• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Andrei Arshavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

M+D

Established Member
Re: Arshavin back in the Rags

jay-d said:
Merida+Denilson said:
http://new.talksport.net/channels/index.asp?id=105234&c=100000&t=sport

This was the interview I referred to this morning, so have a listen, its interesting stuff as the agent was actually involved in the deal.

What's the gist of the interview?

Talksport's site has crashed for me now but from what I remember what he said is this:

- Arshavin has signed.
- Premier League questioning the timing of the paperwork, shouldn't be any issues.
- No problems Arsenal's end, but Zenit struggled to get paperwork done becaue one director is in hospital, another in Somalia, another runs Gazprom etc.
- Had to go above call of duty, which indeed Arsenal did
- "Quite some player"
- He (the agent) was going to meet up with Arshavin later (yesterday night)
- Arshavin left wearing his new Arsenal shirt like any fan.

Kenyonhater

The Russian FA have said everything was sent on time yesterday from their end. Apparently, they responded to the request for paperwork within sixty seconds. They were waiting for the call.

A poster on Gunnerblog rang the FA posing as a journo to corroborate the Bevington quotes. The response was that it is the Premier League ratifying the deal and it's FA policy never to comment on such matters until a decision has been made and the clubs informed so they would be amazed if Bevington made those comments.

Another poster "heavily connected to Arsenal, close to the workings of the transfer and wishing to allay our fears" said it was merely a matter of trawling through 50 pages of documents and we should hear an announcement by 7pm tonight.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sports.ru%2Ffootball%2F6848558.html&sl=ru&tl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... l=ru&tl=en</a>

XRF time sent Arshavin Transfer Certificate in London
Managers of the Russian Football Union sent the International Transfer Certificate forward «Zenit» Andrei Arshavin in the Football Association of England on 2 February at 23.53 Moscow time. The statement was made by the head of the Department of XRF for the competition Sergey Kulikov.

After 60 seconds of international Arshavin Transfer certificate was already in London », - quotes Koulikova« Soviet sport ».

Alfonso

Established Member

I wouldnt be suprised if we are sat here this time tomorrow being none the wiser. By the rate this transfer saga has gone even if he does eventually play for us some may have some doubts about the legitimacy of the deal! Ive watched football for over 15 years and this is the longest, most drawn out, bizarre and epic transfer I have ever witnessed. This makes me think that Arshavin will either be the biggest flop of all time or an Arsenal legend.

Seriously though, if there is no news by tomorrow morning then something odd is definitely up. No transfer I can remember has been delayed like this. It makes me wonder if my conspiracy theory that this is a PR exercise organised by Zenith, Sky Sports News and Arsène Wenger is actually true!

GunneDown

USArsenal said:
another "in the know" person, eh? :roll:

haha... there are so many peopl eon here that know something....

They are all full of **** and jsut look at websites like we do....

Cocks.

baccy_man

Established Member

what a fiasco this has been well past the deadline and still we don't know if he has made the transfer or not.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

USArsenal said:
Thommyboy, what does any of that actually mean?
What somebody said few posts before that was the source of that info.
That Russian FA sent Arshavin's papers on time.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Gunnerblog just updated. the 50-50 is fake

M+D

Established Member

Andrei Arshavin has been attacked for wanting a move to Arsenal – because only “thieves” and “fugitive oligarchs” go to England.

The blast came from Russian politician Vladimir Zhirinovsky, leader of the ultra-nationalist Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, on the party’s official website.

Arshavin, a key player in the Russian national side, is still waiting for confirmation that his £12million transfer from Zenit St Petersburg to Arsenal has gone through.

But Zhirinovsky is one man who will be hoping the deal collapses.

Zhirinovsky’s message to Arshavin reads: “Andy, you are wrong – why did you sell yourself to an English club?

“Now you will bring good feelings to England. England brings our country only harm. They have incited revolutionary feelings all over the world.

“Our thieves run there and our fugitive oligarchs who took Russia’s money hide themselves there.

“If you’ve had enough of playing for Zenit, there are a lot of other clubs like Spartak, CSKA, Dinamo, Lokomotiv. Think again Andryusha!”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/02/03/andrei-arshavin-told-not-to-join-thieves-in-england-by-russian-politician-115875-21094564/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... -21094564/</a>

:lol:

Alfonso

Established Member

Clrnc said:
Gunnerblog just updated. the 50-50 is fake

I just read it. The author goes on to say: "The official line from the Premier League, meanwhile, is that there are still several transfers pending approval - of which Arshavin is one".

What transfers? John Smith from Brentford to Bradford City? Give me a break.

number_0

Established Member

Advert at the bottom of the pages

"looking for new ways to stretch your pennies?"

nearly clicked the link.

Viking

USArsenal said:
Thommyboy, what does any of that actually mean?

It means that if they forwarded the papers at 23:53 (or 11:53 pm) Moscow Time, it would have been 20:53 in London (or 8:53 pm).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom