• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amauri

ibby

Established Member
entropy13 said:
ibby said:
Good for you. What has that got to do with anything I've said?

Henry was more known at that time than Benzema is today. Can Benzema say "I've scored crucial goals at international level?"

What has crucial goals got to do with being more known? At the time when Henry left Monaco he wasn't as known as Benzema is now, maybe because Benzema is worth much more than Henry was back then or maybe it is because every big club and their dog wants Benzema.

Stupid argument.

nazo

Established Member
If we're going to go for a striker, we might as well go for the cheaper (at least i think he will be) Villa.

KY

Established Member
Henry already had a world cup medal before leaving monaco whilst benzema only has a handful of caps an a bunch of league title medals from a one-team-league... I'd say henry was rated way higher then than benzema is now.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
bluenaz said:
If we're going to go for a striker, we might as well go for the cheaper (at least i think he will be) Villa.
the only way I see Villa being cheaper is if Valencia get relegated. I think he will go for about as much as Torres did last summer. Amauri I could see going for less than 19M depending on how many people are actually making bids for him. Right now apparently Juve, Liverpool, Real Madrid and us are all interested but when it was just Juve the price was said to be 15M.

siddharth

Villa's price will remain unaffected even in the unlikely case of valencia getting relegated. Villa is a top quality striker and most of the top clubs will be in for him. He has made noises about england but don't rule out barca and madrid.

There is talk of Milan signing Van Nistlerooy and Henry being put up for sale so that opens the possibility for both the spanish giants.

ibby

Established Member
tactica442 said:
"At the time when Henry left Monaco he wasn't as known as Benzema is now"

That pretty much sums up your footy knowledge. ibby, check Henry's stat in his Monaco time, will you?

http://www.soccerbase.com/cup2.sd?competitionid=66

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thierry_Henry

Will stop breaking my ****ing balls! I already hinted that I didn't want to carry this debate any further because frankly, who cares? Yet you have the audacity to say I take part in useless arguments.

Who are you are question my football knowledge?

And what stat are you talking about? The stat that he scored 20 goals in 110 games?

And since when did stats make you more famous. But hey, a Favoured member said it so it must be true, you win. Henry was more famous when he was 20 than Benzema is now, even though Benzema's price tag is 4 times what Henry's was at the time.

Now just **** off.

entropy13

Established Member
ibby said:
tactica442 said:

That pretty much sums up your footy knowledge. ibby, check Henry's stat in his Monaco time, will you?

Will stop breaking my f****g balls! I already hinted that I didn't want to carry this debate any further because frankly, who cares? Yet you have the audacity to say I take part in useless arguments.

And what stat are you talking about? The stat that he scored 20 goals in 110 games?

And since when did stats make you more famous. But hey, a Favoured member said it so it must be true, you win. Henry was more famous when he was 20 than Benzema is now, even though Benzema's price tag is 4 times what Henry's was at the time.

Now just f**k off.

Firstly, AS Monaco during the 96/97 season won the French league, and also reached the UEFA Cup semi's during that same season. You'd say "it's only the UEFA Cup semis!" but don't forget that it's only during the 97/98 season that playing in the Champions League was not limited to those who won their respective leagues (and the 2nd placer, in the big leagues).

Secondly, £10.5 million (from Monaco to Juventus) during 1999 is regarded an "expensive transfer" already, considering the situation then, so even if Benzema was to be transfered for less than £30 million, you'd still see their transfers fairly equal in terms of essential value.

Thirdly, don't forget that Henry was never a striker pre-Arsenal. He's a WINGER, in its conventional sense, so 20 goals with Monaco is not that bad a record, considering that it was the late 90s. So unless you can say that Benzema was primarily a winger, which he isn't since he's played usually as a forward, their goalscoring comparisons won't do you much good.

And a winger, Henry, being top scorer for France during the World Cup, and not any of their forwards like Dugarry or Trezeguet, and not even Zidane, an attacking midfielder, would certainly add to the "claim to fame" for Henry.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
siddharth said:
I think some Arsenal fans are going to need counseling help at the end of this transfer window. :|

I am still depressed that we didn't get Torres :cry:

IBL

Established Member
Good to see you YeahBee, havent seen you in yonks. Torres would have been a great guy

thegame24

Established Member
shut up ibby you ****.

you said hes the biggest thing since zidane, we proved you wrong because henry has been the best french player since zidane.

And yes henry was well known at the same age. reaching cl semis and scoring world cup goals.

so like you said

**** OFF

ibby

Established Member
entropy13 said:
ibby said:
tactica442 said:

Will stop breaking my f****g balls! I already hinted that I didn't want to carry this debate any further because frankly, who cares? Yet you have the audacity to say I take part in useless arguments.

Now just f**k off.

Firstly, AS Monaco during the 96/97 season won the French league, and also reached the UEFA Cup semi's during that same season. You'd say "it's only the UEFA Cup semis!" but don't forget that it's only during the 97/98 season that playing in the Champions League was not limited to those who won their respective leagues (and the 2nd placer, in the big leagues).

Secondly, £10.5 million (from Monaco to Juventus) during 1999 is regarded an "expensive transfer" already, considering the situation then, so even if Benzema was to be transfered for less than £30 million, you'd still see their transfers fairly equal in terms of essential value.

Thirdly, don't forget that Henry was never a striker pre-Arsenal. He's a WINGER, in its conventional sense, so 20 goals with Monaco is not that bad a record, considering that it was the late 90s. So unless you can say that Benzema was primarily a winger, which he isn't since he's played usually as a forward, their goalscoring comparisons won't do you much good.

And a winger, Henry, being top scorer for France during the World Cup, and not any of their forwards like Dugarry or Trezeguet, and not even Zidane, an attacking midfielder, would certainly add to the "claim to fame" for Henry.

Oh for **** sake!

Benzema at 20 is considered the best striker in his age group, he is hailed as the next big thing in France, and more or less everyone knows him, not just in France but across Europe. You would need an abacus to count the clubs that would love to have him in their roster.

Henry at 20 was not considered one of the best wingers in his age group nor was he hailed as the next big thing and he wasn't known across Europe as much as Benzema is now. When he came to England the majority didn't know who he was.

I can't believe I am having this conversation.

you said hes the biggest thing since zidane, we proved you wrong because henry has been the best french player since zidane.

I didn't say Benzema is the best French player since Zidane, I said he is the best player to come out of France since Zidane. Do you know the difference? Henry's performances for Monaco weren't as good as Benzema's are for Lyon. Are you that fickle you can't understand?

People get so picky, this wasn't even my main point.

Juicy

I actually probably agree with Ibby. For some reason, Ibby gets taken out of context a ridiculous amount.

thegame24

Established Member
I didn't say Benzema is the best French player since Zidane, I said he is the best player to come out of France since Zidane.

where did henry come out of? a ****ing jungle?

stuart

Established Member
Can someone show me the way to the "Amauri" thread please?

Seriously, calm down you nancies!

Top Bottom