• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I hoped that people wanting Onana watched his Belgium game today and saw that he is a taller lokonga....

Has there still been a credible link tbf.
Didn't watch
u can't judge people off 1 game.

If he is similar to Sambi on the ball ngl I would be pretty happy.

If he is not considerably better off it no point in signing him.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Lokonga is muuuuuuuuch better on the ball than this guy, he is like a golem built only to run and destroy, nothing else

Watched him today and he’s better than everyone says on the ball. Bit of a unique midfielder given his height.

But ultimately we would need someone progressive as well.

Mudi

Watched him today and he’s better than everyone says on the ball. Bit of a unique midfielder given his height.

But ultimately we would need someone progressive as well.
What game did you watch????

Transition was zero, De Bryne could net get the ball high on the pitch and had to drop constantly to bring the ball up. Only sideways passing and nothing special.

I really don't want this guy ...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lokonga is muuuuuuuuch better on the ball than this guy, he is like a golem built only to run and destroy, nothing else
Absolutely lokonga is different level on the ball. He tried to hit a switch cross and even I could hit better. But Lokonga is not 6’5

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Transition was zero, De Bryne could net get the ball high on the pitch and had to drop constantly to bring the ball up. Only sideways passing and nothing special.

“On the ball”

You haven’t disagreed with me as I also said we would need someone more progressive. There’s a place for him in our squad.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Drop constantly? No I did not see that at all.

Onana and Mangala were in a double pivot with De Bruyne ahead moving laterally most of the game. If anything Onana was overly ambitious with his passing into the block, giving the forwards balls into extremely tight areas.

But we saw more of a six or screener on show yesterday. Someone who can recover and protect the ball, and who needs a progressive passer next to him, for maximum effect.

Mudi

Drop constantly? No I did not see that at all.

Onana and Mangala were in a double pivot with De Bruyne ahead moving laterally most of the game. If anything Onana was overly ambitious with his passing into the block, giving the forwards balls into extremely tight areas.

But we saw more of a six or screener on show yesterday. Someone who can recover and protect the ball, and who needs a progressive passer next to him, for maximum effect.

Breaking games against Slovakia...

We are not Everton that our midfield needs to break the game most of the time. Instead we will have possession of 60%+ most of the time and therefore our midfielders needs to break the lines and be progressive. Rice is already doing what Onana does and even much more.

There is a reason why Lukaku was efficient for Everton but failed miserable at Chelsea and Manchester.

We need a type of player like Vieira, Diaby, Toure and Onana is not that type of player.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Pray Rice doesn't get injured then. Our only hope for any similar presence would be Myles Lewis-Skelly lol.
This will be a long agonizing summer but we will have somebody new in midfield. I don't think it will be this guy. Unfortunately, Edu's scouting department is now Grok from Twitter so we aren't unearthing any special young talents any time soon.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pray Rice doesn't get injured then. Our only hope for any similar presence would be Myles Lewis-Skelly lol.

Yeah exactly, AM seems to think it will be business as usual if Rice goes down for an extended time.

That's why I think this signing is important for us.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
GQWP5kaWEAAiO0c

Legend14

Established Member
Thought he played well. Not sure about the criticism. He showed he is a capable passer which surprised me.

What could he turn out to be in the Arsenal environment/system is the real question. He is not a finished product.

Won’t be disappointed with him on our side, especially at the price. Some of the other rumored targets should give us more pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, July 16

Arsenal have rejected a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe from Fulham, who are now considering a second bid [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Marseille are keen to sign Eddie Nketiah as they look to replace the outgoing Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang [Simon Jones - MailSport]

Latest posts

Top Bottom