• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Antti Niemi

malagar

Damn Niemi is a aging keeper nowadays.
Times have changed - reflexes get more and more important for keepers. And Niemi is at this age where he is losing them.
I just saw the match between Juve and Parma which ended a 1-1 draw . Both Buffon and Frey showed such reflex saves there which made me drool - as much as I have seen of Niemi he will never be capable of such saves . And the strieks that Buffon and Frey saved were great. I still dont believe that Frey would be a good propsect for us , because I dont believe a french keepre who comes from Italy can succed in the Premiership , but without his extraordinary reflexes on that day Parma would have been trashed by Juve .

Arsu86

Niemi has been the best keeper in EPL the last couple of seasons. I have not seen him make a mistake this season. he deserve's a better team than Soton. And i'm not saying just saying this because i'm Finnish. ;)

Arsu86

shonsuperstar said:
arsu86, has he been consistant for the Finish national team?

Yes. He has played very good for Finland. He and Eremenko jr. has saved us in the WC qualifications.

awooga83

Established Member
He would definatly be a great addition for our team and we should pay the price because he is proven in the premiership as one of the top keepers. We've tried to look for cheap bargains in the past but have never found anyone really to replace seaman. If we could get Niemi then it would be a great acquisition for us we would have IMHO a world class keeper which we have been searching for.

Ratinho

Established Member
No, don't.

Isn't he 32? Is there a reason he has spent most of his career as a reserve in Scotland (from what I recall) and at Southampton? It would be just the same as buying Dean Kiely or Maik Taylor.

I wouldn't spend money to replace Almunia with this guy. If we're going to bring in someone to be first choice, it has to be the best at an older age, or a young class keeper.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom