• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anatoliy Tymoshchuk

ramon12

thats good afc whoever you are(sorry if im rude) maybe you can provide us more info on some different players

F_Henry

He wasn't really noticeable in the Ukranian matches, imo. I'd prefer Yaya than him. Yaya, I've seen play and he's very stable but i don't see why we need a DM so badly. We have Gilberto, Flamini and Diaby when he returns from injury. So a DM isn't as much of a priority as a CB, imo.

Legend#1

Established Member
F_Henry said:
He wasn't really noticeable in the Ukranian matches, imo. I'd prefer Yaya than him. Yaya, I've seen play and he's very stable but i don't see why we need a DM so badly. We have Gilberto, Flamini and Diaby when he returns from injury. So a DM isn't as much of a priority as a CB, imo.

Diaby isn't a DM.

Gilberto was largely disappointing most of last season, and Flamini impressed more at left back than he ever did at CM.

kamikaze80

Established Member
he didnt really stick out for me when i watched ukraine. its probably just another of those rumours; everyone knows we're buying for the move to emirates, so we'll be linked to everyone.

kel varnsen

Established Member
mediocre player and far from good enough for arsenal. gilberto is ten times the player tymoschuk ever will be...

jucsitin

Anyone had his impression of owen hargreaves changed like me after last nights match? That guy was a monster for england yesterday, box to box play at its peak... too bad all the other penalty takers didn't hold up.

junialum

I don't think this guy would be a good signing. He looks of like a squad player. A second or third choice at Arsenal.

Article Link said:
Italian reports claim Tottenham are very keen - despite the fact they have just landed Didier Zokora
Just how many midfielders does Spuds want?

Anyway, I agree with jucsitin, Owen Hargreaves was a wow last night.

F_Henry

Legend#1 said:
F_Henry said:

Diaby isn't a DM.

Gilberto was largely disappointing most of last season, and Flamini impressed more at left back than he ever did at CM.

Diaby is a Defensive Midfielder, he just goes up at times, because he gets opportunities to score and doesn't shy away from charging forward.

Gilberto had a solid season, especially after the Real Madrid. He scored in injury time on more than one occasion to save us. I don't how you can he's been disappointing.

Flamini is a quality DM as well, he played LB because that's where he was needed. At the beginning, he had bad games at LB but quickly stepped up his game. Now, Imagine that pace,skill, anticipation and stamina in CM/DM, his favoured position. food for thought

Amadeor

Diaby has never been a defensive midfielder, if you follow his career for France as well as for Auxerre. He was an right sided attacking midfielder, a playmaker. Not defensive.

Soler

Established Member
I posted about this a month ago.

Tymoschuk is an excellent player. Able to play as a holding midfielder and a centre-back.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think if you let me choose i would want him more than yaya or mascherano

asajoseph

Established Member
Gilberto had a solid season, especially after the Real Madrid. He scored in injury time on more than one occasion to save us. I don't how you can he's been disappointing.

Gilberto had a solid season? He finished strongly, but was dreadful for most of the year, especially before Christmas. Although thanks to Linford Christie, that old myth of 'you're only as good as your last performance' seems to prevail strongly on this site...

Flamini is a quality DM as well, he played LB because that's where he was needed. At the beginning, he had bad games at LB but quickly stepped up his game. Now, Imagine that pace,skill, anticipation and stamina in CM/DM, his favoured position. food for thought

To be blunt, Flamini has NEVER looked quality in the middle of the park. Sure, he runs around a lot, and he wins people over with his work ethic, but fact is his passing is weak, he's no use whatsoever in the final third, his tackling is often poorly timed and he lets people through the middle of the park far, far too often. He is anything but quality, I'm afraid.

And I'm going to shoot the first person who compares him to Ray Parlour - the Romford Pele was twice the player for us that Flamini has ever looked like.

Harding

yeah he gave away the ball for the 2nd goal i remember, those are the type of tough games when we needa big strong comanding DM to lift the team n take the game by the scruff of the neck

Ricky_AFC

We definitely need a new defensive midfielder. Personally i want Mascherano but as an alternative it wouldn't be too bad to get Tymoschuk.

kosmyn

Tymoschuk is a player who was recommended by the romanian coach Mircea Lucescu at Inter.
If inter don't want to buy the ukrainian midfielder,it's very possible that he can join arsenal.

Top Bottom