• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Both of those guys were signed as starters though. What do Everton want for Onana, 50m? To sit on the bench for the majority of the time…
No. At 21 he comes into the squad. He plays 20-25 games a season. He is mentored by Partey and coached the style of play we want by Arteta so that when he's 23-24 he's had a couple of years to fully establish himself as the 6.

Also Partey will have injuries. We need someone who can step in for Partey who is somewhere between Partey and Elneny level, yet who has so much more development and improvement to make.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I know.
This was my exact point I was making to you yesterday, re Onana, but transfer fees in general. They don't mean ****.

I'm sure I didn't disagree with that point you were making yesterday. Especially given the fact I was the one who could understand Everton wanted 50-60m for him.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No. At 21 he comes into the squad. He played 20-25 games a season. He is mentored by Partey and coached the style of play we want by Arteta so that when he's 23-24 he's had a couple of years to fully establish himself as the 6.

Also Partey will have injuries. We need someone who can step in for Partey who is somewhere between Partey and Elneny level, yet who has so much more development and improvement to make.

I recognise the need immediate reinforcements in that position if ElNeny is injured, but 50m plus for this guy I just can’t get my head around. That’s a bigger overpay than what Mudryk went for imo, it just doesn’t really sit right with me.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Paul Joyce is Tier 1 for Everton, should we lock this?
@jones
Not Laughing Super Mario GIF by Mashed

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I recognise the need immediate reinforcements in that position if ElNeny is injured, but 50m plus for this guy I just can’t get my head around. That’s a bigger overpay than what Mudryk went for imo, it just doesn’t really sit right with me.
I get what you mean but you have to forget to a degree about the transfer fees in terms of immediate value for money.

Today 50m for Onana may seem expensive depending on your point of view. However if in the next 5 years, he's helped us win the title, has helped us maintain top 4 or title challenges, has helped us pick up a few trophies a long the way then that 50m is cheap. Because if we look at the way transfers are going they are only moving in 1 direction. Up.

So 50m today could be 75m in 2 or 3 years for the same type of player.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I get what you mean but you have to forget to a degree about the transfer fees in terms of immediate value for money.

Today 50m for Onana may seem expensive depending on your point of view. However if in the next 5 years, he's helped us win the title, has helped us maintain top 4 or title challenges, has helped us pick up a few trophies a long the way then that 50m is cheap. Because if we look at the way transfers are going they are only moving in 1 direction. Up.

So 50m today could be 75m in 2 or 3 years for the same type of player.

I actually kind of agree with you, but I don’t think the club think like that, or else they would have coughed up for Mudryk. They did the same last January to a certain extent with the Center forward position.

They’ll have a valuation in mind, and I’d bet anything the money Everton would want is way above that valuation, especially if they know Chelsea are sniffing around.

I think they’ll be looking for someone that can come into the job, do a similar role to ElNeny but also not affect their summer plans (Rice).

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yes, I can read thanks. Until someone has actually moved, threads arent usually locked, are they ? Seems a bit premature.
They’re locked when the link dies down, like it seems to have here.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I actually kind of agree with you, but I don’t think the club think like that, or else they would have coughed up for Mudryk. They did the same last January to a certain extent with the Center forward position.

They’ll have a valuation in mind, and I’d bet anything the money Everton would want is way above that valuation, especially if they know Chelsea are sniffing around.

I think they’ll be looking for someone that can come into the job, do a similar role to ElNeny but also not affect their summer plans (Rice).

They did cough up for Mudryk though. They went from a €55m opening bid to €100m. Nobody is convincing me that was their original valuation of Mudryk.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They did cough up for Mudryk though. They went from a €55m opening bid to €100m. Nobody is convincing me that was their original valuation of Mudryk.

Fair point. Mudryk I think though is a player they desperately wanted, I think he would have come in and got equal game time to Martinelli straight away.

I can’t imagine they hold Onana in that high a regard.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Fair point. Mudryk I think though is a player they desperately wanted, I think he would have come in and got equal game time to Martinelli straight away.

I can’t imagine they hold Onana in that high a regard.

Yeah I think if they have a list of midfielders and one of the top 3 is available to buy now I could see them paying more than what they would ideally want to pay. Let's say for example it's 1.Rice, 2.Caicedo, 3.Zubimendi. I could see them overpaying if they could get one of those in now.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom