• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Valencia - Am I missing something?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The esteem in which this very average one-legged wonder is held in by Man Utd fans - particularly over at Redcafe - is truly bewildering. I've always thought he was just an average, quite pacey hit and miss wide man. Infact, i think he's really quite sh!t.

Here are a couple of gifs they're currently creaming themselves over.

ifmAa0P1u11s1.gif

I mean, ffs, and check out the cross!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And this
ieR4FWejzBiFT.gif

Wow. :|

Am I being a bit of a sh!t, or is he just...meh? I mean, they fcking rate him better than Bale and a whole host of far superior players. I don't get it. I really don't.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He looks pretty on the ball and is playing for a top club. Doesn't take much more than that to get wanked about.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
@The Jury

I agree with you 100% on this one. He's painfully average, one dimensional and embarrassingly predictable.

Nani has more technique and skill in his left ear than the entire body of this fraud.

Wouterus

He is not great. But then, who are we to judge? It should be easy to make a minutes long compilation of poor crosses from Gervinho and Walcott last season. Imo Valencia is a very useful squad player for them, who also had plenty of assists last season. He certainly proved his value.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Wouterus said:
He is not great. But then, who are we to judge? It should be easy to make a minutes long compilation of poor crosses from Gervinho and Walcott last season. Imo Valencia is a very useful squad player for them, who also had plenty of assists last season. He certainly proved his value.

This is just it, though - he's just a useful squad member from where you sit. They hail him as 'world class' :lol:

He's not even as good as Theo IMO.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Dokaka said:
He looks pretty on the ball and is playing for a top club. Doesn't take much more than that to get wanked about.

You're not wrong. If he was doing the same stuff in a West Brom shirt, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

Bossa

Established Member
He's class. He's got pace, is hard working, strong as an ox and he probably has one of the best crosses in the league.

This was not sarcastic.

AFC-Phil

Established Member
You are IMO.

This lad is powerful, quick and has an incredible cross on him. Not to mention his excellent work rate. He may be horrendously predictable, but he's also very effective and a nailed on starter at Man Utd on the right.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I think he is a top player as well. He did prove himself earlier for Wigan and for his NT at the WC.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
He is a phenominal player and so effective in what he does.

He is fit, quick, strong and contradicting what people are trying to say here, his crossing is top notch.

I personally think he is underated and it's no suprise that only United fans know just how good he is, considering that he doesn't get the media recognition that he should.

You don't have to be able to beat 10 players and score a wonder goal every odd game to be a top class player.

blaze_of_glory

I think he's a good player. Nothing more than that, but he works very well with Manure's emphasis on wing play.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Valencia is a good player. Doesn't do the spectacular too often, but he does exactly what a winger in a 442 should do which is power up and down the line for 90 minutes and get balls in the box.

He's the perfect winger for their system and that is why they love him so much.

Floating

Established Member
United fans consider him one of the top wingers in the world.

I think he's quite good at his job, which is essentially to be a pure winger. He's a decent dribbler, and surprisingly strong and quick. However, his crossing is erratic, and he doesn't score many goals at all.

I definitely don't think he's one of the top in the world, but he's quite competent and really excels in the right set-up.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
TBF to Valencia, I think he's one of the best in the world if you play a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 where the winger has to play fairly deep.

That being said, he doesn't come close to the likes of Di Maria, Hazard, Mata and so on for me.

I'd say he's a right footed, less versatile Ryan Giggs. He'll do a good job as a RM/RW but he'll never become anything great. He wouldn't start for any top team other than Man Utd I think. It's hard to even see him starting for you.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Interesting opinions from our own fans.

I know he's a hard worker and excels in a 442, but I just really think everything decent he does gets blown up out of proportion by their fans.

He's 3rd tier, for me. Matt Jarvis.

Top Bottom