• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Amazing day pt.2: My first Arsenal match

bobbypires

Established Member
24/02/2004

6:00pm (local time). I went to the hotel to see the players again. They went out at 7pm and Pires and Henry were the only ones who signed autographs (again).

There were a lot of Celta fans and children who didn't know who are the players. They scream Bergkamp, Bergkamp! when Bentley went out; Ljungberg! when it was Cygan; and most of people were Spanish and they didn't recognise Cesc and Lauren! Oh, please, if you don't know who are they, don't go and let Arsenal fans stay with their players.

Then I went to Balaidos. It was 7:15pm and I entered the stadium. I don't know how many time after, Lehmann and Stack started to warm up. They were in front of me. 5 minutes later, Celta's keepers appeared and told them to go to the other side. After 10 minutes the other players joined the two keepers. I couldn't see very well, because people were arriving and the players were in the opposite wing.

The match started. I was very excited. 10 Arsenal fans were on the same area of the ground. Opposite us, Arsenal fans who came from England. They were singing all the match. Incredible. Here in Spain you'll never see this. They only sing when they score and stop after a minute.

Edu scored the first. I hardly saw this goal, but when I saw the ball inside I jumped. When Celta scored a few minutes later and all the people around me celebrated the goal, I wanted to shut them up. Oh, I've always hated Celta de Vigo and they make a goal against my Arsenal.

Half time and the second half started bad for Arsenal. Mostovoi hitted the bar and Celta were controlling the game. But Edu's stunning goal made me jump again. Wow, what a goal. And the players went to the opposite wing to celebrate.

And again Celta drawed. Oh, you don't know how much I hated this team in that moment.

But the best came at 80th minute. I will always remember that Pires' goal. The combination between Bobby and Titi were amazing. And Pires finishing with his left foot. Great. And what about the celebration holding their hands?

They were together again. In fact, they were talking after every goal and during Caballero's injury. Together, together. Titi and Bobby were always together: same room, playing cards, in the bus.

2-3. A dream come true. Two days that I will never forget.

Mon Feb 23: I meet Robert Pires.
Tue Feb 24: My first Arsenal match live and Pires scores the winning goal.

Adam

Established Member
Nice write up again BP. If we draw another Spanish team - if we get through, say Depor or Madrid - will you go to the Riazor or the Bernabeu?

Then you can have a go at experiencing that all over again...

bobbypires

Established Member
Yes, but I'd prefer Porto. :D It's near Pontevedra. I thinkthere are the same kilometres between Pontevedra-Porto and Pontevedra-Coruña.

solthegunner

Good write up, expressed how many arsenal fans felt in those important moments. And to meet bobby the day before he scores the winner!! :D

A

Anonymous

Nice one bobby pires, glad you enjoyed the game.

What did you think of the Arsenal fans? I thought we were excellent, sung all game. My voice is just coming back now.

NooNe

bobbypires said:
Yes, but I'd prefer Porto. :D It's near Pontevedra. I thinkthere are the same kilometres between Pontevedra-Porto and Pontevedra-Coruña.

yup, they should be easier since they could beat manure by only 1 goal :wink:

bobbypires

Established Member
Sol said:
Nice one bobby pires, glad you enjoyed the game.

What did you think of the Arsenal fans? I thought we were excellent, sung all game. My voice is just coming back now.
Arsenal fans are the best on earth. Excellent.

Mad Jens said:
Lets see those pictures!
Soon. Be patient.

sanyasi said:
can you scan those autographs and show it to us?
yes, i will scan it this afternoon.

beaney

yeah brilliant moments for you. cherish them!

well we have a roving reporter in spain now. maybe you can keep an eye on any hot prospects there too and keep us updated on any rumours etc....

bobbypires

Established Member
Gunner4life09 said:
nice one, i'm real happy for u! trust me you'll remember that moment for probably the rest of your life.
yeh, I will never forget these two days. Probably I will write on a T-shirt
23.2.2004: The day I met Robert Pires :D

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I enjoyed reading about your very nice two days.
You will always remenber those 2 days and you will be telling it to your grandchildren in the years to come

anyone here in the Beer Station by the sea front/port before the game on tues or even monday- quality turnout.

spanish cozzers were at it again herding us in through one turnstile causing several crushes and the gate erected besides the carlton bus to go down- didnt make it in until 10 mins after kick off. thought the atmosphere was ok but not great- usually the case for some reason whenever we're put in two tiers inspite of everyone standing.

bobbypires

Established Member
sanyasi said:
can you scan those autographs and show it to us?

id love to see pires' signature.

Here's my treasure:

footballeur_signature.jpg

Top Bottom