• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andre Onana

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
The Emi/Leno debate is so tedious. You can't sell a player if you don't have a buyer. We had a buyer for Emi, we didn't have one for Leno. Emi didn't want to stay if he wasn't guaranteed no 1. It's pretty simple.
tedious indeed - it's in serious danger of reaching the tediousness of the £40k+£1 epic Suarez discussion

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Theres that, but also keeping Leno for 1 more year and then bringing Onana in Feb to acclimatise ready to take over the following season for Leno to then be sold when he has a year left. He is a 35 million pound keeper that we could likely get for 2 million. It's a heck of a deal.
Probably the only way it makes sense. I can't see a German club paying a big fee for Leno but with one year left we are likely to take a much lower fee. I'd just be concerned in such a scenario they we are keeping an unhappy player as first choice.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Probably the only way it makes sense. I can't see a German club paying a big fee for Leno but with one year left we are likely to take a much lower fee. I'd just be concerned in such a scenario they we are keeping an unhappy player as first choice.

I believe that Leno wants to leave, but I also think fans slightly misunderstand the nature of football sometimes, a lot of the time for many players it's just a job. Leno lives in London on a very good salary, if his boss tells him "listen just stay another year and leave next year" he's not going to throw his toys out the pram, he's an adult, he'll just continue doing his job another year. He'll still be first choice.

In terms of the "big names" I can see scenarios where we find a buyer for Xhaka, Bellerin and maybe Lacazette this summer, I don't see a scenario where we find a buyer for Leno. Not enough teams actually need a keeper, and the ones who do aren't going to offer a transfer fee plus wages for him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
All for this.. a new #1 would be great and this is a bargain from the looks of it.

Reactions: A_G

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Theres that, but also keeping Leno for 1 more year and then bringing Onana in Feb to acclimatise ready to take over the following season for Leno to then be sold when he has a year left. He is a 35 million pound keeper that we could likely get for 2 million. It's a heck of a deal.
Agree would be a very intelligent piece of business if they think this guy improves us

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
this is will be top signing he clearly better than leno and for minimal fee make it even better the only worry is he not been training for long time might affect his performance but thankfully he GK and not outfielder.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Why is he better than Leno btw? Any fans of his care to explain?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Why is he better than Leno btw? Any fans of his care to explain?
According to many pundits ajax fans he is better than leno with his feets and he quicker to lunch the ball alot of Ajax fans even said he is better passer than most of our defenders 😂. look like Leno is leaving soon too we not seem going to renew his contract.

Latest posts

Top Bottom