• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André-Pierre Gignac

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Established Member
Re: Andre-Pierre Gignac

Aren't Toulouse buying a striker, Hmmmmmmmm!?

Edit: Just seen that has been mentioned. My apologies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member

You've all been drinking too much Gignac.

How about we sign Vodkey or Wineer? Or how about Rumbrand? Or Sambucca de Menthe?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Is he really an upgrade on Nik? this signing would be reminiscent of Adebaywhores a few januarys back so I won't rule it out.

Viking

Daily Mail claims we're not interested, as he's not up to Wenger's standards!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Arsenal will not be moving for Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, despite their wish to sign cover for injured Robin van Persie.

The France forward is not deemed to be up to Arsenal's high standards, so boss Arsène Wenger has the unusual problem of plenty of money but no players of sufficient quality to spend it on.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240153/Striker-Gignac-snubbed-Arsenal-seek-cover-Robin-van-Persie.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0bVKGODTO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/arti ... z0bVKGODTO</a>

dodge

Established Member

Never heard this name before, maybe we are going to sign an accomplished footballer this time- David Villa?

kooldawg

Established Member

Don't think so dodge, its gonna be Chamakh on a free in the summer. Arsène thinks we dont need a striker at the moment because of our scoring rate.

qs

Established Member

dodge said:
Never heard this name before, maybe we are going to sign an accomplished footballer this time- David Villa?

The guy plays for France how can you not have heard of him?

morpho

Established Member

not interested according to football365

ARSENAL WON'T GO FOR GIGNAC
Back to the Mail on Sunday for the news that 'Arsenal will not be moving for Toulouse striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, despite their wish to sign cover for injured Robin van Persie.'

Why's that? Simple, really: he's not good enough.

'The France forward is not deemed to be up to Arsenal's high standards, so boss Arsène Wenger has the unusual problem of plenty of money but no players of sufficient quality to spend it on.'

So who does Wenger go for? He's ruled out Marouane Chamakh because Bordeaux don't want to sell, said on Friday that Klaas Jan Huntelaar wasn't on his "radar", and it's claimed in the Mail that 'Edin Dzeko is valued at £35million by German champions Wolfsburg'. And Wenger really isn't going to spend £35m on one player, is he?

taylor314gh

i love how the papers put something in quotes to make it seem official. The don't credit the quotes to anyone, they are just making stuff up to sell papers as usual.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Toulouse offered 12m total for Mandzukic and Etto (Etto has release clause at 2m) and when Dinamo accepted it Toulouse had withdrawn their offer. Maybe it's cause I can't never see Mandzo agreeing to go there.
Still dunno what their financial situation was, but now they have 12m to spend, or they thought they did.
Maybe Gignac deal they counted on didn't go through?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Arsène Wenger will not be making a move to sign Andre-Pierre Gignac.

The Arsenal manager has admitted he is considering signing a new striker during the current transfer window and Gignac is just one of a number of names linked with a move to Emirates Stadium.

The 24-year-old has scored 35 goals in 85 appearances for Toulouse and has become a regular in the French international squad, netting four times in ten appearances for Les Blues.

But while Wenger says he is an admirer of the striker, the manager concedes that the French international is too expensive to be an Arsenal transfer target.

"I like the player," admitted Wenger. "I don't need to send people to watch him because I know him well enough already because he plays for the French national team.

"Lyon tried to buy him last year for nearly £20million, so the price was too high."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-gignac-would-be-too-expensive" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... -expensive</a>

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

So he would buy Gignac if the price is lower?

Another one gone with the wind

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No one good enough is available for Wenger prices. We wont sign anyone.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Jasard said:
No one good enough is available for Wenger prices. We wont sign anyone.

I think this is probably true.Im just hoping for him to pull something out of the bag Vermaelen style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom