• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André Ayew

Raider

Established Member
Re: Andre Ayew

He was on the list for Ligue-1 Young Player of the season last year alongside M'Vila and Hazard.

Apart from that I can't say I know much about him.

GOONER1991

Established Member

Don't know much about him, but the fact that he's from Ghana means that he goes off the the ACN in January, which means we would lose him, Song, Chamakh and Gervinho, which is not good. However his buyout clause makes him look like a realistic possibility.

eye4goal

Established Member

Similar player to Nasri in style, but very much inferior all round especially in terms of scoring goals

patrick42uk

Established Member

Always thought he was a bit toothless. He runs all day and is decent technically but doesnt really hurt the opposition. It mentions Marvin Martin - dont know a awful lot about him but could be an interesting one from the little i'v seen/heard.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

eye4goal said:
Similar player to Nasri in style, but very much inferior all round especially in terms of scoring goals

pretty much sums him up.

patrick42uk

Established Member

One thing that does stand out about this boy is that he has a lot of courage and heart. Got a decent engine on him as well.

Technically he's very good and I think he would fit into a passing style easily (which most wingers dont) as we saw with Ghana at the WC. He's also a decent dribbler and has a good pace. He got 13 goals last season, so obviously I underestimated his ability there. Recently scored a hattrick in the french super cup (albeit 2 being pennos).

This one is growing on me. If Mata is not possible, I wouldnt mind him.

qs

Established Member

Can't afford another African winger in the side. In fact I think we have as many Africans as we can cope with over all now.

scytheavatar

Established Member

eye4goal said:

:?: :?: :?:

Nasri: 6 goals 11 assists in 30 starts for Marseille
Ayew: 11 goals 2 assists in 32 starts

Inferior in terms of scoring goals? Even last season Nasri's stats for us reads 10 goals 1 assist in 28 starts.

Freagle

Not sure but I think he scored a hat-trick in the French Super Cup this season against Lille as well. By that game and last season he looks vastly superior to Nasri in-terms of scoring. How old is he though?

Edit: He did score a hat-trick.

Freagle

"Arsenal are a great club, but I am not thinking about that at all. I am focused on the game and Marseille, what happens, happens,"

Found another article albeit goal.com

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2011/08/14/2619948/olympique-marseilles-andre-ayew-arsenal-are-a-great-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... great-club</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He'd be a good signing. He improves year after year too. He's deceptively quick and will harass defenders and attackers alike with his great engine and running. Plus like someone said, he has courage and doesn't give up easily, something we could use a bit of. Having said all that, I don't know if it would be a great signing given our midfield needs. The one we really missed was Keving Prince Boateng. He'd have been great next to Song apart from the ACN thing.

eye4goal

Established Member

scytheavatar said:
Nasri: 6 goals 11 assists in 30 starts for Marseille
Ayew: 11 goals 2 assists in 32 starts

Inferior in terms of scoring goals? Even last season Nasri's stats for us reads 10 goals 1 assist in 28 starts.

He scord 0 in the CL in 8 appearances, compared to Nasri's two goals. I think Nasri is a better finisher, and with a bit of consistency he could have scored 5-10 goals more last season(15 in all comps).

Ayew is only 21 and his finishing could improve. He'd be a good replacement for Nasri in terms of all round play, his dribbling and ball retention skills would be useful to us, but I'd very much prefer a more prolific forward like G Rossi

stiiphunn

Established Member

I haven't been watching an awful lot of French football these days, but most of my friends seem to think that Ayew is a brilliant player and is only gonna get better.

Raider

Established Member

If it has to be another French player, then Sakho is the player I want.

Future Thuram.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I want a player with Ayew's skillset, rather than that of Mata's and I'd be inclined to opt for the former if given a choice between the two. However, I want a player like Ayew but a developed version who is ready to contribute almost instantly. We also can't afford another African player, and I haven't seen enough of him to guage how intelligent he is, and how good his decisions are. I don't think we can afford another wide forward whose final ball and decision making is inconsistent.

Floating

Established Member

Raider, we'll never get Sakho now that PSG are owned by more oil-stained billionaires.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

I thought he was very good at the World Cup, and he was key for Marseille in his first season clocking up 50 games and scoring important goals. I don't think he's any better than Gervinho though, and the latter had an even better season last year than Ayew's ever had in France.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

outlaw_member said:
I want a player with Ayew's skillset, rather than that of Mata's and I'd be inclined to opt for the former if given a choice between the two. However, I want a player like Ayew but a developed version who is ready to contribute almost instantly. We also can't afford another African player, and I haven't seen enough of him to guage how intelligent he is, and how good his decisions are. I don't think we can afford another wide forward whose final ball and decision making is inconsistent.
Decision making et al is not a problem for him. He really understands the game. I guess having a father who played at the highest level helps. He certainly can play for us but I'd rather we got an older more experienced player. Our squad needs a tad more experience methinks.

Top Bottom