• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin (Out)

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
GDeep said:
Didn't live up to expectations, he was supposed to be a game changer signing - and he was for 6 months, but after that he didn't do enough. A fail signing for me.

Yes, he hit decent numbers, but those as standard when you play in a Wenger team.

Yes he didn't live up to expectations, but he certainly wasn't a failure.

He was very efficient early on in his time here and as posters above have pointed out, played an important role in a lot of big games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
His 09/10 season was good too he played as striker when we had an injury crisis at that time and he done very well.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
which arsenal fan can forget this goal
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2mxzmVvdg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2mxzmVvdg</a>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Thanks for the moments of genius, but this was a disappointing transfer overall. Could have done so much more.

Thanks for the winner against Barca and the 4 against Liverpool, as well as the CL in '09.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arshavin
08/09 - 6 Goals, 10 Assist (Came in January)
09/10 - 12 Goals, 9 Assist
10/11 - 10 Goals, 18 Assist
11/12 - 3 Goals, 4 Assist
12/13 - 1 Goals, 6 Assist

Not a great signing but he kept us in the CL and saved our skin for 2 months when all 3 of our strikers were injured

k24bfan

Arshavin had some great moments but the signing overall was a failure. It is sad because he had the talent but he was lazy and lacked mental strength. Hope he can retire after playing in another league.

jerome2158

Established Member
He should have left more than a year ago. For his own sake.

I really liked him, and he provided us with some of our greatest moments in recent history. But by the end of last season it was clear that he no longer had a place here. I think he should have been a short-term fix right from the start.

But honestly, who will ever forget "still nasri.....looks for ArshaAAAAAAAAVIN" and for that moment of pure joy, I thank him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
redanddread said:
Shame it never worked out longer because this guy had magic in his feet. Can't remember him scoring an "ugly" goal and was one of a few players in recent times who really had an eye for a pass.

As many have said, who can forget his 4 goals at Anfield, his goal against Barca and one of my favourites, his rocket at OT.

His demise was painful to watch but he really was one player that I loved to watch when he was on.

His goal at OT was great indeed, lets fly out of absolutely nowhere. Another cracker that needs mentioning is his 5th goal at Anfield in his 2nd match there, "Andrei Arshavin at Anfield again... and I don't care if you got three Pepe Reinas in goal, you're not saving that!" :lol:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
His Jan-May performances after signing were immense. His 4 goals at Anfield and that goal vs Barca the other year are all highlights of his stint here.

At the end of the day, at some point he will look back and think he could have done better he. And we'll look back thinking the same. So, more lows then highs, but those highs were high indeed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The failure was buying Europes must dangerous support striker and playing him on the wing. We could of and should have got so much more out of Arshavin. Wish him luck in the future.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
truth_hurts said:
The failure was buying Europes must dangerous support striker and playing him on the wing. We could of and should have got so much more out of Arshavin. Wish him luck in the future.

couldn't agree more, when fabregas left he should have been given a free role behind RvP.

People say fabregas was our most creative player, however I firmly believe Arshavin vision is the best we've had at the club since DB10. Arshavin could sloth a pass through on goal which on one else on the pitch could see.

Despite the latter part of his arsenal career tailing off, he has given us some the best memories since leaving highbury.

Hope he can kick start his career again

arsmile

Established Member
I think he was really unlucky to be completely shut out- plenty of players manage to not be in the first 11 but still contribute.

but at our club that tends not to happen- from arsh/nik/vela/chamakh...there are more- as a soon as an attacking player is dropped from the 11 he is dropped from the squad...

a real shame how it ended but got great memories of him as a player for us

Top Bottom