• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André Ayew

GDeep™

League is very weak
After Pires, Flamini, Nasri, is Andre Ayew the next Marseille player heading to Arsenal? A good source here tells me Wenger considering bid

- <a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/mattspiro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/mattspiro</a> (French based journo)

A flaky link, but Wenger was interested in Ayew a few years ago too, could possibly still be interested. What do you guys think then? From the bits and bobs iv seen of him over the years, I think he's quite a capable player, can operate in a couple of positions quite comfortably which would be useful here, but would love to find out what the regular French league viewers on here think of him.

Would cost quite a bit im guessing, 12-15Mish..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Re: Andre Ayew

you mean the player from ghana i like him in world cup he was so good maybe an arshavin replacement

GDeep™

League is very weak

Yes, the Ghanian. Potential heart break for many Arsenal fans if Wenger sells Arshavin (which I expect him to do) and signs someone like Ayew instead of Hazard as an replacement.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member

Very talented player, think he's better as an AM than out wide but he's versatile. One of MANY players I'd take to replace Rosicky.

mo50

Established Member

Remy is the impressive one. Pace and trickery, the United defenders spent a lot of time on their arses yesterday.

NasrisShoelace

Established Member

Remy is brain dead and he's constantly looking at his feet. He's far worse technically than Walcott from what I've seen. Great pace though, but I don't think he's good enough for us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Not good enough, why not add another 5 - 10 million and buy a better player OR spend similar and buy an out of favour premiership wideman such as A.Johnson or Kalou?

I'd be devastated if we sold Arshavin and replaced him with ayew.

ricky1985

Established Member

We won't.

Ayew is exactly the sort of player I don't want to see on our flanks. No genuine pace or goal threat. He has talent, but it's not of much use to us.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

ricky1985 said:
We won't.

Ayew is exactly the sort of player I don't want to see on our flanks. No genuine pace or goal threat. He has talent, but it's not of much use to us.

It had almost got to the stage where if it isn't Eboue or Rosicky on the wing i'd accept anybody but your right we need pace, movement and goal threat from our wide men. I'm not even that arsed about workrate!

jus2nang

truth_hurts said:
Not good enough, why not add another 5 - 10 million and buy a better player OR spend similar and buy an out of favour premiership wideman such as A.Johnson or Kalou?

I'd be devastated if we sold Arshavin and replaced him with ayew.

Whilst I doubt he'd fit in our side, he's definitely got more about him as a wide man than Kalou.

Not good enough technically in my opinion, but then again, he's better than Walcott in all but 2 areas (pace & finishing).

Works his socks off too.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't know how much there is to this rumour but here are my thoughts;
He is a very good player, more a Rosicky replacement than Shava. He's more the skilled and hardworking type than the magical type. Whilst he's not going to outrun everyone, he's a good dribbler and can cross with either foot(something that's not of much use here since nobody is ever in the box). Technically he's not there yet but his improvement year after year has been incredible to watch. I'd rather take Hazard though but Andre would be a useful player to have around.

patrick42uk

Established Member

Talented, got a lot of heart, but powder-puff ultimately. Wont score or assist enough. Doesnt have the power.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Not impressed at all. Same thoughts as Patrick.

At least 10 better wingers around off the top of my head

ebouenolike

Established Member
Andre Ayew

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/872285-marvin-martin-and-andre-ayew-arsenal-bids-funded-by-cesc-fabregas-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... regas-sale</a>

André Ayew on joining Arsenal: "now i'm concentrating on playing well. But Why not?" (Canal+)

Interesting.

GDeep™

League is very weak

mattspiro L'Equipe say Wenger targeting Marseille's Andre Ayew. He has a buyout clause of 13m euros. Would be an excellent signing
mattspiro Arsenal's interest in A Ayew dates several months. Skilful left winger/midfielder, very hard working, great engine. Would do well in EPL

Buyout clause is right up our street.

Hoya

This would be an excellent signing. This and Jadson are more realistic possibilities.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seen him only a couple of times for Ghana and he looked decent, is he good enough for us though?

AFCG7

Established Member

He isnt good enough for us. He will also piss off to the ACN anyway.
No thanks.

Top Bottom