• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ander Herrera

Sottobosco

http://www.cope.es/zaragoza/24-03-10--oferta-arsenal-por-ander-152280-2

Mientras la plantilla del Real Zaragoza ultima los detalles de su encuentro ante el Almería, la noticia ha saltado en las oficinas del club. El Arsenal ha realizado una oferta en firme por Ander Herrera. Ofrecen 12 millones de euros por el canterano zaragocista.
Bid was made yesterday morning but Zaragoza feels its insufficent.

Irregular this season but he has qualities similar to Iniesta.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
if he's been "irregular" (sounds like he's got constipation?), then why dont they think 12m is enough?

1 goal, 0 assist in 21 matches (15 starts) with 7 yellows and a red...

hardly awe-inspiring stats..

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I really doubt we offered even than half of that (which is still a lot of money), if we even made a bid. It's his first full season at top level though and he's only 20. Add some caps in the spanish U21 team and you've got reasons right there why the price will be high. He's playing for one of the least creative sides in Spain too so I wouldn't pay too much attention to the stats. Inconsistency is normal in young players.

I don't watch Zaragoza very often, but he's been pretty tidy when I've seen him. Heard good things about the lad. He looked quality in the U20 World cup a couple of months ago.

scytheavatar

Established Member
So I take it that he's more likely to be a Denilson replacement than a Cesc or Song replacement? How does he sack against Denilson?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
_real_sociedad_-_zaragoza28498175929_36dccac51.jpg

Who does he look like?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
he looks my 12 year old cousin..

seriously, how old is he? how many teenagers can a team fit into its squad..

we dont need to get YOUNGER

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
USArsenal said:
1 goal, 0 assist in 21 matches (15 starts) with 7 yellows and a red..
Not that there's legs to this story but with the yellows and the red I wonder if he's more for defensive purposes.

P_Gunner

Armor for Sleep said:
An Iniesta type? Hardly what we need.

Any midfielder that can't score goals and has good passing but not enough creativity to be a playmaker is always called an "Iniesta type". Not really interested.

lagos

Established Member
what's with all this rumoured bids for £10m plus players? I can count at least 3 or 4 of recent and no defender, no keeper!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
rumoured, lagos, rumoured

im guessing we havent actually made a bid.. besides, other than Chamakh, I dont see any attacking players being needed..

as you said, CM, DM (Song-type player) and GK.. that's what we need..

wouldnt count on a keeper though.. (nor would i count on a DM, as Wenger thinks Denilson can fill in for that role).. hell, i never expect any signings..

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/03/31/1857710/arsenal-bid-for-cesc-fabregas-replacement-real-zaragozas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... -zaragozas</a>

Top Bottom