• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin (Out)

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: Arshavin

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
In Ligue 2 when he didn't want to goto Reading for 6months? I doubt it
Right now he's on the bench by the end of season he will be in Ligue 1 and earning bucket load of money with regular football

Bourne

Established Member

Sounds odd. He wasn't willing to move to Reading, yet he's willing to consider going to Monaco.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

As I understand Arshavin stayed long enough in England to get his citizenship or whatever. The other reason he stayed was family and I think he is having issues there as well so perhaps that is why he is considering things that he wasn't before...

leo_ense

Established Member

baccy_man said:
Monaco has got much better weather than the uk and is a millionaires playground,

Don't forget the women. Andrei is a good times guy and I'm sure he will have fun in Monaco.

Bourne

Established Member

Lol, the only reason I brought up Reading was due to his apparent need to stay in or within close proximity of London. So in that sense it bewildered me as to why he turned down Reading, but was considering Monaco. :p

a_fourteen

Established Member

no one will buy arshavin at his current wages. it would be a very stupid thing to do. we will not be able to move him in the life of his contract.

Pies

a_fourteen said:
no one will buy arshavin at his current wages. it would be a very stupid thing to do. we will not be able to move him in the life of his contract.

Yeah obviously he will be difficult as he is on good wages and hasn't exactly impressed for a while, not many wanting to take a chance on him, but I could see some rich Russian wanting to bring him in. Although you would think that some Russian club would already have made a push to sign him I suppose.

Monaco is probably just transfer gossip, but doesn't really seem too far off with a rich Russian owner and wanting to get a few "names" in and get promoted. Just had a look, didn't know Ranieri was the manager there now.

Goon_si

Luckly he only has 6 months left on his contract, so i don't really care where or when he goes. Same for Squillaci.

If they leave now, GREAT! If not, at the end of June they will be gone.

Mudi

a_fourteen said:

As I already mentioned:

Monaco is tax free. That means that Arshavin need to earn 50k euros a week @Monaco does he want to match his £80k/week @Arsenal. He would cost Monaco only 2.6 million euros a year (compared to the £4.16m @Arsenal)!

Another reason would be that they have a Russian owner @Monaco

A third reason would be that he already got his British citizenship this year. That's what he wanted and therefore, he didn't move abroad.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Sad to see him go because of what could have been, but he really should go.

Bossa

Established Member

Right now I would let him go for peanuts. I'm quite that Wenger won't use him anymore for the rest of the seasons. Why are there no takers?

goonerwarsh

Established Member

Bossa said:
Right now I would let him go for peanuts. I'm quite that Wenger won't use him anymore for the rest of the seasons. Why are there no takers?

Because he's fat, unmotivated and getting old would be my guess ;-)

evoh_1

Established Member

Monaco would be perfect for him to cruise into the end of his career, he has lost all interest in arsenal and the EPL.

As stated Monaco can eaily pay him and the sell is a lot better than a permannt move down the M4 to yoyo team reading where he will be asked to do a shift just like here.

jerome2158

Established Member

Monaco really would be a perfect fit for him. I didn't know about the tax situation there. Almost makes you wonder why it isn't a more popular destination for players on the brink of retirement.

I'll still be a little sad to see arsh go though, whenever he does. The last few years haven't had too many great moments, but his 4 goals at anfield and that goal against Barcelona really stick out.

Pies

jerome2158 said:
I'll still be a little sad to see arsh go though, whenever he does. The last few years haven't had too many great moments, but his 4 goals at anfield and that goal against Barcelona really stick out.

I agree, that Liverpool game was amazing...great performance by him a shame we didn't win. From my memory I remember that he really didn't do much in the game other than score 4 goals. Great stuff. :lol:

VancouverCanuck

I still have fond memories of his first year and a half here. There was an anticipation that he would do something magical in every match. It's sad how quickly he has faded since.

Top Bottom