• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arda Turan

danlaw

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...as-Arsène-Wenger-closes-in-on-Arda-Turan.html
There could be truth in the swap deal between Athletico Madrid and The Arsenal for Arda Turan and Carzola. It would be painful to see the little magician go, but I think it would be a good move for The Arsenal. Ramsey gets his preferred role and Sanchez ultimately moves to CF. The little guy starts a journey to a deserved retirement, home.

Atticus

i reckon there is zero chance in a swap.

Turan in years gone by was heavily linked and now wants to come to EPL and Athletico are known to want Santi, so the tabloids put two together.

Having said that hypothetically i would welcome a swap. It would be harsh, much like whats happening to ospina but it would be right for the team IMO. Santi is getting on a bit and while he had a great season overall it is noticeable that when he is having an off day is is just beyond awful.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

As both an Atletico and an Arsenal fan this would f*cking suck. Where does Arda play for us? Although he's a great player his skillset doesn't fit with us at all.

He isn't better than Özil but unlike Santi we can't play him deep because I don't think his passing range is as good. We could play him on the right like he does for Atletico occasionally but it seems a waste.

Then from an Atleti standpoint where do we play Cazorla? Won't hack it out wide anymore and Griezmann is a boss as a second striker so a No. 10 role is out the question. Simeone won't play him in a deeper role because he values combatitive workhorses like Koke, Mario Suarez and Gabi more in his system.

danlaw

As both an Atletico and an Arsenal fan this would f*cking suck. Where does Arda play for us? Although he's a great player his skillset doesn't fit with us at all.

He isn't better than Özil but unlike Santi we can't play him deep because I don't think his passing range is as good. We could play him on the right like he does for Atletico occasionally but it seems a waste.

Then from an Atleti standpoint where do we play Cazorla? Won't hack it out wide anymore and Griezmann is a boss as a second striker so a No. 10 role is out the question. Simeone won't play him in a deeper role because he values combatitive workhorses like Koke, Mario Suarez and Gabi more in his system.
It's easy! Turan plays left wing forward for Arsenal. Cazorla plays behind Griezman for Atletico!

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's easy! Turan plays left wing forward for Arsenal. Cazorla plays behind Griezman for Atletico!

Isn't left wing forward Alexis' position? Don't want to be disrupting our star man.

Griezmann is more of a second striker right now, playing off Martinez is what I think we'll go with and I doubt Simeone goes gung-ho and sticks Cazorla in behind the two of them.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

The Telegraph is as bad as all those other trash papers.

Junk, junk and more junk.

danlaw

Rex, you didn't read my analysis of the situation. I can reproduce it below:

There could be truth in the swap deal between Athletico Madrid and The Arsenal for Arda Turan and Carzola. It would be painful to see the little magician go, but I think it would be a good move for The Arsenal. Ramsey gets his preferred role and Sanchez ultimately moves to CF. The little fella starts a journey to a deserved retirement, home.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Rex, you didn't read my analysis of the situation. I can reproduce it below:

There could be truth in the swap deal between Athletico Madrid and The Arsenal for Arda Turan and Carzola. It would be painful to see the little magician go, but I think it would be a good move for The Arsenal. Ramsey gets his preferred role and Sanchez ultimately moves to CF. The little fella starts a journey to a deserved retirement, home.

Yeah but we tried Alexis at center forward last year and it wasn't good. He plays better with defenders in front of him, rather than on their shoulders.

Where does Arda start for us should be the main question?

And I doubt Santi has any reason to want to retire at Atletico, it'd be Oviedo or possibly Villarreal if he had his choice.

danlaw

Yeah but we tried Alexis at center forward last year and it wasn't good. He plays better with defenders in front of him, rather than on their shoulders.

Where does Arda start for us should be the main question?

And I doubt Santi has any reason to want to retire at Atletico, it'd be Oviedo or possibly Villarreal if he had his choice.
Sanchez scored most of his goes playing as CF.

I didn't say Cazorla would retire at Athletico.

Turan would play from the wings for us, mostly left wing.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Rex what is it about his skill set that doesn't fit? His lack of pace?
I think if we we're truly interested in Arda, he slides into the right attacking mid/wing spot. He's an outstanding talent, perfect for Mourinho's system to be honest.

Refo

Agree that he's perfect for Mourinho. His style of play is identical to Willian's current role with Chelsea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom