• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aly Cissokho

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is to make Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho his prime target for that position after the departure of Gael Clichy to Manchester City.
The 23 year old has been heavily linked with a move to the Premiership but is not so keen on joining Liverpool, a side without European competition for the up and coming season. With Wenger’s love for all things French, he would certainly be choosing a player with right attributes.
Our source also claims that Cissokho is the player Wenger admires more and that Arsenal will not seek to pursue current Newcastle United left-back Jose Enrique – a target of Liverpool. It is also believed that the Emirates side have made enquiries for the defender and that a fee of £9m-£11m would close to accurate to seal the 23 year old.

<a class="postlink" href="http://footybunker.com/lyon-left-back-top-priority-for-wenger-after-clichy-departure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footybunker.com/lyon-left-back-t ... -departure</a>

I don't know what the **** a "Footybunker" is

And I know there is like a 1% chance that Wenger would buy a player from Lyon

But this is like a dream scenario.

And that price seems completely unrealistic

Floating

Established Member
Cissokho is absolute quality - quick, strong, and good going forward. He would be my top choice for a left back, with Enrique being my second choice. That price is unrealistic, I believe Lyon bought him for £15m from Porto 2 seasons ago. Anything under £16m would be a bargain.

been

admired the player since I saw him play

strong in the tackle

however is not actually the most agile and athletic guy out there not overly pacey either

I knew this rumor would surface eventually, hes not going for anything less then 16-18m

by the way how could I use the pound symbol? or do I have to reside in europe?

Gunner_JT

I don't think that was ever proven, apparently the reason he didn't move to Milan was because of a disagreement over the transfer fee.

ebouenolike

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/serie-a/2009/06/17/1330743/exclusive-medical-expert-gives-views-on-aly-cissokhos-teeth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2176/ ... khos-teeth</a>

There was some discussion. Apparently the teeth showed future back problems if I remember correctly.

Who knows?

If he signs there's GOT to be a good chant in there somewhere.

cuban

Established Member
class player but would be very expensive...as was said Lyon bought him for 15M from Porto two years ago...and its Lyon, we should go for Tremoulinas

-vapour-

been said:
by the way how could I use the pound symbol? or do I have to reside in europe?

You could click start then run and type 'charmap'. This opens a windows application with every character for each font. Or you could type (via the number pad) 156 while pressing down the alt key. Other than that there is always the super easy option of just googling pound sterling, and copying and pasting the symbol from there. :p

On topic, as many have said, there is no chance we could sign him for anything less than 16mil.

Emma Lusa

ebouenolike said:
Isn't this the guy who failed a medical because of his teeth?

Yes it's true, at his first medical the teeth were allegedly seen as an indicator of a possible misaligned spine. He passed a full second medical the next day ....

City looked at him before poaching Gael, at the time a figure of 20m was mentioned, Liverpool were interested but were not willing to match the 12m Lyon paid for him.

Good player but seriously temperamental, this season alone he's been involved in several altercations with Hugo Lloris and had to be restrained after confronting an angry supporter.

He picked up two red cards last year both for 'moments of madness' a very easy target for the 'divers' and 'wind up' merchants of the Premier League.

He's potentially a good prospect he "had a dream" to play in Serie A but when he was rejected by all the top clubs his dream changed to playing in the Premier League. He admits he has no preferences about potential suitors, saying: 'Whether it is clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool or Chelsea, they are clubs you dream about.'

Strikes me as a bit of a mercenary but as long as he performs on the pitch that's fine .....

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

As if we're going to pay that much for any player, never mind a left back.

TheCMT

Established Member
cuban said:
class player but would be very expensive...as was said Lyon bought him for 15M from Porto two years ago...and its Lyon, we should go for Tremoulinas

Agree with this from what ever I have seen of Tremoulinas he is quite good and is brilliant crosser of the ball he is also very quick and agile.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
cuban said:

Don't worry mate, we'll put a cheeky bid of 10M plus a highly talented youngster in the form of Denilson. :D

Would love to see him here he's quality and would be an upgrade on Clichy IMO.

jus2nang

Emma Lusa said:
ebouenolike said:
Isn't this the guy who failed a medical because of his teeth?

Yes it's true, at his first medical the teeth were allegedly seen as an indicator of a possible misaligned spine. He passed a full second medical the next day ....

Ah there we go, thought I'd read something like that.

I think we should just go out and buy any top left back as a statement of intent, although I very much doubt that we will. We have Gibbs, Traore and Jenkinson. Wenger will probably see that as enough.

Pies

Crap link...he won't go for that.
Good player but probably too expensive for us.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
jus2nang said:
I think we should just go out and buy any top left back as a statement of intent, although I very much doubt that we will. We have Gibbs, Traore and Jenkinson. Wenger will probably see that as enough.
dont forget about Botelho as well. i know he played further forward last season, but he "could" be considered as well..

personally just dont think Traore is good enough. failed to impress at all at Juve on loan last year (was subbed at halftime on about 3 occasions when starting at LB for them)

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Cissokho isn't a bad shout. He was excellent in his first season at Lyon, where he played a ****load of games and was very consistent, dropped off a little this past season, but so did Lyon as a whole. Yes, he's tenacious and quick. Don't think he's much better going forward than Gibbs (if anything he's worse), but at least he doesn't break his spine if somebody breathes on him.

Top Bottom