• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrés Guardado

beepos

Yep-This chap is back, and we're linked with him again. I personally like him, but, Wenger is Wenger.

To those of you who dont know about him, he's a young, 21 year old Mexican Left winger with a great shot. He's had 28 caps for El Tri, the Mexican National team, and has scored 3 goals. During the Copa America, he played 4 times, scoring once.
Until this summer, he played for the club Club de football fe Atlas, a team in the Mexican first divison. He had 64 games there, scoring 6 goals, and many assists. In summer 2007, he moved to the club Deportivo de La Coruna, in La Liga. He's played in 13 games, and scored in 3 of them already, and has had 2 assists there.
But he's considered one of the next big things in Spain now, due to his considerable skill. During his time in Mexico, he was consistently linked with Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Man United and Arsenal. But none of these teams were willing to pay a lot for his services, so he moved to Coruna.

Here's his Wikipedia Entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrés_Guardado

His ESPN Soccernet stats for this year

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=102981&cc=5901

Some links between Arsenal and Guardado. These are not the most reliable of links, but within a few days I'm dure other newspapers will have caught on to this...
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2007/1...ter-united-newcastle-and-birmingham/3835.html

http://www.sportingo.com/football/tottenham_star_attracts_more_interest/1001,5946

Trilbal **** :eek:ops: ......

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=67486
It says that Altas still owns 25% of his contract.

Again, I know this isnt the strongest of rumours, but is one I think may be true. This guy certainly has skills, And Mods, Can I post you tube videos of him?

-Shaun-

Guardado seems like an amazing talent. I have only seen him a couple of times, but whenever I have I have been blown away.

My word he has one shot on him, crosses as well, he could really create for the front-two. Looks as though the interest is general, we have tried to sign him before. Hope he comes to the Arsenal.

entropy13

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I can't see Wenger being interested in him after he said that Carlos Vela will come back next season.

Huh? Carlos Vela is quite capable on the wings, yes, but he's still better as a striker or just behind. Guardado on the other had is really a winger, equally capable offensively and defensively on the wings.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
can't see guardado being signed.

deportivo wants a high fee because they just signed him

xcdude24

Established Member
Great player. Hope we can make this one. Deportivo got a steal for the 4 or 5 million they payed for him. If we could get him for 10 million, i'd consider it a deal.

juk380x

He's agreat player, I've heard of him before, about two years ago I think. He's been improving ever since. He is a winger, but he's capable of playing in defence as well. He is fast, has a good shot and plenty of skill. But Depor just bought him, I don't think they are ready to let him go.

beepos

xcdude24 said:
Great player. Hope we can make this one. Deportivo got a steal for the 4 or 5 million they payed for him. If we could get him for 10 million, i'd consider it a deal.
Exactly My thoughts. Great player, we should snap him up before Chelscum, United or the other Spanish teams get him. I really am a fan of his.

ThaSaltCracka

I am with you guys, Andres is a quality quality player. His pace would throw defenders for a loop in the Premier league.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
I live in Mexico, I see these guys day in day out (there always seems to be a cup or other).

They are too bloody short. The whole nation is a bunch of short-arses. Nice bunch - but short.

Always when I see the Mexican team I think bloody hell with their guts and determination and occasional great skill they would be great ... IF they were taller.

I know that there are many shorter players to the contrary (Eduardo for one), but to me it seems that simple.

Get some bloody height.

Legend#1

Established Member
I went on holiday to Mexico in August.

They're the shortest people ever, especially the women!

gunnerGH

Established Member
The mexican team will be awesome in about 5-7 years.

Guardado
Vela
Eparaza
other but can't think

:lol:

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I hate to make an obvious point, but does his height really matter? He's a winger, he's not a target man, and he's not a central defender. I don't see him trying to win many headers flying down the wing.

entropy13

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
can't fit him in.
simple.

He is very versatile, he can ably cover for Clichy (unless you want Hoyte or Traore as Gael's backup?), and of course can play on the wings.

number_0

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
The mexican team will be awesome in about 5-7 years.

Guardado
Vela
Eparaza
other but can't think

:lol:

dont forget dos santos....

anyway i dont think we will sign him to win headers here, so hight wont matter, and if was to come he would be playing with the likes of diaby, ade, cesc and nik, so hight wont be an issue if he would be playin in the next generation arsenal.

Dragon181

MDGoonah41 said:
I hate to make an obvious point, but does his height really matter? He's a winger, he's not a target man, and he's not a central defender. I don't see him trying to win many headers flying down the wing.

Agreed. I still don't think he'd fit in that well and that we'd have any place for him (even though I would love a winger), but his height isn't really that big of a deal. Marc Overmars was pretty short (5'8") and even Cannavaro's not that tall (5'9" - not a winger, but a CB, and a small one).

:eek:ops: I might be biased because I'm also only 5'6" (but I can bench press 225lbs +). But it's the size of the heart that matters. And besides, if they're fast and strong enough, who cares how tall they are? We're not playing basketball.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Legend#1 said:
I went on holiday to Mexico in August.

They're the shortest people ever, especially the women!

Unless you are a surfer, why were you doing in Mexico in the hot and rainy season? Mad dogs & Englishmen.

Of course I made it my home, so what does that make me?

Latest posts

Top Bottom