• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Rather keep Elneny in all honesty. Him and Gomes are completely different players, seldom do you find a player like Elneny who's willing to be 4th/5th option.
Guendouzi would really be Elneny’s replacement. Gomes is more Wilshere. I just said Elneny because he’d be the one sold to make room for the roster spot.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No, not at any price. It's not that he's just had a hard time at Barca, it's that he was never particularly good at Valencia in the first place. He just isn't that good. Not to mention we don't need another CM.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Think he’d be more of an upgrade on Elneny... like a much higher upgrade. Don’t see it happening though after Elneny being given a new number and Ornstein saying we’d be done after Torreira and Guendouzi.
Yeh i cant see elneny leaving. Xhaka too tbh

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Just saw a Football London headline that reads: 'We don't need him' - Arsenal fans send clear message to Unai Emery amid fresh Andre Gomes links. It seems to be based on reaction from the Twitterati.

Why would any fan presume to know what Arsenal needs at this time? There's a new coach. There will be a new system (and while we can make deductions based on Emery's previous work, we won't know exactly what he has in mind until we see it). We don't yet know what his plans are for particular players. And it's not like fans really know that much about most of these players who they don't watch regularly. I think the reasonable thing to do is to let Emery and Mislintat determine who and what Arsenal needs. If they decide to bring somebody in, there surely must be a reason for it.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
How about turning the tables on these European clubs for once & ask for.... a loan.

giphy.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I have a feeling we have done our business so swiftly that Sp**s are envious. Therefore Levy sees a player we are linked with and are going for him. I don't think we want him. The Bentacur link makes far more sense.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

According to sport.es we started talks with barca to buy Gomes for 20M euros

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I really would take him for 20m euro that's a good deal.

He's also 6ft1/6ft2 which fits into Emery wanting a taller midfielder this summer.

Why take a punt on an average midfielder when we look settled in midfield (at least for the coming season) and not spend every last penny we can get our hands on for a winger? Makes no sense.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why take a punt on an average midfielder when we look settled in midfield (at least for the coming season) and not spend every last penny we can get our hands on for a winger? Makes no sense.

I agree but not signing Gomes but where exactly does a winger fit into this team? I'd say there's a very good chance he puts Lacazette and Aubameyang in the starting lineup so there isn't room for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom