• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

André Santos

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal target surprise swoop for Fenerbahce defender Andre Santos - report
11 Jun 2010 16:05:00

Arsenal could turn to Fenerbahce left back Andre Santos if Lorient continue to resist their bids for Laurent Koscielny, according to Fanatik.

Santos, 27, is comfortable along the left hand side or at centre back and this versatility is understood to have piqued manager Arsène Wenger's interest.

With Mikael Silvestre, William Gallas and Sol Campbell set to exit north London, the Brazilian international could provide cover.

Lorient defender Koscielny is the Gunners' prime target, however, and they are rumoured to have bid £9 million for his services.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/06/11/1971312/arsenal-target-surprise-swoop-for-fenerbahce-defender-andre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... nder-andre</a>

andr%C3%A9+santos+corinthians+brazil+barcelona.jpg

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Re: Andre Santos

Wow!

You are king of transfer rumors, Gurj... :D

Never watch him recently, is he any good? :?

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

Saw him in the confed cup last year and he was quite decent as a left back.

The only thing that interests me here is that Bojed's ITK claimed that Wenger wanted a centre back who can play in the left. And here we are, talking about Santos now.

May be Wenger is looking for a like for like to kick out Sylvestre.

ricky1985

Established Member

I've only seen Santos at the Confed cup last year, but, there's no way he can play centreback - his defending was barely passable as a left back.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Lord Dula said:
That us. Too short

too_short_blow-1.jpg

Probably will be our next transfer link. From the little i've seen of Santos he's comfortable on the ball but not particularly strong or aggressive.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

im sure its a bullsh*t rumour because Wenger has said he wanted someone that can play CB and cover LB.. journos are just taking a LB and saying he can cover at CB, while not even close to being true

he is purely and only a LB, dont think he has EVER played CB

Zico

Established Member

we can't play two left-footed centre backs. the world will implode!

asajoseph

Established Member

USArsenal said:
im sure its a bullsh*t rumour because Wenger has said he wanted someone that can play CB and cover LB.. journos are just taking a LB and saying he can cover at CB, while not even close to being true

Didn't bojed say that, not Wenger?

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

asajoseph said:
USArsenal said:

:lol:
It's getting confusing every minute. But yes, this does look like a bullsh*t link.

Captain

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Lord Dula said:
That us. Too short

too_short_blow-1.jpg

Probably will be our next transfer link. From the little i've seen of Santos he's comfortable on the ball but not particularly strong or aggressive.

Has to be better than 'The wonder of you'.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

asajoseph said:
USArsenal said:

actually, i thought it was something another bullsh*t journo said on one of those transfer rumour links once.. dont know if its true or not.. i heard it somewhere, just cant remember exactly where...

doesnt matter, unless we're gonna sell Clichy or Gibbs, he isnt coming here.. (IMO)

dendito

Andre Santos

Turkish medias link us with LB Andre Santos. It'd be a fee around € 7M.

Would make sense considering Traore's leaving

Anobody seen this guy play?

dendito

Link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.ntvspor.net/haber/futbol/47127/andre-santos-arsenalde" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ntvspor.net/haber/futbol/471 ... -arsenalde</a>

dave_rwr

Established Member

Haven't seen him play, but I've heard good things. At the very least, I'm happy if this means we are looking address the LB issue. Think the past month was Arsène seeing if Gibbs and Traore could pull the weight on their own and I think it has shown him that they can't. Hopefully this is an indication that he's moving to remedy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom