• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anthony Martial

Stannis

I can’t see us spending big on any forward unless the new manager decides he wants to sell lacazette

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Martial could be one of the best wide forwards in Europe at his peak and would be able to do a good job at striker too imo.

Not the level of player we can sign atm, feel like Auba was an exception but we'll see. A few years ago I would be confident of this happening.

He's better as a striker than LW.

Stannis

When you have options like Iwobi and Welbeck for the LW. Martial is an instant upgrade.

Both are squad players for us. Why would Martial leave the bench at United to go to the bench at Arsenal?

Who knows what next manager will do, but Lacazette wont be a bench player here either. Unless he is sold I dont know how we fit another big name forward.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Both are squad players for us. Why would Martial leave the bench at United to go to the bench at Arsenal?

Who knows what next manager will do, but Lacazette wont be a bench player here either. Unless he is sold I dont know how we fit another big name forward.

Both end up starting a lot of matches for us. Martial will be an instant started at this club.

Stannis

Both end up starting a lot of matches for us. Martial will be an instant started at this club.

We have only had PEA and MHK for less than half the season and off course PEA cant play Europa.

Now again the wild card is who the next manager is but even then we will have trouble fitting in PEA, MHK, Özil and Lacca as it is, let alone another star forward

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
We have only had PEA and MHK for less than half the season and off course PEA cant play Europa.

Now again the wild card is who the next manager is but even then we will have trouble fitting in PEA, MHK, Özil and Lacca as it is, let alone another star forward

In a season of 50+ games, having 5 attackers for 3 positions isn't much. Ever heard of rotation? All of them don't have to start every single game.

Stannis

In a season of 50+ games, having 5 attackers for 3 positions isn't much. Ever heard of rotation? All of them don't have to start every single game.

Yeah but that goes back my original premise that Martial ain't coming here to be a rotational player.

Neither will Özil, Lacca, PEA or MHK, all would expect to play everything bar league cup games and dead rubbers if fit.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Martial won't be in England if he was to leave UTD and really do not see him coming here after refusing to come before.

Our attack is pretty much sorted and like @Stannis mentioned, we aren't the type of team to have star players for rotation. We aren't that big of a club to be able to pacify a players ego. Martial is most likely Bayern bound and we are very unlikely going to be shipping off Lacazette who is a great striker. We have PEA, Lacazette, Özil and Mkhi for another 2~3 years before I see us moving onto other forwards.

Even in midfield, I see Xhaka keeping his starting role along with either Ramsey or a new CM. It's just our defence that needs changing with some good back up in midfield.

Could see us bringing in a GK before any other position.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Bayern have Muller, James and Coman. Does Martial start there? Unless they are selling Lewandowski (managed to connect him again to this topic!), I don't see how moving there is a good career move.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
His movement is wack and he constantly wants the ball at his feet.

Would be perfect in the same role we saw Welbz vs Atletico for us.

Wenger could've been his saving grace.

If its Jardim, he could be his saving grace as well.

Not what we need right now, as there are more pressing matters. But still a welcome addition.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We don't need Martial we have Lacazette and Aubameyang. Lets be honest Martial is a proper forward he isnt as suited to the wing as other more cheaper targets out there.

Mkhy and Özil are great players but do their best work through the middle, lets get some width to take the ball to the byline and stretch opponents. I trust whoever comes in as manager to see that (something I know Wenger wouldnt have)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No chance he’s coming here. Has 2 years left on his contract (United have an option to extend it until 2020) and he’ll have better options than Arsenal.

Bayern or Juve will get a bargain as usual and end up with him just so United stop another PL side getting him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Only Hazard is a better dribbler in this league. Would sign him for his feet alone but we have this two striker situation which I'm not even confident we'll fix.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom