top target. He will cost about £40 Million but I think Wenger would pay. It's a very good price of a striker of his quality at that age.

Arsenalman365

We could wait for the wide player till after the Euros. The centre forward is what we need to nail down ASAP. Mahrez isn't going to the Euro's, Draxler will be available as will Schurlle, wide players are not hard to find. The problem is the striking position. It would make no sense putting a wide forward before getting a striker or centre back which is more of a necessity considering we have 6 wide options currently.

Add to that, we could be seeing a change in formation. I wouldn't put it past Wenger to go to a diamond considering we are stocking up on central midfielders at the moment. Coquelin, Xhaka, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ramsey, El Neny. Thats six players for two positions unless he plays one of them wide. Then what would be the use of a wide player?

CF must be priority right now.
Draxler isn't exactly startling quality let alone Schurrle. Schurrle has the first touch of Gary Glitter plus no end product. Draxler hasn't set the world alight either and his decision making is poor.
People think we're buying a CF and a wide player.

:eek:

Not a chance.
Telegraph/Guardian reporting that he would join only of a wide player leaves. Wenger is only targeting a CB, defensive mid and striker. There's not a chance of both unless Walcott/Sanchez leaves.

It's been reported multiple times that Arsenal have been watching him all season and he's stalling on a contract to see if we or half of Europe move for him. With one year left, it's been claimed he'd cost £21.5 Million. That's appropriate considering we could sign him on a free next year.
Not really convinced by Morata to be honest. I would be fairly pleased because it's at least someone different and pretty established. I mean I know that half way through the season if we only had Giroud still I'd be like "Why didn't we sign Morata?" but it's not a great basis for signing a player :p
Morata is pretty established. I've watched him for years. He's got end product. He's quick, good in the air, strong and a clinical/natural finisher. There aren't many strikers in Europe I'd rather take. The fact that Morata is preferred over Icardi who has a solid scoring record says alot.

The only striker I'd rather take if available would be Dybala. Thats a dream. If not, then you'll end up with a 28+ year old striker on massive wages. Morata offers value for money. He's pretty established. He's scored in every big game under the sun against every big opposition. He's scored against Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Man City etc in the Champions leag he and even scored in the final. He'd score 20-30 in the prem easy.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Find it hard to believe that anyone doubting Morata has actually seen him more than 2/3 times.

Most likely checked wiki etc and didn't like the numbers.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Find it hard to believe that anyone doubting Morata has actually seen him more than 2/3 times.

Most likely checked wiki etc and didn't like the numbers.

I haven't seen an awful lot, he does sound slightly like a punt though when people talk about promise rather than what he has already done. Might be as good as we can hope for though.

That said I'm always frustrated when I see other clubs get a promising player and they explode so perhaps it's our turn again.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I haven't seen an awful lot, he does sound slightly like a punt though when people talk about promise rather than what he has already done. Might be as good as we can hope for though.

That said I'm always frustrated when I see other clubs get a promising player and they explode so perhaps it's our turn again.

I think he just needs consistency and with Utd most likely going for Ibra Arsenal would be the best place for that.

He's a punt but I'd say nearly every player is, look at Hazard for example. Player of the year and then didn't score in the league until a month ago.

He'd allow us to structure our game in multiple ways, unlike any of the current strikers. Can hold the ball up, run with it, work the channels etc.

Even if he does fail, he's very young, I think we could still shift him on for 20-25M.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

He's only a punt if you look at his goalscoring numbers this season in a vacuum. The guy is poised to be a star. He's not someone who squanders chances. The guy is a natural, instinctive finisher who is better in the air than Giroud with pace that rivals Welbeck's. Think for a second how many chances Giroud had this season and didn't score. Think about how many balls Özil and Sanchez played that Giroud was just too slow to get to which would have been chances for a striker with pace. At least half of those Morata would have scored. If we get him he's going to be right up there with Kane, Aguero and Vardy in the 20s in the league. He's exactly the kind of player you buy, a couple of years from his prime with all of the tools and a track record of turning up in the biggest matches. Unless we're getting Lewa or Studge this guy is the best option around.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Draxler isn't exactly startling quality let alone Schurrle. Schurrle has the first touch of Gary Glitter plus no end product. Draxler hasn't set the world alight either and his decision making is poor.

Telegraph/Guardian reporting that he would join only of a wide player leaves. Wenger is only targeting a CB, defensive mid and striker. There's not a chance of both unless Walcott/Sanchez leaves.

It's been reported multiple times that Arsenal have been watching him all season and he's stalling on a contract to see if we or half of Europe move for him. With one year left, it's been claimed he'd cost £21.5 Million. That's appropriate considering we could sign him on a free next year.

Morata is pretty established. I've watched him for years. He's got end product. He's quick, good in the air, strong and a clinical/natural finisher. There aren't many strikers in Europe I'd rather take. The fact that Morata is preferred over Icardi who has a solid scoring record says alot.

The only striker I'd rather take if available would be Dybala. Thats a dream. If not, then you'll end up with a 28+ year old striker on massive wages. Morata offers value for money. He's pretty established. He's scored in every big game under the sun against every big opposition. He's scored against Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Man City etc in the Champions leag he and even scored in the final. He'd score 20-30 in the prem easy.
I admit I've seen him only a couple of times, he looked like a striker that likes to be involved in general play, an opposite of Walcott if you will. He's a good finisher, though I haven't seen him score any spectacular goals.
But I must say that if he was as good as he's made out to be, why wouldn't Real Madrid exercise their clause and keep him for themselves. They've been known to put 50m players on the bench, so why not stock a striker who's come through their own youth system.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the past three years on AM I've been told we should avoid these because;

Suarez - Attituide/Mentality
Higuian - Bottler/ Not good enough
PEA - Not good enough
Benzema - 'Ronaldo's *****/Not good enough

Between them these four players have more than 160 goals. I tend not to listen any more when I'm told someone isn't good enough...

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You were wrong about Xhaka, face it you know as much as any of us. You've got some hangup on us spending any money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom