• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antonio Valencia - Am I missing something?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
GDeep said:
I always worry when an old thread pops up because I do post some ridiculous stuff at times, but I seem to be in the clear here.

lol first thing I did was quickly check the thread if I had posted something embarrassing here. Since I didn't I can :lol:

VancouverCanuck

This is what I had posted. And I stand by what I said. :)

VancouverCanuck said:
I rate Valencia: he's strong and quick and does his primary job very well. In other words, he is a perfect fit for Manure's system. In fact, I think he's much more effective player for them than say Nani, who has more talent.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Respect, VC. The sort of guy I'd want defending me to be honest. Spoken like a guy who has a politician as his avatar :D

blaze_of_glory

I'm just glad my loathing of manure generally prevents me from speaking too highly of any of their players :lol:

De Gea being a current exception... bigging him up fits the "utd are lucky as ****" narrative, which I"m a big fan of.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Top RB, only Walker is better in the PL at the moment. Has taken to the role like a duck to water. Has been a great servant for United in general, on his way to becoming a club legend.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

From the guy who was supossed to make us forget CR7 to fecking rightback.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

How did he become United captain?

Carrick is captain. Vice is rotated between Pogba, Valencia and Mata sometimes. The main reason is he's a top professional, been at the club for around 10 years and will play every game for us this season.

I think even most of our lot are aware that he's not the most gifted player but that's not really required from fullbacks these days, physical attributes such as stamina, strength, speed make up for more than technical qualities in a position like fullback. It's why Walker, and Valencia are probably up in terms of best in the position in the league and have carved out respectable careers despite their limitations.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Carrick is captain. Vice is rotated between Pogba, Valencia and Mata sometimes. The main reason is he's a top professional, been at the club for around 10 years and will play every game for us this season.

I think even most of our lot are aware that he's not the most gifted player but that's not really required from fullbacks these days, physical attributes such as stamina, strength, speed make up for more than technical qualities in a position like fullback. It's why Walker, and Valencia are probably up in terms of best in the position in the league and have carved out respectable careers despite their limitations.
his leg break effed him up I think. SAF had been raving about him, and unfortunately, his season(s) was gone.

sorta like what happened to Eduardo.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

his leg break effed him up I think. SAF had been raving about him, and unfortunately, his season(s) was gone.

sorta like what happened to Eduardo.

I think so too but even before that, he was never a player that you'd rave about for his technical qualities. He's done great to recover from it and at 32 to be in the position he is in.

Prior to 2014/15 it didn't look like he was going to have a career with us but we only had Rafael as the other option who was always injured, fans wanted an upgrade the following season in Darmian but Valencia was so much better than him and here he stands as one of our most consistent player last season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

How did he become United captain?
Great return from a guy bought from Wigan iirc. Think he is a terrific professional and won Uniteds player player of the year.

Wonder how many United fans at the time would have turned their noses up at buying someone from Wigan.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Great return from a guy bought from Wigan iirc. Think he is a terrific professional and won Uniteds player player of the year.

Wonder how many United fans at the time would have turned their noses up at buying someone from Wigan.

I think it made people realise how much Rooney was sacrificing his game to get the best out of Ronaldo. Rooney had a few fantastic seasons after Ronaldo left. I'd go as far as saying he was one of the worlds best strikers in 2009/10.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Been here for 11 years and still can't speak English properly. What a man :lol:

I have close mates whose grandparents migrated to Australia in the 50's and can barely string a sentence of English together. When you live in a bubble of a community it happens :lol:

Reactions: BBF
Top Bottom