• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ander Herrera

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
squallkid said:
I have literally never heard of this guy but I'll take him.

Is he a Defensive midfielder?

Not defensive, but not exactly attacking either. I'd say he's more of a deep-lying playmaker. He likes a tackle though :lol:. Think he would be good for us, but he won't offer the 100% all-out defensive work that we may want from a midfielder at current. He's a highly intelligent player though, great technician. He was very impressive against Man U a few years ago, only outshined by Llorente and Muniain in that team (oh, and Javi Martinez).

We could do a hell of a lot worse than Ander. He's not going to be the big name that gets everyone excited, but he's the sort of under-the-radar signing that we used to make. If he came here, I would be confident that he would perform well. As it is, this is a tenuous link however. I hope this one has legs.

Floating

Established Member
Hmm, sounds like a good player but if he's mostly an offensive CM then it seems a bit odd we're going after him, no?

been

He was a big star when spain won the under?? whatever championship. Him along with thiago were the names floating around as top talents.

k24bfan

He is much better than Arteta like by a lot. I am not sure Wenger will splash the cash though and Bilbao is going to fight to keep him if they can. Activating the clause makes sense in this situation only way to deal with the Basque clubs unless player wants to stay loyal.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
k24bfan said:
He is much better than Arteta like by a lot. I am not sure Wenger will splash the cash though and Bilbao is going to fight to keep him if they can. Activating the clause makes sense in this situation only way to deal with the Basque clubs unless player wants to stay loyal.

He's not actually, let's not go nuts.

arshy9

Established Member
To be better than Arteta,you have to offer the balance ,calmness and composure he gives to our midfield then add a better offensive input than he does,which is lacking on his side.

I don't know whether this guy can do it.Though I know Bender or Gundogan can.Not available anyway.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://hazzablog21.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/ander-takes-the-reins/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hazzablog21.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... the-reins/</a>

Found this blog post on him.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was a crucial part of the Bilbao side that got to the Europa league final, he along with De Marcus and Susaeta were massively underrated as most of the plaudits went to Martinez, Llorente and Muniain. He's not the midfielder I think we need but he'd add depth and he's a very good player.

viper_001

Established Member
One of the best young players in La Liga. Unless we meet whatever his release clause is, Bilbao won't let him go no matter what.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
if i never read the phrase "not what we need" again it will make me happier than ive ever been. maybe i should put that in the wishlist thread

k24bfan

Bigbludfire said:
k24bfan said:

I may be wrong and you could be right about this(a trait I wish Wenger had). I've seen Herrera play and he's brilliant. I rate him highly. He isn't defensive but a true creator and technical skills that is very high. Worried if he can physically play in the England but he's a player alright. I follow the Basque's club a lot (having lived there as kid for 3 years about). Ruben Pardo also a kid from Sociedad with a lot of talent. IMO Herrera is one of the plays that stepped up in the absence of Llorente and Javi Martinez.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
k24bfan said:
Bigbludfire said:
k24bfan said:

I may be wrong and you could be right about this(a trait I wish Wenger had). I've seen Herrera play and he's brilliant. I rate him highly. He isn't defensive but a true creator and technical skills that is very high. Worried if he can physically play in the England but he's a player alright. I follow the Basque's club a lot (having lived there as kid for 3 years about). Ruben Pardo also a kid from Sociedad with a lot of talent. IMO Herrera is one of the plays that stepped up in the absence of Llorente and Javi Martinez.

Regarding physicality, Ander has shown on more than one occasion he can dish out as much as he can take :lol:. He's not a defensive player, but he can and does tackle more often than not. His stats reflect that. If Wenger is truly in for him, I wonder how he would plan to use him?

Bigbludfire

Established Member
k24bfan said:
Bigbludfire said:
k24bfan said:

He's a technical midfielder but I wouldn't say he's got very high technical skills nor that he's brilliant. I used to rate him two years ago but he's stagnated. It's all open to interpretation really but I'm not completely disagreeing with you. Eso es intersante tambien

k24bfan

@Bigbludfire I will take a closer look this at Herrera this year. Your one of the few who's saying too early on Beneteke(overrated as of now) and I am on the fence with the guy as well(need to see more). So I respect your opinion on this. Doubt we sign him anyways, Buy-Out clause only option with Bilbao players and even that is messy.

Top Bottom