• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ante Rebic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocrodile

He's got it all, still a level he could go up to really, his physicality suits the Premier League to a T and he could be had for a not obscenely big amount.

He'd fit in well considering we don't have a lot of hard-men in our team.

Kovač introduced him to the NT, Bayern seems the logical destination with Robben and Ribbery getting older, though coupled with the fact that Bayern get first dibs on every German-leagues talent.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Normally a transfer for midtable clubs like Newcastle or Watford and surely not for around €40m.

Nobody talked about him in Germany before the DFB Pocal Final, where he surely had his game of the life so far. Then okay performances for Croatia, nothing special.

6 goals and 3 assists last season and it was his best so far and he isn't a talent anymore with 24.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Normally a transfer for midtable clubs like Newcastle or Watford and surely not for around €40m.

Nobody talked about him in Germany before the DFB Pocal Final, where he surely had his game of the life so far. Then okay performances for Croatia, nothing special.

6 goals and 3 assists last season and it was his best so far and he isn't a talent anymore with 24.

Agreed. Even though I think he is a very very decent player, he never will hit those heights of the world's best.
Too limited in terms of footballing IQ and technique, but nonetheless, up to a maximum of 30m, in today's market, would be okay as he offers a lot of steel and terrific speed.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Not an extraordinary player, but very useful to have in the squad. At 20-25M it would be a shrewd buy, but think he'll be much more expensive than that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Much rather lightening than just quick.

Something to be said for a winger with low centre of gravity over tall strong one as well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
He's better than what he shown yesterday, he played with a blocked neck, the tough ****.
I've watched more than just his performances in the World Cup. Not saying I disagree with all of these qualities being mentioned in this thread, e.g. "hardass", "tough ****", etc, he's just not the type of winger we need.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Definitely want him here. Speed, unbelievable acceleration, agility, scoring ability, a nasty streak, and while not a technically delicate dribbler absolutely solid and able to beat his man. If you want a winger to go into 1vs1 and beat defenders, he's your man. Reminds me of Son with his relentless drive to attack the box with his speed and shooting, and that guy has caused Arsenal serious probs over the years.

Nobody talked about him in Germany before the DFB Pocal Final, where he surely had his game of the life so far.

That's not true. People around me always had Rebic on their cards, he's looked lively all season and was a core player in Kovac's SGE system.

People saying he's not a talent anymore at 24, I think he's just a late bloomer - it still happens in football, too. His stats don't look too good but I've got a feeling he's ready to up his level consistently. One of Frankfurt's best performers over the whole season, not just for the DFB Cup final, now doing decent for Croatia, always a dangerous outlet for them.

For 25m €, maybe even 30, he could be a very useful player down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom