• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

'Appalling and unfounded rumours about Arsen'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelyfar

Following on from the comments made by Mourinho describing AW as a Voyeur etc, I read this article in The Times today written by Matt Dickenson, their Chief Football Correspondent.

I was stunned by what was printed at the end of the second paragraph and have quoted a part of the section below, along with the link to the full article.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 56,00.html

[b]but in the light of the appalling and unfounded rumours that have circulated for years about Wenger, the connotations that could be read into Mourinho’s remarks made it a dangerous choice of words. [/b]

I realise that I am skating on VERY thin ice in even bringing this to the forum's attention because simply by asking if anyone has any idea what these 'appalling' rumours that have circulated for years may be I could accused of helping to spread them.

But how can I read something like that, written by a so-called 'respected' journalist, and not wonder what on earth it could be?

If you people feel this is a potato too hot to touch and the moderators decide to close this thread almost immediately I shall respect that decision 100%. But if anyone out there can shed some light on this in a sensitive, sensible manner I would appreciate it. Up until now the worst I have heard said about AW is that he is 'scholarly', aloof, stubborn and a football anorak. Now while that may not make him the life and soul of a party it certainly doesn’t amount anything else.

I repeat – if you supporters want this thread ‘binned’ then let’s do it. But if you can enlighten me or point me in the right direction (even by private email to me) then I’d appreciate that because I am simply baffled.

He is referring to the chants that imply Wenger is a peadophile. It is, of course, only a chant. And for him to say that they are 'rumours' is utterly rediculous.

Ricky_AFC

This Matt Dickensonis obviously a complete nob. Some opposing fans say that Arsène looks like a * and have made chants about him being a * at some matches (this isn't new, the chants have been around for a while now.) These chants would of been going on against Sp**s for sure so maybe thats why he brought them up.

But to say there has been recent 'rumours'! He is either ignorant or just a f**king nob. :evil:

JazzG

Established Member
He is saying unfounded and appalling rumours so what exactly is he saying wrong?

The words of the Arsène song won't be posted here and anyone who does post them will be banned and have their post removed so be warned. Disgracefull song and only true **** like the mancs and Sp**s fans find humour in it.

patrick42uk

Established Member
JazzG said:
He is saying unfounded and appalling rumours so what exactly is he saying wrong?

i think, like me, he is shocked that those rumours have been given any sort of credibility by being mentioned at all in the first place. i would have thought it was so absurd it wasnt worth mentioning

wheelyfar

Arsenal chants

Thanks for that guys. That makes it a whole lot easier to understand. It is 'just' an unpleasant chant, no doubt one of many.

I am a wheelchair user and can only get to home games simply because Arsenal only ever receives a few away tickets in the opposing teams disabled section. That obviously means I am surrounded by Arsenal chants and not the oppositions, hence I haven't heard the Spur's or Man U chants.

It looks like my thread is going to have a very short shelf life! Boy am I pleased about that.

Moderators – kill this thread whenever you are ready.

Ricky_AFC

JazzG said:

The words of the Arsène song won't be posted here and anyone who does post them will be banned and have their post removed so be warned. Disgracefull song and only true **** like the mancs and Sp**s fans find humour in it.

I what i said was an over reaction really :eek:ops:. But it annoyed me that he brought up that stupid chant as a 'rumour' because as wheelyfar has shown by posting this it just makes some people put a question mark on Arsène.

JazzG

Established Member
Thread now being locked

patrick42uk said:
JazzG said:

i think, like me, he is shocked that those rumours have been given any sort of credibility by being mentioned at all in the first place. i would have thought it was so absurd it wasnt worth mentioning

Fair enough but to be honest when Mourinho did make those remarks I did think he did choose his words carefully to take a very sly dig, hence Wenger getting annoyed about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom