• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André Santos (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floating

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flamengo.com.br/site/noticia/detalhe/17662/andr-santos-o-novo-reforo-rubro-negro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flamengo.com.br/site/noticia ... ubro-negro</a>

Flamengo confirm the deal.

blaze_of_glory

evoh_1 said:
F'ck off santos you fat ****, I have rarely disliked players as much as him and gervais hopefully we won't go last minute shopping in the bargain bin anymore after our hit and mostly miss in 2011.

Can't believe someone would take him on a permanent contract tbh.

Classy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its a free transfer so that's true Santos pay 50% from his contract.

all forgiven Santos good luck mate.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah good luck to him. Seems like a great guy, just not up to it in the Prem. Lots of talent but not enough disciple positionally or in terms of fitness. Glad he's found somewhere to go.

jay-d

Established Member
thedon5 said:
Why do people keep saying this is the best transfer window in ages when we haven't even signed anyone of note :lol: . It's all well and good if the deadwood are going, but if we're not replacing them with far better players I couldn't care less.

My thoughts exactly. At this moment in time we are a lot weaker than last season. Best transfer window???? How???? Arsène and the board have got us thinking it's about how much we save and make each window :lol:

mo50

Established Member
jay-d said:
thedon5 said:
Why do people keep saying this is the best transfer window in ages when we haven't even signed anyone of note :lol: . It's all well and good if the deadwood are going, but if we're not replacing them with far better players I couldn't care less.

My thoughts exactly. At this moment in time we are a lot weaker than last season. Best transfer window???? How???? Arsène and the board have got us thinking it's about how much we save and make each window :lol:

How are we weaker? A fully fit Wilshere, Ramsey stepping up, Giroud/Podolski/Cazorla with a season under their belt. We're not weaker, I'd say we're slightly better actually.

It doesn't take away from the fact that we need to strengthen though.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People exaggerate just how bad he was because the Van Persie incident distorts their view, before his injury he wasn't that bad. We bought a players that we knew was too attacking for us, especially with how Sagna/Jenkinson where on the other side. Had his time been a few years back in place of Clichy I think everyone would have an entirely different view of him.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
jay-d said:
thedon5 said:

I agree about buy players but its good to see we are selling the unneeded players that we struggling to sell in last few summers. am sure now after selling all these players we will buy some player am expecting we buy at least 3 players this window our squad is short.

La Sagna

Established Member
Penn_ said:
People exaggerate just how bad he was because the Van Persie incident distorts their view, before his injury he wasn't that bad. We bought a players that we knew was too attacking for us, especially with how Sagna/Jenkinson where on the other side. Had his time been a few years back in place of Clichy I think everyone would have an entirely different view of him.

This is correct. Was media underhyped and did the criminal sin of swapping shirts in media view.

People are quick to let Wilshere off with abysmal performances week after week blatantly due to being rushed back from injury but can't do the same for Santos.
Still hes a **** for doing what he did with Van Persie

jay-d

Established Member
mo50 said:
jay-d said:
thedon5 said:

How are we weaker? A fully fit Wilshere, Ramsey stepping up, Giroud/Podolski/Cazorla with a season under their belt. We're not weaker, I'd say we're slightly better actually.

As a squad. Less players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Respect his desire to play and buying out his contract, hope he makes a decent career for himself.

Easily one of the better transfer windows, lets be honest.
Especially when you know the majority of our links to players is bullocks and you don't buy into it (50m for Suarez :lol:), it becomes a great window.

Players who couldn't get a game for us leaving, no first team departures- and quite a few of our players only came last season and have a year experience making the team stronger by default.

Great transfer window.

Warship

jay-d said:
mo50 said:
jay-d said:

As a squad. Less players.

If it's multiple players who would rarely make the matchday squad then less players is not a problem.. Santos saw the bench before we signed Monreal and Squillaci rode out most of the past year playing in the reserve league which to me is not the best way to be spending 100+k per week and Denilson/Park have spent the better part of the last two seasons out on loan.

If Gervinho is sold then that will be the only real matchday squad player we've sold.

It doesn't make the squad weaker by any stretch of the imagination if the players are not going to see the field - it makes the squad more concise and frees up money to dedicate elsewhere.

On topic though I wish Andre the best - pretty skilled player and seemed like a very likeable guy in the squad so I hope he has some success at Flamengo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Time to lock
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santos-completes-transfer-to-flamengo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... o-flamengo</a>

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Respect for caring more about playing than just earning money. Wish him all the best in his career.

arsmile

Established Member
I don't think he is a terrible player or was a terrible transfer

but when he wasn't performing we took proactive steps, brought in monreal- and now there is no room for him cos we have 2 far superior options.

nice guy...interesting player.....left before his enduring presence here became farcical- note nik/cham...

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
krengon said:
Respect for caring more about playing than just earning money. Wish him all the best in his career.

Agree i hope Bendtner is watching and learn from Andre that the money is not everything in football.

thedon5

I was thinking, maybe he's just a general football fan and like any fan wanted the used shirt of a great player in Judas :lol: ? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom