• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Valencia - Am I missing something?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
SomGooner said:
Suarez next.
No chance, he's got two legs.

@Dok - You're making it sound like a mere coincidence... I'm not having that! :wink:

In all honesty, the exposure of 'Tony V' hasn't been that pleasant to watch, in truth - he's a humble guy. But I DO see this as a victory for substance over statistics.....so far. In all seriousness, though - this poo's staying at the bottom.

Segway

He's a good player but with a very limited skillset and he's horribly out of form. Nothing more to it really.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
You don't win player of the season at one of the best clubs in Europe by being '****' and 'one footed'.

He had a fantastic season and was effective prior to that as well, but has since dropped off. It's like saying Nani isn't a good player simply because he hasn't been able to nail down a starting spot this season. Same goes with Berbatov and even Tevez who both had difficult campaigns at the club.

When the thread was made, Valencia was delivering the goods. As much as I bigged him up, some of you played him right down. The reality is that the truth lied somewhere in between. He didn't warrant some of the praise i gave him, nor did he warrant some of the criticism you lot dished out.

Well done Jury for predicting his downfall, how much of that was coincidence and how much was knowledge I don't know, but at the end of the day his current form is poor.

I stand by what I and many other posters said earlier on in this thread in that he is as effective as almost any traditional 4-4-2 winger in the modern game. Physically he has it it all and whilst he might be lacking in areas technically, he has shown at times during his United spell that he can produce the goods. A bad season under Ferguson is not going to change my views on how effective he was and how effective he could still be if given the chance to find his feet again.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
The Jury said:
Well well well. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/antonio-valencia-279596/index140.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/antonio-valen ... ex140.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wenger put in a cheeky bid of a fiver come the summer. That's them pay us a fiver to have him. :mrgreen:

Just point out Jury that the thread you posted doesn't exactly strengthen your argument?

The posters talk about how 'out of form' he has been this season and how low on confidence he is. To be out of form would suggest that his performances of late have not been to his usual standard, the standards that he set in recent seasons. It's no different to saying Torres was a horrible player in first season at Liveprool, then using his form at Chelsea to justify your statement.

Also, it's interetsing that you started a thread bagging the Manchester United forums, then used it a year later to justify your views. Not necessarily the route I would take to get my point across but interesting none the less.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Cudareli said:
When the thread was made, Valencia was delivering the goods.
He wasn't. You're just making things up now :lol: Dok wasn't accurate in saying he went to sh!t right after I posted this thread, so don't take that as the gospel! And anyway, Valencia got injured late September when this thread was created, and was out for a month after that.... Go read through their thread. He's been digshi!t from the first whistle to the last, for whatever reasons some have given... And of course he's one footed. Of course he bloody is. That's not even open to debate!

And thanks for the praise on 'predicting his downfall', but I really didn't. Don't get me wrong, I always knew it'd happen, but sadly created the thread far too late, if anything, to be able to accept any kudos! I would have done it the year he won player of the year, but a man can only take so much backlash!

Cudareli said:
Just point out Jury that the thread you posted doesn't exactly strengthen your argument?
Compared to how the thread started it does!

I was saying (IMO) he'd been found out long ago. At the time, you didn't see it being suggested in the thread on Redcafe. You see now though... Just saying.

Cudareli said:
The posters talk about how 'out of form' he has been this season and how low on confidence he is. To be out of form would suggest that his performances of late have not been to his usual standard, the standards that he set in recent seasons.
That's just cherry picking. Many posters over there also share my opinion on him, in that he's been found out, whether it turns out that way or not... And his 'usual standard' was always overrated IMO - soe have even said that too. You have to also factor in a fair chunk denial, which you get on all football forums.

Cudareli said:
Also, it's interetsing that you started a thread bagging the Manchester United forums, then used it a year later to justify your views. Not necessarily the route I would take to get my point across but interesting none the less.
It hasn't been a year, it's been six months! From the start of a season until now. But what can I say, they're pretty slow on the take over there. And my route was fine - Valencia himself has paved the way beautifully :wink:

But seriously, I'm not trying to strengthen my argument or convince anyone. There are no winners or losers here.

The OP stated how highly they rated him at the time, despite his poor form - which they did - and I laughed at that because, in my opinion and before his apparent complete capitulation as a player, I didn't see it. All I ever saw was a mind bogglingly one-footed player that had all his eggs in one very fragile basket. I've seen flashes in a pan before over the years, and I think Valencia's another one.

But the end of the day, who knows for sure? It's all opinions, but at least we're not descending into farce this time. Welcome back to the thread, and yours is respected.

trunks206

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="https://vine.co/u/1041628729107193856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://vine.co/u/1041628729107193856</a>

L24cy.gif

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
The first page :lol: Need more of these threads Jury, hard to find another one as obvious as Valencia though.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Poor Valencia , that's the last time he takes direction from Phil Jones , who was pointing to Valencia to pass it back to De Gea .

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
jones said:
The first page :lol: Need more of these threads Jury, hard to find another one as obvious as Valencia though.

**** me, the first page is fantastic. My comment about him looking class in a Ferguson system seems to have been fairly spot on, he's been an utter joke since he left :lol:

Some of the posts on the first page are downright shocking, holy ****. People saying he's as good as Bale, calling him better than Walcott and the likes. **** me.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Someone on the first page saying he's fitter, quicker and stronger than Bale :lol: :lol:

You said he was one of the best wingers in the world Dok as well!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I always worry when an old thread pops up because I do post some ridiculous stuff at times, but I seem to be in the clear here.

That said though, I think my calls on players tend to be spot on, remember being mocked on here 3/4 years ago when I hyped Pepe.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Rex Banner said:
Someone on the first page saying he's fitter, quicker and stronger than Bale :lol: :lol:

You said he was one of the best wingers in the world Dok as well!

In a 4-4-2 system! He did a job under Ferguson. Jury was right in calling him ****, and I did say the he didn't compare to the other top wingers around :p Still, the thread was created back then in a time where Valencia was doing very well, at least statistically, and Man Utd were still a top team.

The difference between Valencia under Ferguson and Valencia since he left is insane. Ferguson was always the king of getting the best out of his players. Countless players that you would consider average have looked much better under Ferguson.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
THunter said:
Another Cudareli classic.
My only post in here, Cudareli saying he was better than Bale, ******* idiot.

:lol: Missing him somewhat, found his edgy contrarian views and the vehemence with which he defended them always amusing. This thread certainly wouldn't be half as funny without his posts.

Think my post on the first page was absolutely spot on as usual, I'm literally never wrong when it comes to football, not that it comes as a surprise to anyone of course. /GDeep

Latest posts

Top Bottom