• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Anyone who had a heart...The Kop and terrace culture

what's the mood with rafa at the moment?
are the fans being patient or are they calling for his head ?

i read today he was blaming the board for lack of money etc etc ? is there a promlem with them ?

and would you guys approve of a take over bid (not jacko )? :woot

alonso14

Established Member
there is no-one, apart from a few phone in numpties calling for the managers hear...the man has been with us 2 full seasons......won the Champions League, th FA Cup, The Super Cup...got us to the FInal of the Carling CUp and we ended up with our highest points total since we won it last (last season)

There is a massive overeaction to two bad defeats in the media........Wind our selves back a week and we have just come off a run of 1 defeat in 12...and beaten Sp**s awya and Bolton at home in the space of three days.....

And to pick you up on it he wasnt blaming the board for lack of money per se,.,..he was blaming them for dragging there feet when the scouts identify young talent. He was pointing out that Arsenal have spent millions on the young talent that is coming through....8m on walcott, 4m on Diaby etc.....

we will be taken over in th enext month by DIC and the fans are mostly in favor. We need serious invesment to get to the next level

that's refreshing to hear. fans not demanding a new face because the old one has lost a couple of games . you'd be surprised at the number of people on here who call for wengers head. it defies logic at times.

what's the story as regards to a new stadium ?
did i read that you might ground share with the blues ? would that work ? and what would be the feeling of leaving the old place ? like you say it's a shrine to some. (do they still scatter ashes there ?)

we left highbury as you know and it was sad, but to stay competative it was a necessity .you guys are far more passionate than us. will it be popular with the die hards ?

sorry for all the questions, but i find it really interesting !

alonso14

Established Member
well firstly a ground share isnt an option,....Would share your house with the local gypsys? They are skint and a club going nowhere, we are one of the most famous clubs on the globe...no thanks!! Never happen

The reason why the club have plumped for DIC (well one of the reasons) is that they will totally fund the ground move...We should be in the stadium 2009/10

Most people realise that we need a bigger maytch day revenue (much like yourselves).....But the move will break alot of peoples hearts......There ashes scattered and one of my mates that diedat Hillsborough has his ashes there.....

alonso14 said:
.There ashes scattered and one of my mates that diedat Hillsborough has his ashes there.....

what will happen to them, thats a delicate matter !!

where is the new stadium planned for? how big etc etc ?

alonso14

Established Member
he'd be homeless :D

in this city you have to do the ground work early......Whne he was born he was given to me because she had a cesaerian....i had a chat with him then

he went to his 1st game last season (youth cup final) and this season he has been to three 1st team games

he walks and talks Liverpool like his Dad

and I have already been called into school because he had an altercation with a classmate over football....he told apparantly said "what do you know...blue"......and the lad slapped him, so Sam slapped him back

he's five :eek:ops:

that's ma boy !!!!!! :lol:

A14 do you remember this ..........from perry groves autobiography.

How did it feel when the St Johns Ambulance people dropped you off a stretcher at Highbury?
Atletico de Madrid
How did it feel? The only thing I felt was my face smashing into the dirt! It wasn't a stretcher, it was a wheelchair and my arms were strapped in. As they wheeled me round the corner the chair got stuck in the pitch and as they were so old they didn't have the strength to stop me falling, so they let me go, so my face hit the track. In the pouring rain, in front of Liverpool fans. I was annoyed at the time, but looking back it's funny.

Gryphon

question-
How did you feel when everton piped you for 4th place last season
(before the CL final)?
belive me, our 2 months before the end of the season were hell because of Sp**s supporters crawling about here
strangly enough the place is bug free although they do turn up hopefully from time to time :)

alonso14

Established Member
it was embarrrassing but then it turned funny cause we went on and won the trophy

Imagine how the blues felt...there best season in decades ignored cause there rivals were involved in the greatest European Cup Final in history.......

As my blue mate said "That week summed up what it is like to be an Evertonian....one minute glory then the red ****e throw up in my face" :D

Plus they made a complete arse of themselves in the CL and the UEFA Cup the following season....it was worth it for that

Out of Europe twice in a month...Moysey is a Genius!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I loved reading your artical
thank you for taking the time to type it all out
I have moved this to personal articles for you

alonso14

Established Member
My 1st game was in the latter end of the 1973/74 season at the age of five....My dad used to go to the match with a freind of the family who emigrated that summer to Australia and we took his season ticket on.........

So been a ST hoilder in reality since the 74 / 75 season......so 32 years!!

No woner I am bald and grey

Cant really complain can i?

10 League titles
5 European Cups
6 FA Cups
7 League Cups
2 UEFA Cups

Since I have been going the game

read it and weep Chelsea :D

Asterix

Established Member
Lovely article Alonso. You're continuing the tradition of intelligent, thoughtlful Liverpool fans on this forum. It's funny, but we rarely get those from any other club besides yours. Hope you stick around from time to time.

Top Bottom