• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don't know spanish, but I'm guessing seducir means attracted in spanish, its got a totally different connotation in engilsh.

Nope. If you watched The Graduate in Spanish, Dustin Hoffman would say "Señora Robinson, estas tratando de seducirme. Verdad?" The word for attractive would be atractivo. But the word seduce doesn't always have a sexual connotation (even in English). It can be used in the same way as attract or entice. But the word used in the article was seduce.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Sometimes you don't initially like a transfer but once you've thought about it you accept it and even like it, the Mkhitaryan one for example. This is not one of those transfers. It is a bad transfer, I don't like it and I will be very disgruntled if it happens. Hopefully this rumour dies a swift death.

el_gibor

Midfielders who would cost around the same or less I would take over Gomez:

Ziyech (Ajax)
Ceballos (Real)
Banega (Sevilla)
Illaramendi (Sociedad)
Mandragora (Juve)
Allan (Napoli)
Luis Alberto (Lazio)
Praet (Samp)
Ndombele (Lyon)
Meyer (Schalke)
Yazici (Trabzonspor)
Demirbay (Hoffenheim)

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Ziyech (Ajax)
Ceballos (Real)
Banega (Sevilla)
Illaramendi (Sociedad)
Mandragora (Juve)
Allan (Napoli)
Luis Alberto (Lazio)
Praet (Samp)
Ndombele (Lyon)
Meyer (Schalke)
Yazici (Trabzonspor)
Demirbay (Hoffenheim)

most of those for less then 20-30mil is silly talk

Zaza

Ziyech (Ajax)
Ceballos (Real)
Banega (Sevilla)
Illaramendi (Sociedad)
Mandragora (Juve)
Allan (Napoli)
Luis Alberto (Lazio)
Praet (Samp)
Ndombele (Lyon)
Meyer (Schalke)
Yazici (Trabzonspor)
Demirbay (Hoffenheim)
Goodluck getting any of them bar Meyer and maybe Yazici for less than 20m

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seem we seriously in for this guy if RAC1 confirm we are in talk. Anything between 15-20M I wouldn't mind it

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Sometimes you don't initially like a transfer but once you've thought about it you accept it and even like it, the Mkhitaryan one for example. This is not one of those transfers. It is a bad transfer, I don't like it and I will be very disgruntled if it happens. Hopefully this rumour dies a swift death.
I think we need another mid because emery seem going with 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond. One think about this transfer it will limit Niles chances that I don't like

Preacher

Always Crying
Gomes can play, has plenty of talent, but his mentality raises big questions. Very quickly folded under pressure at Barca.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There really no talks about him going in fact the negotiations talks progressing well

Says who? All we know is talks are ongoing. Nobody reliable has said talks are going well. The fact we’re almost at the end of the window and he hasn’t signed tells you talks aren’t going well.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we need another mid because emery seem going with 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond. One think about this transfer it will limit Niles chances that I don't like

Ramsey, Xhaka, Torreira, Elneny, AMN & Guendouzi. I think that's enough.

If Ramsey leaves, I riot.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey, Xhaka, Torreira, Elneny, AMN & Guendouzi. I think that's enough.

If Ramsey leaves, I riot.

I personally don’t think it would be that bad if he leaves in terms of the starting line up. Xhaka and Torreira with Özil in front of them and Mkhi and PEA either side. Then I’d sign a winger instead of a midfielder to replace Ramsey. I don’t really see the point to this if Ramsey stays or goes.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Says who? All we know is talks are ongoing. Nobody reliable has said talks are going well. The fact we’re almost at the end of the window and he hasn’t signed tells you talks aren’t going well.
Well the thing that give me hope he'll that Emery want him to be our key part in our midfield and want to build a team around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom