• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andreas Isaksson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olofski

Arsenal linked with Isaksson

In todays Aftonbladet reports are saying that PSV Eindhoven is interested in Swedish no. 1 keeper Andreas Isaksson. By the end of the article it also says that French side Rennes has a soft-spot for him and that Arsenal are keeping an eye on him. Isaksson is a very very good keeper and he was playing for the Juventus youth team when he was 17. Today he´s playing for Swedish side Djurgården and he´ll definateley be our keeper in EURO 2004. Personally I would love to see Isaksson in Arsenal.

Swedish link
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/sto ... 56,00.html

Adam

Established Member
Great scouting work Olofski.

Same club as Shaaban was bought from. Swedish number one? Must be decent. Rennes lost Cech to Chelsea, and would be looking at a quality replacement for him.

patrick42uk

Established Member
good little keeper isaksson. like olofski said, used to play for juventus which is testament to his natural ability. he and kallstrom were the stand out players at djurgadens. would be a decent buy. young as well.

Olofski

Cheers!

Isaksson was injured and Djurgården no 2 Rami Shaaban stepped up and was very impressing when Isaksson got back Shaaban was again no 2 but somehow he ended up in Arsenal and made a short but impressive Arsenal-career :D

BTW Isaksson is 22 or something so he´s got the best way ahead of him!!!

Ak

GoonerGurjit said:
Another summer beckons when we're going to linked with virtually every goalkeeper around.

my thoughts exactly, though from wot Wengers been saying lately, i doubt we will buy a first choice keeper.

nosneb

if u think about it, getting isaksson actually makes sense (if he is as good as advertised)
lehmann has, at the most, maybe 2 or 3 seasons left in him at the top level.. as such isaksson could be bought as an understudy first.. tat being said, if we were to go for a young keeper like isaksson, it would be a damnning indictment of wenger's confidence in taylor and stack and would probably spell the end for either one of them.. or both!

A

Anonymous

Im sure we tryed to sign this guy before he went to Juve, but we lost out and got Manninger instead.

Paden

The keeper I want the most! He´s gunner be the top 10 in the world... at least!

I think even Henry would welcome him even though they had a little chat in a friendly game.. :)

A keeper for many years to come, that isnt a AW-type of signing though....

A

Anonymous

Oh god yes please.
It's a bullshit non-story though.

Vavagoon,
in the France v Sweden friendly game a couple months back, Henry kicked Isakson in the ribs and a couple of times on the arm. (all un-intentional of course) So Isackson lashed out at him.
Since then Titi labeled him a ''girl'' because of his *****y-like reaction.
Titi just shrugged it off though.

A

Anonymous

Oh god yes please.
It's a bullshit non-story though.

Vavagoon,
in the France v Sweden friendly game a couple months back, Henry kicked Isakson in the ribs and a couple of times on the arm. (all un-intentional of course) So Isackson lashed out at him.
Since then Titi labeled him a ''girl'' because of his *****y-like reaction.
Titi just shrugged it off though.
Oh right lol, I was obviously the last to know on this board, but cheers Stefano now I am enlightened 8)

Paden

He has had talent in his whole life. He played in Juventus as a teenager but couldnt take a starting place because Buffon is quite a keeper... When he come back to Sweden he won two allsvenska (Swedens highest league) gold and took a regular place in the national team. A great great talent and I really hope we get him. Way more talent than Frey ever has... Hildebrant or Isak, one of those or nobody at all! Not some f*g crap this time AW!

KingReyes

Established Member
Really like this guy. From what I have seen of him he looks like a type of keeper Wenger would go for. He is tall and tends to come out well for crosses, something it seems Wenger is keen on.

AFCG7

Established Member
I am hoping we are trying to get him.. of all the keepers we have been linked with so far he is the best. If we have made contact with Rennes with a view towards signing him we should try to wrap this deal up as soon as possible.
We wont get a chance at him next season, by them he'll be snapped up by some other side.

Arjan

AFCG7 said:
I am hoping we are trying to get him.. of all the keepers we have been linked with so far he is the best. If we have made contact with Rennes with a view towards signing him we should try to wrap this deal up as soon as possible.
We wont get a chance at him next season, by them he'll be snapped up by some other side.

to make it a win-win situation for us, we could offer them cygan :wink:

A

Anonymous

KingReyes said:
Really like this guy. From what I have seen of him he looks like a type of keeper Wenger would go for. He is tall and tends to come out well for crosses, something it seems Wenger is keen on.
Wenger NEVER goes for tall keepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom