• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amadou Onana

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Hickey thread, page 19, time of death 1:07pm
Is this your A-M claim to fame? :lol:

I have never watched Hickey play. People said he’s a LB who can also play RB at a high level. That’s the exact type of player we need, a Cancelo.

Now you’re saying I’m backing another player I admit I’ve never seen play when I’m just saying they could potentially be a top player.

Stop being dumb on purpose!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There is simply no comparison between Kanté and the profile of players like this and Bissouma.

I'll say it again, players this uninvolved in possession is a huge red flag, like with Willock when I made the argument that he just doesn't have the potential to play as a midfielder at Arsenal, they are hidden for a reason, and it's really a profile that just isn't suitable at all for the top level.

Onana attempted 42 passes per game (42nd percentile), with 53.53 touches per game (29th percentile), and 2.95 progressive passes (23rd percentile).

In Kanté's season most uninvolved in possession, he attempted 59.3 passes (69th percentile), with 70.99 touches per game (70th percentile), and 3.75 progressive passes (36th). *

*unfortunately data pre 17-18, from when he was at Caen as a younger player here isn't available

Fabinho at 23 in in Ligue 1 for Monaco:

58.12 passes attempted (79th percentile), 67.88 touches (75th), and 5.32 progressive passes (79th percentile).

Unfortunately I can't think of a player in the destroyer's role who was at the age of Onana post 2017-18, I guess you could compare to Tchouameni's age 19 season, for example:

54.54 (70th), 5.44 (82nd), 64.34 (59th)

I just don't think there's such scope for players so limited and uninvolved in possession to develop into much. It's less provable in Onana's case where, despite his even weaker profile in involvement than Bissouma's, there's at least the confounding variables of team set-up, age, and rawness, but yeah, to see a player that uninvolved and absent in possession is really a massive red flag, and you can pretty much safely discard them just with a look at their stats. None of the few destroyers successful at the top level have an even somewhat similar profile.

In short, players like Bissouma and Onana lack basic midfield skills that are essential if you want to play in the midfield at a high level team: a) personality to get on the ball and not be a hidden man in possession, often leaving you like playing with a man less in possession AND/OR b) quality on the ball, so that their managers are forced to hide them to an extreme extent. a) and b) often go together of course.
I never mentioned Kante?

I don’t disagree with any of what you say though, but players do develop. Maybe Arsenal think he will.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I never mentioned Kante?

I don’t disagree with any of what you say though, but players do develop. Maybe Arsenal think he will.
Isn't Lille playing direct counter attack football? Because that makes.any player touch the ball much more less of any based possession team. Those stats sometimes need much more deeper interpretation.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Onana could be expensive to get from the YT vid I watched. Great physique and ability. Can read the game early when the team losing possession and move accordingly. When driving forward, he's surprisingly fast. Frankly he seems PL ready.

I feel Arsenal fans on average, show the least amount of support to their players, out of all other fanbases.

That thread were Kos and Santi were getting called crap shows how we don't deserve good things, certainly after how we treated Arsène too.

Awful, awful bunch we are.
I said this too. AM is the biggest Arsenal forum. How are we even sure a player doesn't check it out once in a while? I know I would!
Just look at those comments from Blue Moon about Jesus exit, and you'll see the massive difference between our fans.

While someone could argue they are less likely to **** on their players because they are on a successful spell, I recall some people here ****ting on some invincible!

Football is like any workplace. Imagine being hated for a few mistakes you've made there in the course of a five year career period!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I feel Arsenal fans on average, show the least amount of support to their players, out of all other fanbases.

That thread were Kos and Santi were getting called crap shows how we don't deserve good things, certainly after how we treated Arsène too.

Awful, awful bunch we are.

Agreed and you're right with Kos and Santi and agenda against them by some.

You only have to look at the first 5 pages of Holding thread with comments

"That piece of s**te Balding"

"I'd smash your and Balding's face in on the same night you fraud. Guarantee Holding can not defend himself or you."

"Biggest piece of **** of the Emirates era.

Hope he ****s off in January.

Ship kunt"

These quotes were from one poster around the time of Holding was in very good form and others in the thread were praising him.

You also only have to look at the most recent Ramsdale and Ødegaard threads to see abuse of two of our best peforming players this season.

Legend14

Established Member
Only saw a little of the player, but it is very rare to be that tall and have such tight technique on the ball. Impressive.

Given he is young this may be a low risk high reward type of investment if he does not cost much.

ash_rasul

Only saw a little of the player, but it is very rare to be that tall and have such tight technique on the ball. Impressive.

Given he is young this may be a low risk high reward type of investment if he does not cost much.
Looks like Lille turned down an offer of around EUR 23m, so I assume he will not exactly be "cheap". But could be worth double that easily in a year or so tbf if he continues to develop.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Agreed and you're right with Kos and Santi and agenda against them by some.

You only have to look at the first 5 pages of Holding thread with comments

"That piece of s**te Balding"

"I'd smash your and Balding's face in on the same night you fraud. Guarantee Holding can not defend himself or you."

"Biggest piece of **** of the Emirates era.

Hope he ****s off in January.

Ship kunt"

These quotes were from one poster around the time of Holding was in very good form and others in the thread were praising him.

You also only have to look at the most recent Ramsdale and Ødegaard threads to see abuse of two of our best peforming players this season.
I agree with your sentiment, but a quick search reveals many examples of you doing this exact thing.
“It’s over 5 years too late, but it looks like we are finally free of the terrible inflicted curse that is Hector Bellerin.”
Sound familiar? Again, I agree with you. But practice what you preach, because for several years almost every post I see by you has been hate directed at Bellerin.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I agree with your sentiment, but a quick search reveals many examples of you doing this exact thing.
“It’s over 5 years too late, but it looks like we are finally free of the terrible inflicted curse that is Hector Bellerin.”
Sound familiar? Again, I agree with you. But practice what you preach, because for several years almost every post I see by you has been hate directed at Bellerin.
I do it against Xhaka, but toy defense I would say it to his face, so in the improbable case he reads this... Xhaka you are awful my friend.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I do it against Xhaka, but toy defense I would say it to his face, so in the improbable case he reads this... Xhaka you are awful my friend.
Well you’re certainly following the old adage: if you don’t have anything nice to say…make sure you claim on an internet forum that you’d say it to the person’s face.:lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Would like onana mikel will develop him into monster DM he got great ability we were interested in summer

Latest posts+

Top Bottom