• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alvaro Morata

Status
Not open for further replies.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
There is not only one way to play football. One thing is clear. Since Arteta has been here our attack has been lacking and we have been consistently low scoring. So how about we change approach. Having players who never had any track record of being goal scorers is not a wise thing no matter how people twist it. Arteta is not genius who knows more about football than every manager in football

We don’t need a new Laca. We need an actual striker who is in the box and is a good finisher. Our system is also not close to city’s as we mainly put in crosses to empty penalty area and play far more long balls while they have elite technicians

Yeah I get you mate and I agree with you, we need a striker with a goal scoring record that can also give us an alternative to players like Martinelli and Balogun. That is why Vlahovic was such an important option for us.

For the meantime however, we wont find exactly what we are looking for, so instead I think the management team should look to bolster our current system, and that's what Morata can bring for the next six months.

Thereafter we should go for the option you suggesting, because yes, that will elevate our attacking game tremendously. You talking going as high as Haaland by the way.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I get you mate and I agree with you, we need a striker with a goal scoring record that can also give us an alternative to players like Martinelli and Balogun. That is why Vlahovic was such an important option for us.

For the meantime however, we wont find exactly what we are looking for, so instead I think the management team should look to bolster our current system, and that's what Morata can bring for the next six months.

Thereafter we should go for the option you suggesting, because yes, that will elevate our attacking game tremendously. You talking going as high as Haaland by the way.
If we got vlahovic he wouldn’t be much of a scorer. Because the way we play doesn’t lend to a high scoring team. The issue is not the players, but the tactics. It’s one thing having world class players, but give them poor tactics and they will look just ok. Man City is the biggest wasters in the league. But they create so much and attack with real intent.

I would just use Auba rest of the season and get new manager in the summer

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we got vlahovic he wouldn’t be much of a scorer. Because the way we play doesn’t lend to a high scoring team. The issue is not the players, but the tactics. It’s one thing having world class players, but give them poor tactics and they will look just ok. Man City is the biggest wasters in the league. But they create so much and attack with real intent.

I would just use Auba rest of the season and get new manager in the summer

I think him going on loan to Barca would be the safer option, get him playing regularly again and keep him as an option for a potential new manager coming in.

I love Auba and he can be devastating in a system which plays to his strengths here at Arsenal, but I would be willing to use him in any potential deal for De Jong. That's another factor that I would consider with this deal.

In the meantime, get someone like Morata and let Arteta do his thing. As you say, if he isnt good enough with his management, it will show with Morata as well.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I think people are underrating Morata due to his spell at Chelsea,

Auba - 246 goals in 502 appearances at a strike rate of 0.49
Morata - 171 goals in 423 appearances at a strike rate of 0.40

Not a huge difference especially when you consider Morata is far more of a link up man than a goal poacher like Auba.

I wouldn't want to drop £40-50m on him but as a loan until the end of the season I've heard way worse ideas.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Now people want this flop and de Jong??? Lol... Arteta really lowering standards. We are not so far to lose Saka and Martinelli to finish the process to mid table.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Now people want this flop and de Jong??? Lol... Arteta really lowering standards. We are not so far to lose Saka and Martinelli to finish the process to mid table.
Frenkie De Jong is a quality player. He would start for every team in the Premier league.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Frenkie De Jong is a quality player. He would start for every team in the Premier league.
I mean Luk, the CF... He is good but it's been a long time since he played in his best role as CDM. Barcelona is wasting him for not benching Busquets and play him there.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think people are underrating Morata due to his spell at Chelsea,

Auba - 246 goals in 502 appearances at a strike rate of 0.49
Morata - 171 goals in 423 appearances at a strike rate of 0.40

Not a huge difference especially when you consider Morata is far more of a link up man than a goal poacher like Auba.

I wouldn't want to drop £40-50m on him but as a loan until the end of the season I've heard way worse ideas.

He’s the most annoying type of player because he is really good on his day but those days are one in three or four games.

I don’t even mean goalscoring but overall play. It’s too often he just doesn’t even bother to turn up at all.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He’s the most annoying type of player because he is really good on his day but those days are one in three or four games.

I don’t even mean goalscoring but overall play. It’s too often he just doesn’t even bother to turn up at all.

So we're signing the Spanish Willian?

Death, taxes, Arsenal signing Chelsea rejects.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can’t exactly turn down Morata if the opportunity comes when our back up to Lacazette is Nketiah.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So we're signing the Spanish Willian?

Death, taxes, Arsenal signing Chelsea rejects.

Mostly gives you the limpest performances possible and his technique completely abandons him. Then once a month he turns into prime Drogba and dominates teams.

He does just enough to move from big club to big club because they see he has the top performance and all round play in his locker and think they’ll get it out of him consistently.

He’s mugged off so many top managers like Conte, Allegri, Ancelotti, Sarri and Simeone. All those names never got more than about 1 goal in 3 from him for a reason.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Mostly gives you the limpest performances possible and his technique completely abandons him.

Then once a month he turns into prime Drogba and dominates teams.

He does just enough to move from big club to big club because they see he has the top performance and all round play in his locker and think they’ll get it out of him consistently.

He’s mugged off so many top managers like Conte, Allegri, Ancelotti, Sarri and Simeone. All those names never got more than about 1 goal in 3 from him for a reason.
It's not even his goal rate. I could play for Atletico/Spain/Juve and manage a goal here and there against cannon fodder.

It's his overall game. He's rubbish. Isn't quick, isn't good in the air, isn't good at linking the play. There's literally nothing good enough in his game to waste time on.

You would honestly be better having signed Andy Carroll for 6 months. At least you know he will score a few headers.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's not even his goal rate. I could play for Atletico/Spain/Juve and manage a goal here and there against cannon fodder.

It's his overall game. He's rubbish. Isn't quick, isn't good in the air, isn't good at linking the play. There's literally nothing good enough in his game to waste time on.

You would honestly be better having signed Andy Carroll for 6 months. At least you know he will score a few headers.

Agree to all of this but every now and again it clicks for him and he turns it on.

It’s way too rare though. You’re stuck on a treadmill of aggressively mediocre performances where he looks completely lost on the pitch 75% of the time.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agree to all of this but every now and again it clicks for him and he turns it on.

It’s way too rare though. You’re stuck on a treadmill of aggressively mediocre performances where he looks completely lost on the pitch 75% of the time.
Yeah. If he were 24 or 25 you could say. OK....a little experience and maybe just maybe you could get something. But most of his career has passed him by. He's been at top clubs and every single one of those clubs has wanted rid of him.

I watch Spain a lot and even at the Euros he was brutal. I mean terrible looked like a man who has never played the game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom