• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

HagnSprayGooners

Transfer Pilled 💊

What were you watching? He was ok but not amazing, better as a 6 and we can get an 8 better tgan Rice at 8. Btw im a Deccy fan.

I watched Rice at 6 unable to progress play quick enough.

I watched Rice at 8 score 7 and assist 9 in his first season with us.

What like I said previously having Onana in the squad doesn’t hinder anything, we need his profile in the squad. Doesn’t mean he starts every game. He’s an animal.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
I have thought that the prior links were BS because of the lack of ball progression between Onana and Rice. But thinking more, is it really worse than Partey Rice? Defensively and in the duals it's definitely allot better and it's not close. Partey is obviously better at passing between the lines. But even in ball progression, Onana will carry the ball box to box and get up and down the pitch more so. You can pretty much play a lone 10 behind the striker because of the defensive structure behind, so maybe Ødegaard or Vieira could have more licence to attack.

Also if we go for Onana, I think it's a very opportunistic signing. Everton need to balance the books this month so they'll sell below market value. When you look at how much Caicedo, Enzo, Rice, Lavia went for. Then bare in mind Guimares and Neves are valued at 100m+. And think we'll get this 22yo player who's at least on par or better than some of them between 40-50m. Well it's good value in squad building

Arteta’s thinking will be we are physically ****ed if we lose Rice. Jorginho and Partey can’t run. I think this one is a goer.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Also because of majority of Arsenal fans including me not totally convinced about this signing mean he'll turn out excellent signing.

Would still like some more offensive minded midfielder to be signed with Onana come on Mikel don't be boring bastard

This is a bread and butter Arteta signing. He’ll be a 7/10 if he comes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
This is a bread and butter Arteta signing. He’ll be a 7/10 if he comes.
Yes because he fit with our system a midfielder that can win 50/50 good passer and good workrate if he signed hopefully we can improve his first touch it's always heavy when I watch him play

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
From his fbref page even tho doesn't show full picture of the player it shows Onana excellent defensively and his areal battle he always comes on top. His passing and ball carries are average maybe its because he play for Everton who spend majority of games defending.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
As I’ve said Onana seems like a really interesting profile. If I knew in this exact moment we would also sign a more attacking minded CM too then I’d be all over this.

If he’s our only signing in midfield then it’s disappointing and concerning for chance creation next season. With inverted fullbacks and Onana x Rice we’re only looking at Ødegaard to unlock defences.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
As I’ve said Onana seems like a really interesting profile. If I knew in this exact moment we would also sign a more attacking minded CM too then I’d be all over this.

If he’s our only signing in midfield then it’s disappointing and concerning for chance creation next season. With inverted fullbacks and Onana x Rice we’re only looking at Ødegaard to unlock defences.

Just Onana is not going to be enough for a 50 game season. We’ll be weakened in both the league and CL if we don’t reopen our left side and also rely on Jorgi, TP, Ødegaard to be our CM options. That’s too fragile fitness wise and too predictable tactically. Arteta knows this.

The in-house alternatives are Vieira/Smith Rowe, but I don’t see that either.

We’ll need a creative CM this window, if we are serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, July 24

Inter have reached an agreement with Jakub Kiwior [Gazzetta Dello Sport]

Real Sociedad midfielder Mikel Merino is keen on joining Arsenal this summer [diariovasco]

Leicester City have opened talks to sign Reiss Nelson on loan with an obligation to buy [Fabrizio Romano]

Total agreement reached for Calafiori, only the medical remains [David Ornstein]

Arsenal have made an enquiry for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa [SportItalia]

Latest posts

Top Bottom