• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anders Lindegaard

Bossa

Established Member
Arsenal have reportedly joined the race to sign Aalesund goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard.

Dubbed the 'new Peter Schmeichel', Lindegaard is fast gaining a reputation as one of the premier keepers in Europe.

Manchester United are thought to be frontrunners to sign the 26-year-old and, although they have yet to officially declare their interest, Aalesund director Henrik Hoff revealed there has been an enquiry from the Red Devils.

"Manchester United have not been in contact with us directly, but I can confirm that there is an interest," he told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet last week.

"There is no smoke without fire. In case a big club like Manchester United show interest in our players, we are ready to negotiate."

The Daily Mail now reports that two other Premier League sides - one of which is rumoured to be Arsenal - are weighing up bids for the Danish stopper.

But Hoff made it clear that a substantial offer would be required to tempt the Norwegian club to part with their highly-rated gloveman.

He said: "Anders Lindegaard is in my eyes the best keeper in the Tippeliga and if he should be sold, a big sum will be required."

Lindegaard is the latest in a long line of goalkeepers to be linked with a summer move to the Emirates, after suggestions that Arsène Wenger had lost confidence in current number one Manuel Almunia.

link

Dont know him but at least its a goalkeeper.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
26, playing in Norway and behind Thomas Sorenson (maybe others too) in the pecking order for the NT .

How does this make him one of the "premier" keepers in Europe???

lagos

Established Member
Wenger said we have 4 keepers amd one of them will go on loan as we only need three. You don't need to be a seperator of atoms to realise we aren't going to buy a keeper!

Viking

Never heard of this guy till United became interested. He's 26, never had a cap for the Danish NT (and aside from Sørensen, our keepers are total ****), from 2003-2009 he played 11 matches, and he hasn't started playing regularly till Aalesund got him. I doubt this very, very much.

qs

Established Member
Sounds a bit like Anders Limpar, which is nearly enough of a reason to sign him.

lagos

Established Member
....is behind Sorensen at 26, which is not nearly but actually more than enough of a reason not to sign him in this lifetime and the next.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He got dumped by Odense for Roy Carroll. If there ever was a perfect reason not to sign an able-bodied player that has to be it.

morpho

Established Member
please... Lindegaard is a far better goalkeeper than any other in the norwegian league! One of the main reason why Aalesund won the cup last year, and the biggest reason why they're still top 5 in the league this season.

About him being Arsenal material is a complete different discussion though. But at this point i'll take whoever... even whatever

ivansen

morpho said:
please... Lindegaard is a far better goalkeeper than any other in the norwegian league! One of the main reason why Aalesund won the cup last year, and the biggest reason why they're still top 5 in the league this season.

About him being Arsenal material is a complete different discussion though. But at this point i'll take whoever... even whatever

You're in Argentina, and you watch the norwegian league? Kudos.

qs

Established Member
lagos said:
....is behind Sorensen at 26, which is not nearly but actually more than enough of a reason not to sign him in this lifetime and the next.

Isn't that like saying you wouldn't want Hart because he's behind Green and James?

morpho

Established Member
ivansen said:
morpho said:

You're in Argentina, and you watch the norwegian league? Kudos.

not so much... a norwegian who lived in argentina and just didnt updated his profile ;)

morpho

Established Member
in fear of being labeled as a fan boy, Aalesund happens to be the city closest to me, yes :)

lagos

Established Member
qs said:
lagos said:

Isn't that like saying you wouldn't want Hart because he's behind Green and James?

Hart isn't 26

Latest posts+

Top Bottom