• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anfield

seb_afc

Established Member
Thinking back to whenever we play at anfield, it has occured to me that it is always a turning point in our season. just think of the number of times we have played at anfield and have been successfull and have gone on to win the league but when we loose we dont win the league. look at 89 when we won at anfield therefore winning the league. we lost loads of games at anfield before the wenger years and therefore won **** all in the league. when we did win the league and this being our only exception, we got thumped 4-0. however after that whenever we have won at anfield we have gone on to win the league and when we dont well...our season has fallen apart. i.e 2002/2003 when we threw it away in the last minute and this season when of course the same thing happened only we lost instead of drew. now is there really a pattern or is it just me being a superstitious prat?

sabret00the

Established Member
liverpool for me growing up were our biggest rivals, do i think they're the alpha and omega of our season though, hell no i just think that when we play them at home it tends to be a reflection of our season rather than a benchmark.

Bader

asajoseph said:
We lost that game...
We're playing them at home on sunday...
:eek:ops: Oops how i forgot Mellor's :x last minute goal

:p anyway we are gonna win the FA cup againts the Mancs

Mark

Established Member
Going to Anfield is always a big test, for us it's been a test of our title credentials over the years. I find there are certain games we do well in when we end up winning the league, Liverpool away is one of them. Last season, very poor display, but out of nowhere we won the game. 01/02, down to ten men, but brilliant character to win against all odds.

JazzG

Established Member
I still remember anfield in the 02/03 season, I have never seen us play like we did in that first half. Liverpool were a good side but we ****ing raped them in that first half, you could hear a pin drop at Anfield at half time and even Fergie left early probably because he couldn't believe how much we were battering them but that match was the story of our season, got ourselves into good positions, didn't take our chances and the defense let us down, kinda like this season as well :?

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom