• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ante Rebic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Sh1t bump ffs

This a bit more to your liking?

“I am very happy about the success of Ante Rebic with the Croatian national team,” Bobic [Eintracht Frankfurt DoF] is quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror.

“The players and the coaching team are watching the World Cup games together in the training camp in the USA and, of course, are especially excited about Ante.

“So far, there are no offers available and we’re planning a steady season with Ante Rebic for the new season.

“Of course we know that a lot can happen when a big club makes an offer. We cannot compete economically with the big ones, but that’s nothing new.”

Checked for german sources and the quotes are true. Apparently no one has bid for him yet, but as of the nature of the business Frankfurt is open to sell.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Need our drug addled Eintracht Frankfurt ultra @jones to chime in here.
You're thinking of Jury mate. He's the one abusing detergents because he can't afford a decent high

Rebic is top ****ing drawer. He's eerily reminiscent of Diego Costa during his years at Rayo, Valladolid etc and while it's almost a shame to lose his ridiculous work rate, stamina and pace on the wing it's probably worth it to move him centrally eventually, it's where he played vs Bayern in the cup final and he promptly scored a brace and singlehandedly brings the first trophy to Frankfurt in 30 years.

Now **** off he's not for sale.

Last edited:

Toby

https://www.transfermarkt.de/rebic-...enz-wird-an-ablose-beteiligt/view/news/314190

Transfermarkt report via Alfredo Pedulla that Rebic's agent Fali Ramadani, who's apparently tight knit with Pedulla and feeds him intel, is in Munich to negotiate a deal for the player with FC Bayern.

Via Sport Bild the article mentions Frankfurt want 50m €, with Manchester United also interested. 30% of any fee are supposedly going to Fiorentina.

Bayern's big ace is new manager Niko Kovac, the sort of mentor under whom Rebic flourished at Frankfurt, who's already alluded to wanting Bayern to sign him, saying he could help any team.

So that's Ante Rebic off to Bayern, probably.

Toby

Fvcking bayern!!!

Back to poaching the Bundesliga...Rebic, Goretzka, Pavard.

Gnabry coming back from his loan to Hoffenheim. Wagner and Rudy last winter/summer from Hoffe.

I seriously don't understand this club's attractiveness. Domestically it's a stale wellness oasis - they're miles ahead of any national competition barring little stings like this season by Frankfurt (and instantly they poach their best player...). You fill your trophy cabinet but rot away in a little bavarian microcosm. Internationally, they can't challenge for the CL realistically, you just end up in the competition ever year. I don't get how young players deem going there a sort of challenge.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Gnabry coming back from his loan to Hoffenheim. Wagner and Rudy last winter/summer from Hoffe.

I seriously don't understand this club's attractiveness. Domestically it's a stale wellness oasis - they're miles ahead of any national competition barring little stings like this season by Frankfurt (and instantly they poach their best player...). You fill your trophy cabinet but rot away in a little bavarian microcosm. Internationally, they can't challenge for the CL realistically, you just end up in the competition ever year. I don't get how young players deem going there a sort of challenge.
I dont know why they all sell to them. Sell abroad make more money and weaken bayern.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Fvcking bayern!!!

Frankfurt want to use the situation and want to get a big fee for him. No way Bayern is so stupid and will pay around €40m for a player like Rebic. Would be nice if they would do that, because the reaction from Bayern Fans after the rumour was already briliant.

From Guardiola to Kovac.
From Sammer to Salihamidzic.
From Robben and Ribery at their peak to Gnabry + Rebic.

That would be awesome. Surely still good enough to win the Bundesliga easily, but nowhere close to a Top 4 Team at Europe, if Hoeneß will continue like this.

Bundesliga is losing their attraction more and more, the last big star is James probably.

Toby

I dont know why they all sell to them. Sell abroad make more money and weaken bayern.

Unfortunately it's the players who want to join Bayern. If they don't want to go abroad, clubs nowadays can't do much.

From Guardiola to Kovac.

I'm not too sure Kovac is such a dud as made out by some. Think he could suprise a few people.

On the other hand...

These are clear steps down. Bayern seriously struggle to transition their squad away from the 2013 CL winners. Never were able to replace Schweinsteiger and Lahm, which kinda shows how great these two were.

Gnabry and Rebic are useful players and I feel both can still take a step up, but Ribery and Robben were worldclass at their peak. Both absolutely electric players.

I think Rummenigge and especially Hoeneß are slowly losing the plot in their bid to stay all powerful and beyond their best used date.

Keeping a sulking and satisfied Lewandowski for so long instead of selling him for a massive profit and going for someone like Icardi might be their next big mistake. In this light, binning a ever more injury prone and slowly declining Boateng and signing Pavard would actually make sense. Then there's serious deadwood like Rafinha and Bernat. The big money flop Renato Sanches. An out of form and sort of apathetic Müller. The budget Lahm Kimmich.

I like Kovac but if Bayern decline over the next few season for a failure to reinvent the squad, it would only be good for the league.

Last edited:

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Frankfurt want to use the situation and want to get a big fee for him. No way Bayern is so stupid and will pay around €40m for a player like Rebic. Would be nice if they would do that, because the reaction from Bayern Fans after the rumour was already briliant.

From Guardiola to Kovac.

That would be awesome. Surely still good enough to win the Bundesliga easily, but nowhere close to a Top 4 Team at Europe, if Hoeneß will continue like this.

Bundesliga is losing their attraction more and more, the last big star is James probably.

An agent on holiday at this time of the year :confused:

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
You're thinking of Jury mate. He's the one abusing detergents because he can't afford a decent high

Rebic is top ****ing drawer. He's eerily reminiscent of Diego Costa during his years at Rayo, Valladolid etc and while it's almost a shame to lose his ridiculous work rate, stamina and pace on the wing it's probably worth it to move him centrally eventually, it's where he played vs Bayern in the cup final and he promptly scored a brace and singlehandedly brings the first trophy to Frankfurt in 30 years.

Now **** off he's not for sale.
welcome back, you are sorely missed.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Where does that leave us.. We're not even in the champs league and barely get past the group stages when we are... only to get spanked by that unattractive club..

Toby

Where does that leave us.. We're not even in the champs league and barely get past the group stages when we are... only to get spanked by that unattractive club..
I would rather join Arsenal or any other club with a challenge than do it the wellness Bayern way. I think winning the BL with any other team just once is worth more than 5 times with Bayern.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Appreciated but I don't think I'll be posting here a lot in the future despite the neat new layout, the pop-ups and ads everywhere make this place unbearable especially posting on the phone.

I access on my MacBook Pro and never had a bit of problem until recently when they did something to make it better for people who were complaining. The ads were neatly contained on the right hand side. Very unobtrusive. Browsing the forum was quick and easy. Now there are ads right at the bottom of posts, sometimes the screen gets taken over by ads and, most annoyingly, ads will load and cause the screen the jump around. Half the time when I come here I click into the wrong thread because the thing jumps around on me. Much more difficult than it was a few months ago.

I'm not going to download a program to block ads. They have their own problems. They can interfere with certain sites. And they actually reduce income for a lot of websites where the site is paid for page clicks, not just ad clicks. So I'll just bear with it, I suppose. Whatever changed created a bit of a mess for me, but seems to have made it better for others.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I access on my MacBook Pro and never had a bit of problem until recently when they did something to make it better for people who were complaining. The ads were neatly contained on the right hand side. Very unobtrusive. Browsing the forum was quick and easy. Now there are ads right at the bottom of posts, sometimes the screen gets taken over by ads and, most annoyingly, ads will load and cause the screen the jump around. Half the time when I come here I click into the wrong thread because the thing jumps around on me. Much more difficult than it was a few months ago.

I'm not going to download a program to block ads. They have their own problems. They can interfere with certain sites. And they actually reduce income for a lot of websites where the site is paid for page clicks, not just ad clicks. So I'll just bear with it, I suppose. Whatever changed created a bit of a mess for me, but seems to have made it better for others.
I wonder how much this forum would cost. We need an oil rich owner who doesn't need to profit from ads! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom