• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3049980,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/ ... 80,00.html</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/15/Premier-League-Arsenal-and-Sp**s-in-for-Arshavin/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/N ... -Arshavin/</a>

Good player, but do we really need another playmaker type?

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Yeah, we do. We're well set up top, but when Cesc and/or Hleb are out of the lineup, it feels like we struggle to create chances. I've only seen clips of Arshavin, but he looks good to me.

Jameel46

Established Member
solid player, can play on the wings, central or behind the strikers. wouldn't be a bad buy if he's being bought for the wings

Glovegun

Established Member
I was always sceptical when we kept on getting linked to lightweight, central playmakers, but I keep on being proved wrong by them.

So...no we don't need him ;)

Lord Dula

Established Member
He's looked strong everytime I've seen him play. Looks to have a good attitude too.

Would be happy enough with this.

Legend#1

Established Member
Seen him once.

Russia vs England.

He was the best player on the pitch, his touch was first class, and everything went through him.

Mostarac

Established Member
Zenit`s best player by far, strange that Kerzhakov went to Europe before he did. Would not mind to see him here to be honest.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
I said in the Modric thread that Arshavin would be an alternative if we where out priced.

I really hope we get him. Outstanding footballer.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
I said in the Modric thread that Arshavin would be an alternative if we where out priced.

I really hope we get him. Outstanding footballer.
I said the same thing in the Mordric thread in the lobby a while back as well.

I've only seen him play for Russia a couple of times, but every time I've seen him play I've been impressed. The first time I saw him play I said to myself " this guy belongs at Arsenal and what is he still doing at the Russian League ". I said the same about Mordric though, and we all know how that ended.

Anyhow we need another creative player as cover for Fabregas, Hleb and Rosicky, and Arshavin would be great. I'm hopeful over this, but I don't really expect it to happen.

Jameel46

Established Member
looks like many fans of arshavin here, he is the type of football player that football fans can't help but like his style. we do need a solid player to fill in when rosicky is injured.

but unfortunately there's no solid, reliable link between us and Arshavin. and you're right 'Famous no. 10' it is a great name.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
As everyone mentioned...Fantastic footballer, I think a lot of these players from eastern europe dont get the credit they deserve but wait until euro 08

Anyway, arshavin reminds me of malouda(who we should of got), very solid player that has natural width on the left, stability and great teamwork along with versatility

If he comes, he'll bring some injection we have lacked a few weeks but if not good luck to him, not if he goes Sp**s that is

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
As everyone mentioned...Fantastic footballer, I think a lot of these players from eastern europe dont get the credit they deserve but wait until euro 08

Anyway, arshavin reminds me of malouda(who we should of got), very solid player that has natural width on the left, stability and great teamwork along with versatility

If he comes, he'll bring some injection we have lacked a few weeks but if not good luck to him, not if he goes Sp**s that is
The times I have seen Arshavin play he had more of a central (AM) role, much like Rosicky and Hleb in their respective national sides.If we sign him, we could easily turn him into a winger though.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hard to see us signing another playmaker type of striker. can he play midfield?

his name does suit ARSenal though

Sammer

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Yeah, we do. We're well set up top, but when Cesc and/or Hleb are out of the lineup, it feels like we struggle to create chances.

We don't need another central playmaker. We have Rosicky and (and a bit more defensive orientated) Denilson.

In your logic you'd have to have 5 covers for each position...doesn't make any sense at all.

We need to strengthen the positions with more fragile cover -such as RM or even LM.

Jameel46

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
hard to see us signing another playmaker type of striker. can he play midfield?

his name does suit ARSenal though

think he's much like Rosicky, but he mainly plays behind the strikers, but also able to play out wide and in the centre.

Nyingmeh

I don't want a player who can play in the wings. I want a Winger - Someone who can play ONLY in the wings. That's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom