• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I recognise the need immediate reinforcements in that position if ElNeny is injured, but 50m plus for this guy I just can’t get my head around. That’s a bigger overpay than what Mudryk went for imo, it just doesn’t really sit right with me.
There has been some rumours that buying a midfielder won't affect going in summer for Rice.

January transfers will always cost more. Caicedo will cost 75-100 million pounds (with 2,5 years in contract), and he is a couple months younger than Onana. Caicedo has 2300 EPL minutes, Onana has 1400 EPL minutes.

Why do you think 50 million is so much for Onana, if Everton paid 33 million pounds for him half a year ago? And he has instantly shown he is EPL level even at that young age.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
People forget in summer we'll have only 2 midfielders the area there is need 2-3 signings depend on Lokonga but we likely selling him so adding Rice and Onana won't hurt us.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

Chelsea made bid got rejected. Player focusing on Everton but the journalist don't rule out a move

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sounds more like the player rejected Chelsea's proposal rather than Everton rejecting a bid.
That interesting i wonder if he will just wait until summer because he moved to everton because of lampard now he sacked things might change

Tom349

Both of those guys were signed as starters though. What do Everton want for Onana, 50m? To sit on the bench for the majority of the time…

More of a reflection of how far we have come in the last 18 months. Going forward we will either be making 50m back up signings like Man City or doing nothing like Liverpool. To a degree we could go the cheap route by signing free agents like Tielemans but even that type of signing comes with the downside of having to pay significantly more in wages which can throw the wage structure out.

People forget in summer we'll have only 2 midfielders the area there is need 2-3 signings depend on Lokonga but we likely selling him so adding Rice and Onana won't hurt us.

We will definitely be signing two midfielders. Can't afford to have Partey and Xhaka playing 50 games a season. I also don't think Mikel would want a young player like Patino getting the odd start but mostly cameo performances off the bench when he could be playing week in week out on loan and properly developing like Saliba did.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Watched his game against West Ham on the weekend and he is more than good enough on the ball to be able to replicate what Partey does for us. Hell I would go as far as saying Im not sure their is a better option out there when you factor in experience, cost and potential availability.

West Ham tried pressing him and couldn't get near him. Was no different to watching Partey, rarely did he vacate the middle of the pitch to recieve in a more comfortable and less dangerous position. Every time he did recieve the ball he scanned the area before taking control and knew exactly where the pressure was coming from. In the few times he wasn't perfect with his touch, he was able to use his bigger frame to shield the ball off the opposition, which resulted in two yellow card tackles on him.

Passing wise everything was effortless. A couple of balls through the lines that took out the opposition midfield line but for the most part it was simply ticking the ball over and getting the ball moving. Unfortunately a lot of the time those passes were Idrissa Gueye and resulted in nothing, once Davies come on Everton managed to get in more dangerous positions so I would imagine alongside Ødegaard it would yield even better results. Most impressive part was how simple his game was. No wasted touches, 1-2 touches at most then progressing the ball, if he did take more touches it was because he was avoiding pressure which he did successfully.

Need to see more in regards to what improvements he needs to make defensively and he should have done a better job of tracking Bowen for their second goal although it took a lucky deflection and there was some horrible defending in the build up. But he certainly has the build for this to be an area of his game that is a considerable strength.
It's testament to how he and Iwobi have performed that they still have currency at the moment. Expect Iwobi to get a big move aswell.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Was a question for everyone tbf.

I'm all for the spirit of inclusiveness but I have to agree with @jones here. We really should've drawn the line for prospective members somewhere at the border of sanity & perpetually angry, semi-nude, maritime water fowl :lol:

Reactions: A_G

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

better than caicedo and rice

I always liked you for our, now thankfully dead & buried, animosity for Tets & your forthright opinions.

Your username means both "Official" & "Formal" depending on context, in Arabic.

I'm starting to think the moment Mudryk became an impossiblity for us, you've become مجنون رسمي :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I always liked you for our, now thankfully dead & buried, animosity for Tets & your forthright opinions.

Your username means both "Official" & "Formal" depending on context, in Arabic.

I'm starting to think the moment Mudryk became an impossiblity for us, you've become مجنون رسمي :lol:
I be lying to you if I said I been myself since Edu fvcked up. That transfer changed me. Ok he is not better than Rice. But not much between him and Caicedo. Neither have proven much tbh. I would take Onana now. Not in the summer

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Why would Everton sell in the middle of a relegation battle with merely a few days to replace him?
They could be hedging they can stay up with a new manager and replacement but if they go down the cost is simply too much. Everton are goosed financially with over 300m losses, a new stadium and i imagine players will have some form of relegation release clause. Prepare for the worst hope for the best, top buck now work out the rest later.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I prefer the Caicedo, Bamba and Onana links for a 6 rather than Zubimendi due to the physicality they bring.

Last season Partey was the pivot and responsible for ball progression. I dont feel he has the same responsibility this season. I think he keeps it ticking and our actual playmaker is Zinchenko.

We are in most danger when we are high up the pitch and someone loses the ball. We need physicality in the air and ball recovery with the ability to retain with strength and keep the ball for us.

Onana is a sure thing in that role. I genuinely don't think he would have an issue.

Gn1212

I prefer the Caicedo, Bamba and Onana links for a 6 rather than Zubimendi due to the physicality they bring.

Last season Partey was the pivot and responsible for ball progression. I dont feel he has the same responsibility this season. I think he keeps it ticking and our actual playmaker is Zinchenko.

We are in most danger when we are high up the pitch and someone loses the ball. We need physicality in the air and ball recovery with the ability to retain with strength and keep the ball for us.

Onana is a sure thing in that role. I genuinely don't think he would have an issue.
I know he's small but Zubimendi's pretty physical. Pretty positive he's a monster in aerial duels.

Top Bottom