• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antoine Griezmann

Sam the Duck

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/385913/Barcelona-to-rival-Tottenham-and-Arsenal-for-winger-Sebastian-Griezmann" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Griezmann</a>

PREMIER LEAGUE sides Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are set to go toe-to-toe with Spanish giants Barcelona in the battle for Real Sociedad star Antoine Griezmann this summer.

However, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is thought to be keen on bringing his compatriot to the Emirates, having first made enquiries for him when Real were in the Spanish second division.

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas is also an admirer of Greizmann, who is rumoured to have a transfer release clause of around £25m.

Whether any club would be willing to match that valuation remains to be seen, but Sociedad may find it difficult to keep hold of their star player for next season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hereisthecity.com/2013/04/01/who-is-tottenham-hotspur-and-arsenal-target-antoine-griezmann/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hereisthecity.com/2013/04/01/who ... griezmann/</a>

Here is more information about the player:

The 22 year old predominantly plays in a left wing role, but can also operate behind a central striker. This season he has picked up seven goals in La Liga, with his clever wing play an important part of Sociedad’s impressive run that has seen them clim to fourth in La Liga.

Griezmann is an accomplished crosser of the ball, and his defensive contribution is important when playing either on the flanks or in the centre. At 22, he is still developing, but he clearly has the potential to be an excellent player in the future.

Barcelona could bring in Griezmann as a replacement for Alexis Sanchez, who has never really settled at the Camp Nou, whilst Sp**s fans will be hoping Griezmann is being targeted to cover or play alongside Gareth Bale, rather than as a replacement for the talismanic Welshman.

Arsenal might fancy that the young French winger could bring out the best in Olivier Giroud, whose aerial ability has often been underused by their current wide men, who prefer to cut inside themselves rather than swing balls into the box.

After four good seasons in La Liga, Griezmann has more experience of top level football than many of his age could claim, and he might feel that this summer is the perfect time to move on.

Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal will find it very hard to bring him to London if Barcelona’s interest is serious, but Griezmann would be a fine addition for either club, and their rivalry in the transfer market this summer will be a major factor to which of them comes out on top on the pitch next season.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
hes been impressive the times ive seen him play, but i know when i mentioned him before in the wishlist i was laughed at.

leo_ense

Established Member
Talented player but I'm not sure he's what we need. We need to look to invest in a striker first and foremost.

Mudi

Would be great instead of Arshavin for the LW spot. But I think he will be off to Barca

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
A technically good natural winger would bring another dimension to our game that we've needed for some time.

He doesn't seem like a Barce type signing to me and I think given the financial climate he'd be available for a decent price.

FinnGooner

Established Member
It was only a matter of time we got linked with him. And of course, once again, it's "Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal are set to go toe-to-toe...".

If the price tag for this guy is that high then no thanks!

KyleHyde

Arent there rumors of Vela having a buy back fee? how bout we threaten them to trigger that clause if they wont allow a reasonable fee for Griezman?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
He's a good technical player but not the type of player that we need in the wide positions, not explosive enough nor does he score enough. Sp**s don't need him either.

pg1989

KyleHyde said:
Arent there rumors of Vela having a buy back fee? how bout we threaten them to trigger that clause if they wont allow a reasonable fee for Griezman?
Vela's not interested in coming back though as far as I know. We'd have no leverage as we couldn't force him into signing another contract with us.

evoh_1

Established Member
squad player and we have enough of that already, this club needs to be bringing in top attacking talent now to get back into a position to challenge for titles.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Transfer News Live ‏@DeadlineDayLive 2m
Arsenal have reportedly made a €15m offer for Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann. (Source: Diário de Notícias)

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 20m
15m€ offer from Arsenal to buy Antoine Griezmann. Morata just a second option. #alfredoduro #AFC

Quality young winger, definitely a fan of his. Not a striker but I felt we were short one out and out wide man anyway. Be interesting to see where this goes.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yesterday i was thinking why wenger didn't want him in the past quality talented winger and french too and today we made an offer to buy him lol.

30M Is too much in my opinion we can buy better players in 30M.

el57

We gave Sociedad Vela for pretty cheap, I think they could be reasoned with for Griezmann. Griezmann is a great character too, exactly the kind of French player we would want on our team, not a ****bag like Benzema or Nasri. Lately, I've noticed we have the French workhorses, the ones who aren't divas (and those are a rare commodity in the French national team) with Giroud, Kos and Sagna. Griezmann fits right in with all of that, plus he's talented as hell.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I can totally see this happening. This guy is a good player and even has a decent shot of going to the World Cup with France. He was suspended from the national team due to some minor infraction with the u21s, so he wasn't able to be called up for the WC qualifiers, but L'Equipe still rates him with a good chance of going.

We've been looking at this player for years. He's a smart winger that we could deploy on both sides and he knows how to score. Signing him would make me think that Wenger's long term plan is to use Theo more centrally and for Ox to drop into midfield. Also, we may use Podolski more as a CF in the second half of the season since Griezmann primarily plays on LW right now.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
30m is too high but we always start off low. I can see this climbing to 20m plus incentives based on the team's success this season.

I think that would be a fair deal if we truly want this player.

Top Bottom