• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amauri

Arsenal_FAN1983

I was thinking maybe we are in for this guy as a smoke screen for some other talented player, i mean this guy has yet to be considered able enough to play for Brazil.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
But he don't score goals? Isn't that like buying an umbrella that leaks? A boats that sinks?

A dog that don't bark? ..a .... you get the picture.

Funny story. Agents amplifying the deal.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
One of the reasons he hasnt scored as many goals is injury troubles, but at his time in Palermo he has 49 apps and 21 goals.
Also he is going to be able to get an Italian passport soon, and Donadoni has said he might be interested to call him up.

Clarkey

People were double guessing that Wenger would go for experienced players off the radar (over here anyways, what with all that has been said about Amauri's rep in Italy) so along those lines this would fit the bill, on a par with Eduardo and Sagna.

entropy13

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
Webdesignlab said:
USgoonergirl said:
One of the reasons he hasnt scored as many goals is injury troubles,

Groan.
lol let me correct myself, it was more or less one injury, that was long term and forced him to miss 7 months.

Long term indeed. Missed most of last season and most of this season.

Glovegun

Established Member
I wouldnt be too dissapointed if he signs, in fact he sounds very good, but if we go for another striker we should try and bring someone in who is better than what we already have.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I enjoy watching Amauri, hes like drogba, can do something spectacular with the ball when noone expects it.
Hes a unique player and has his own style and for that I just enjoy watching him...Not a lot of centre forwards like him around these days, I think he should go either AC Milan or Roma

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
£19 million? Your joking game, add £5 million to that and then you can start speaking to Lyon

In my book, I think hes worth that as the sum is still big but due to the prices and inflation of today......

.......no chance!

ibby

Established Member
thegame24 said:
if you are gonna spend this kund of money, better to go for benzema

Time after the time people have said to you he is going for more than 20million and you still don't listen. Especially if he has a good Euro's then his price could escalade to 30million plus.

thegame24

Established Member
listen to you lot? like your experts right

history shows he wont go for 30 mill, even barca are bidding 20 mill

last time a youngster went for 30 it was an overrated english player.

another point even he unlikely goes for 30 it is still worth it compared to giving 20 for a 27 year old who doesnt score.

one more thing anelka was far bigger than benzema and went for 23

ibby

Established Member
thegame24 said:
listen to you lot? like your experts right

history shows he wont go for 30 mill, even barca are bidding 20 mill

last time a youngster went for 30 it was an overrated english player.

another point even he unlikely goes for 30 it is still worth it compared to giving 20 for a 27 year old who doesnt score.

one more thing anelka was far bigger than benzema and went for 23

When/if you get Benzema what you are getting is a player that is easily going to be the best striker in the world for the next 10 years barring any major injuries, and considering the fact that Barcelona, Real, Milan, United, Chelsea and a few other big teams are going to be in search of a striker in the summer there is going to be a massive bidding war if he ever becomes available.

Plus the fact that he is at Lyon and there is a summer tournament which I touched on earlier doesn't help lower the price tag either. He is also the best thing to come out of France since Zidane.

God knows why you are bringing Anelka into this, clubs are a fair bit richer nowadays.

entropy13

Established Member
ibby said:
Good for you. What has that got to do with anything I've said?

Henry was more known at that time than Benzema is today. Can Benzema say "I've scored crucial goals at international level?"

At everything else, they're more or less on the same level. Henry won Ligue 1 then (1997), just like Karim won it last season.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i like him as a player, but i dont think we need him... i would rather we strengthen at wide midfield, CB/LB and Keeper....

Latest posts

Top Bottom