• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Analysis of which striker to bring in now

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
ruud said:
can i make a suggestion?
Mikael Forsell?

Now you got it right, ruud ! Well said.

I have watched every game when Forssell was on loan at Borussia Moenchengladbach in spring/summer 2003.

Forssell would be the perfect striker-partner for Henry. His style would match perfectly - he is good in the box-area, can hold up the ball, dribble really well and he is technically quite versatile.

Give Forssell a real shot at a good club and he will be a top-class striker.

He should be affordable, too.

Damn, Arsène - why don´t you think about this option.

Wenger is a limited coach and about all is stubburn bastard.

Great Gunman

I don't know where AW is looking :?: Angel is not good enough for us and for £20 mill, Villa must be we are chelsea not the best team in London.

Forsell we buy an excellent addition or he could go for Defoe, Daniel Prso and Diego Tristán. the latter would probably be expensive though.

reggiepaul

oshawa_generals said:
Wenger is a limited coach and about all is stubburn bastard.

Oshawa if there was a managerial position being offered at Arsenal would you apply?

Now, say we were in "once upon a time" land and you got the job, who would YOU play at the club and who would you transfer and bring in, with the funds we have available and feasible wages.

Please (since jc8gooner isn't around) - just for the sake of making me laugh, tell me.

Valleyman

titi said:
The simple solution is to bring Jeffers back. He is not playing at everton so bringing him back and playing a few games until everyone is fit would not be too much of a problem. I'm mainly talking about the carling cup games where henry won't play and the other 3 strikers are injured.
I may be mistaken, but I think I read somehere here that there was a clause in his contract which states that he is unable to be recalled back to Highbury if needed.

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
What does that tell you Sol?

That he isnt good enough for us. Birmingham is his level. But dont get me wrong, i think he is a fine player who is very under rated, i just think there are better players available.

I think we can survive through this season without signing a striker, but i think it is becoming obvious that we need to sign one in the summer. I would love it if we signed Kliuvert, i think he would be perfect for us.
Henry, Kluivert, Ali and possibly Jeffers or Kanu or maybe another buy and we will be set, with Bentley also around, although im not to sure about him.

Another name to throw into the hat for the future is a 15 year old Irish stiker who is already playin under-19 football - Anthony Stokes. Remember the name. I have heard nothing but positive reports about this guy from people who watch youth football, and recently read in the gooner that the mancs were prepared to pay big money for him, but Brady persuaded him to come here.

Sammer

Established Member
I agree that there are better players available - e.g. Trezeguet - but a striker above Forssell level would be unaffordable.

Forssell just seems to be a very skilled and dedicated player to me that would match perfectly with Henry. Unluckily, he really didn´t have the chance to prove himself in a top team (at Chelski, the big $$$-buys got rid of that chance).

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom