• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ante Rebic

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Definitely want him here. Speed, unbelievable acceleration, agility, scoring ability, a nasty streak, and while not a technically delicate dribbler absolutely solid and able to beat his man. If you want a winger to go into 1vs1 and beat defenders, he's your man. Reminds me of Son with his relentless drive to attack the box with his speed and shooting, and that guy has caused Arsenal serious probs over the years.
I must be blind because I’ve not seen any of the 1-v-1 qualities from him.

But if Mislintat and Emery want him, then so be it.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I must be blind because I’ve not seen any of the 1-v-1 qualities from him.

But if Mislintat and Emery want him, then so be it.

1vs1 is not only about dribbling past guys, it's getting past guys - whether you do that with technical skill or speed is yada yada. I'd much rather have a speedy, direct guy with good control than some sort of Neymar ball magician, look where his 1vs1 dribbling "skillz" got him in the World Cup - falling over his own feet and losing the ball, similar to Alexis when he got to egotistical and clever with his dribbling. Flair looks nice but so so often a foot in there solves the problem, while with a body feint and speed you can get so much further.

Just look at Douglas Costa, someone a lot of people would love at Arsenal. He's definitely got a lot more in his technical locker than Rebic and much quicker feet, but usually he doesn't dribble past and through myriads of players with flashy tricks and whatnot, he mostly uses his brain, control and speed. Sure, he sprinkles in his flashiness and quick feet and it's what elevates him above Rebic, but the Croat is still able to get past opponents.

A quick, physical, direct winger who as much drives towards the box as to the touchline. Seems fitting to me.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
He would make an amazing attacking wingback, but at Arsenal we just need that final ball which he sorely lacks.

Divided_Pie

I'll need to re-watch the game but I don't remember seeing exceptional quickness/acceleration/speed

I noticed he probably should have gotten two yellows before the first half ended, and that he didn't have a lot of skill

I could see him maybe as a hard-working wingback, as ThlRama mentioned, if we went to a back 3, dependent on his crossing ability, which I didn't see

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Nah, average headless chicken... sure he is strong and a warrior but not good offensively. Perisic is so much better. I don’t like him for us. I prefer better technical players at wings but I am not the DT so lets see what will happen

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Btw the Croatian DM is the man I would like as a shield for the team if we only play one DM and 2 CM or CM/CAM . He covers a lot of field for Rakitic and Modric like a god. 120 min and he was still running and running

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Wasnt impressed tbh lost his head too.
Had that ridiculous challenge against Argentina as well:
NINTCHDBPICT000415134155-e1529608815702.jpg

Crocrodile

Worst one of the World cup

That wasn't even in the top 5 of worst tackles from that game, you muppets :lol::lol::lol: It was a dirty game from both sides, moreso from Argentina.

Ashley Young's challenge was probably the worst challenge + he dove afterwards.

Hopefully Rebić shows his quality vs France, time for Hernandez to experience some abuse.

Eduardo_da_Silva

I
How do you know he has no technique?

I think his goal against Argentina showed great technique.
Its not that he doesnt have technique, its that his technique isnt top level. I had a chance to watch him alot and he is alot like Ivica Olic if You remember him. He fights and fights, and gets rewarded for fighting and running alot and at high speed. His dribble and his finishing arent exactly the best, but in certain systems he could be very useful. He is tailormade for Atletico or similar physical teams but I dont think he would be useful here.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I

Its not that he doesnt have technique, its that his technique isnt top level. I had a chance to watch him alot and he is alot like Ivica Olic if You remember him. He fights and fights, and gets rewarded for fighting and running alot and at high speed. His dribble and his finishing arent exactly the best, but in certain systems he could be very useful. He is tailormade for Atletico or similar physical teams but I dont think he would be useful here.

I think with his profile he would be very useful. Basically a Welbeck with more pace and finishing ability. He reminds me of Son, who's also not that much of a fine technician, albeit he's got good control and is quite tidy with the ball, more so than Rebic - but I till think the Croatian might be a late bloomer with still a level in him.

Right now it's an out and out striker (Auba), a sort of hard working secondary striker who can't score (Welbeck), a 10 (Özil) and another rather inverted, playmaking guy (Mkhitaryan) as options for the wing. While Rebic might not be a classic, classic winger, he's more in that mold than the others mentioned. He might not be an outstanding player with superior technique, but I think with his pace, workrate, directness, physical power and finishing he could at times add another facet to the game, especially if the style changes toward a more direct and pressing oriented game.

If he's available at 20 to 25m € I'd much rather have him than Perez or Campbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom