• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André Santos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-back-Andre-Santos-is-a-target-of-Galatasaray

Galatasaray chief executive Lutfi Aribogan has revealed out-of-favour Arsenal left-back Andre Santos is on the club's wishlist but says there has been no contact with the Gunners.

Santos has struggled to make an impact at the Premier League club since joining from Fenerbahce in August 2011.

The 29-year-old Brazilian has taken a backseat to Kieran Gibbs again so far this season amid speculation linking him with a move away from Emirates Stadium.

Aribogan told Turkish sports newspaper Fanatik: "Andre Santos is one of the names (we have) on our list."

But the Galatasaray chief executive added: "We currently have no contact with his club and the player himself."

Santos, who has lost his place in the Brazil set-up having not featured since the 2011 Copa America, is not ruling out a return to Turkey.

He said via his official Twitter account: "I would like to state clearly that I have a lot of respect for Fenerbahce, and I love Istanbul but for now I am a Gunner.

"For now, I have not received an offer from a Turkish team.

"However, if I receive an offer one day, thinking what is best for my family, I will make a decision."

Strong link but I don't think we'll sell in January, new recruit would need time to adjust and considering Gibbs's fragility I don't see the reason to sell a decent back up who has already adjusted to the PL.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Re: Andre Santos to Galatasaray

Can't see us selling him, and can't see him wanting to leave. He loves it here.

He's in the typical situation of a 'fringe' player, what he needs to do, is get his chance and cease it when he receives it.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Santos is needed here at the moment, so no thanks.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

Think he'll stay, at least I hope so. And even if he left, he's not dumb enough to leave for Galatasaray after playing for Fenerbahce.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Will he get his license back if he leaves England?
Anyway, I hope he stays because we need him.

DasBootist

I was against his transfer from the start. His performances for the club have done little to change my mind. I have been impressed with Gibbs' form, but with his past troubles with staying fit in mind, I wouldn't be against a more reliable back-up being brought in.

I also agree with the poster who mentioned the dubious nature of the Galatasaray link, what with Santos having been a Fenerbahçe player for several years.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

It'd be quite cowardly of him to choose to leave with only Gibbs in front of him. With Gibb's luck with injuries, he probably wont have to wait long, and then he can go about putting his case forward.

Personally, I don't think Wenger trusts him.

VAVAVOOM 14

Well, here's his chance.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave with such little resistance. He needs to stick it out and fight for a place.

He hasn't had many opportunities, well, heres his chance; he needs to seize this moment and stake his claim.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santos-left-back-rivalry-has-improved-me" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... mproved-me</a>

Can't see him move anytime soon. Then again, arsenal.com and our players reacting directly to some internet rumours is never a good thing, remember Song being asked about Barca when I at first deemed those rumours baseless.

el57

Yes lets sell so we can replace his roster spot for a 16 year old leftback in reserves or something... Good grief hes a second choice LB, and while he has some technique in attack, he's a bit iffy in defense. Whatever, he suffices for a BACKUP. No reason to sell.

VancouverCanuck

el57 said:
Yes lets sell so we can replace his roster spot for a 16 year old leftback in reserves or something... Good grief hes a second choice LB, and while he has some technique in attack, he's a bit iffy in defense. Whatever, he suffices for a BACKUP. No reason to sell.
Maybe the balance sheet needs more fattening.

Invincible

Established Member

Hope there's truth to this link. Joke of a player. Careless, no desire whatsoever, lazy, unfit and unprofessional.

Another terrible Wenger signing.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He was brilliant last year. Give it some time mate. Don't only look at the bad

Invincible

Established Member

Brilliant? No chance; he was never brilliant for us. At his very best, he was only competent.

It's depressing to see a player like this play for us. And worse yet, there are some making excuses for his laughable performances.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He was one of the best players on the pitch against Chelsea, sparked our come back in the game. After that he went on a very good run till injury stopped him. Go watch the matches.

jaguars4ever

Last season, he was competent (but not great) for us defensively, and brilliant for us offensively.

This season, he's been a liability for us defensively, and ineffectual for us offensively.

Even if Santos can somehow reclaim his form from last season, he's still not what we need. What we need is a full-back that is brilliant defensively, and competent offensively.

Now I like Santos' personality. He's lighthearted and confident in his own skin. Unfortunately, he was merely a panic buy in response to the 8-2 drubbing, and he continues to be a square peg for a round whole.

He simply doesn't know how to jockey a winger and instead utilizes what I've coined to be his "lunge-on-the-half-turn-tackle-technique" (Unfortunately, it's as insane as his auto driving technique). With it, he gets skinned every time (or gives away a foul), and we endure heart-ache down the left-hand side.

Sorry, but Santos needs to shipped out ASAP, as we need to bring in a reliable defender who is stable defensively and can put in a shift when Gibbs is inevitably on the treatment table.

danccm

leo_ense said:
Sinan‏@Sinan_Sonmez

@samuelj29060 There is a rumour in Turkey. Andre Santos will play for Galatasaray next year in Turkey
Lots of rumours going round he going to be axed after that debacle of shirt exchange with JudasVP. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom